Forum Settings
Forums

A automatic way to create Volume Discussion threads for Light novels just like it is mangas

New
Jul 29, 4:21 PM

Apr 2020
so i read Light novels a lot and i create threads for volume discussion as well.
but honestly unlike in mangas where we simply click on "Check if this topic will be the start of a chapter discussion." and all the stuff like polls are made automatically and chapter discussion gets added to "chapters" section of threads

meanwhile in Light novels , there's no Volume creation thing , i had to create polls manually and other stuff, even then the volume discussion threadi had to create manually is not added to "chapters" part of threads.

now i can simply create chapter threads for Light novels and treat each chapter as volume ,
but honestly it feels weird to create chapter threads for LNs when in LNs we deal volume wise only (yeah volume wise only since WNs are not officially recognised in MAL)

i dont know how much of effort will it take but i hope MAL add this little part along side chapter creation
Thank you
NaughtySempaiJul 30, 5:28 AM
Jul 30, 5:02 AM

Nov 2018
I would also like to see this be implemented as well.

The way chapters are counted for certain entries can be really confusing at times. Sometimes half chapters or special chapters are included and the chapter order for the discussion posts becomes out of place, it's just better for LN chapters to be discussed all at once in single volume discussion posts.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jul 30, 5:26 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to _cjessop19_
I would also like to see this be implemented as well.

The way chapters are counted for certain entries can be really confusing at times. Sometimes half chapters or special chapters are included and the chapter order for the discussion posts becomes out of place, it's just better for LN chapters to be discussed all at once in single volume discussion posts.
@_cjessop19_ yeah bonus chapters are always in Volume release , and in LN its always a volume release , it never had chapter releases
so it would be great to able to create volume threads

otherwise i would just rather go to reddit to discuss things , MAL need to improve with time.
Jul 30, 5:46 AM

Jan 2009
they should separate manga from light novels first then they can easily name discussion threads as either "chapter thread" for manga and "volume thread" for light novels

More topics from this board

» The required minimum length for reviews should be lower.

scrimau - Oct 19, 2020

31 by Madmatt505 »»
Yesterday, 7:40 AM

» Modernise club and blog comments and add in edit feature for club comments

_cjessop19_ - Nov 13, 2023

2 by LittleStar »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM

» Warning message in Messages that tell us that the person only accepts messages from friends only or has it disabled entirely

_cjessop19_ - Jul 23

12 by Shishio-kun »»
Jul 31, 1:42 PM

» Add the option to choose the episodes or chapters you watched

WraFh - Jul 31

0 by WraFh »»
Jul 31, 9:43 AM

» Ability to sort Interest Stacks by different means

_cjessop19_ - Mar 8

3 by IridescentJaune »»
Jul 30, 4:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.