Jul 5, 12:44 PM

Aug 2019

some people even tend to want to help others
but they do it in a mocking way

something like

"do this and it will help you"

they say
"you're dumb and a loser haha"

they expect the other person to be motivated by the negative reinforcement? is that it? if you are someone like that explain why

some of them are angry as hell if someone else's failure offends them

Jul 5, 1:00 PM

Sep 2016
Taiyaa said:
"do this and it will help you"

How is this mocking? It seems kind of too self-assured, but that's it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 5, 1:21 PM

Feb 2020
My mother was offered compensation for some of her treatment, if she signed something saying she was mentally unwell.
I don't think you can much mockery than that, thank god she didn't sign (and no she wasn't mentally unwell)
Jul 5, 1:28 PM

Feb 2024
Taiyaa said:
they expect the other person to be motivated by the negative reinforcement?

Do you believe it yourself? I don't.
Just some bizarre form of toxic self-affirmation. Why do you care at all? Take what you need from them and move over.
LoveYourSmileJul 5, 5:48 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jul 5, 2:16 PM

Jul 2023
You mean when someone is helping you and giving you a hard time while doing so? This is commonplace in any work environment, from a corporate office to a firm, to a nurse's station, to a grocery store. Virtually any working environment that has you corresponding with colleagues, or a 3rd party, is prone to giving shit to someone the moment a mistake occurs, a clerical error is made, they enter data incorrectly, and the like. I would not say that is the norm, and most people are capable of remaining professional, but it still happens often enough that it couldn't be called uncommon. Though, I don't believe I've ever heard anyone comment "you're dumb and a loser haha" before (though I'm sure many parties are inclined to think such things), but when someone is fixing someone else's oversight, or redoing their work, or providing feedback it isn't unusual for a bit of professional-sounding bullshit to be said in exasperation of suddenly having more to do.

Outside of a working environment? Those are all of your personal relationships. If you make friends with people who berate you when you need help (and begrudgingly help you) then I would be inclined to say that's your own fault. Make better friends, or be grateful that the ones you have are willing to help you at all. If you're asking a stranger for assistance with something like a flat tire or getting your car jumped and they are courteous enough to oblige then I also think it's a reasonable sanity tax that they get a bit of frustration out of their system by giving you shit; "What, you don't have a spare tire with treads this worn? Are you trying to see how long it is before you have a fucking blowout?"; if you drop something, "Here, let me get that for you--let me guess, first day with the new hands, huh?"; you break something, "Lost your touch, huh Midas? I'll get the broom and you'll keep your hands to yourself", etc., etc. The list goes on. People's creativity in insulting others is limited only by imagination and how annoyed they are, whether with you or in general.

On another note, nothing has ever annoyed me so much as the occasions when I or someone else has asked for a hand with something, only for the recipient of these words to reply "Sure, which one?", and almost always in that same guffawing tone, as though it were the very first time that line had ever been used.
Jul 5, 2:58 PM

Oct 2022
I guess it depends on the severity of the issue and the closeness between the two.

Sometimes a friend of you can be really down and "locked" on a depressive state were he cant even see the light of day, then you can use this way to lower the severity of this and help him. Other times a friend can really be digging his own grave and mocking him can help him see the his wrongdoing.

Now, as I say, is between 2 (or more) friends that are close, so the other know is not an attack. If someone else do it it could be because it doesnt know how to help and is making a mistake
Jul 5, 10:03 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Better not to mind any of what is said.

More topics from this board

» Have you tried topping your ice cream with mayonnaise?

ZakuF_ - Jul 6

23 by W3TFT »»
44 minutes ago

» If you could remotely access only 2 famous people's eyesight for 2 hours (once per day, but any time of the day you choose)

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Why aren't we mass producing elephants for war

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

9 by JustMaya »»
2 hours ago

» If Elon Musk is worth 248 billion...

ZakuF_ - 12 hours ago

9 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 hours ago

» Love or lust?

SimplyBrazen - Today

21 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.