Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 5:39 AM

Dec 2015
An interesting case overall. I love it when the police are competent and have a joint effort with Conan.
Really wanted to see Megure get in some words with Conan's stunt today though XD.

If Conan ever wanted to go on the dark side, this city would be in trouble。。。 Well more trouble than usual (^_^;).

Welp, only problem I have with this anime original is that it didn't get more time. The writer for this episode is Akatsuki Yamatoya. He's done some good episodes like Whiteout (1036-1037) and series like Ayumi diaries and Girl's Day Mystery. Wonder what he'll cook up next. Good to have some anime original peak before this 2 week break comes up.

編集ソフトはそんなことができる?なんかすごい。あの奥さん(マスターマインド)はすごいね。
そんなことやる気あるなんて、離婚は当たり前だろう。あれ?次回予告は?二週間休みだと?!まあええや。楽しかった。
Jun 29, 5:01 PM

Sep 2015
Repeating what I said after part one; this is the best episode we got in recent memories, it's even better that the recent canon episodes.
Jun 29, 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, so the true culprit turned out to be the stepmother, and her goal wasn't the money, but to kill the stepson. And not just for a superficial reason like inheritance, but a more personal one of an impending divorce and likely loss of child custody. I'm guessing she intended to have Kazuo killed, so the only heir/son left would be her own biological child, Sakae, the younger half-brother. That way, it was more likely the divorce would be called off, trying to keep what remains of the family together. Really adds another layer of depth to her motivations as the culprit, whereas most of the time the usual murderer-of-the-week tends to be quite shallow and predictable, or a crime of passion, or a crime of opportunity.

I like how they even nailed the Not-Uniqlo fashion with their disguises.

I did not expect so many twists and turns, starting with the "culprits" also being the victims in the first half, then Conan having to deceive Megure by posing as the kidnapper himself to delay their operation as he rescues Tetsuya in the apartment, or when Kazuo being sent back right into the viper's den just when you thought he got home safe. Felt like a rollercoaster. It's been a long time since I've had this much suspense. This 2-part episode arc was by far the best-written episodes I've seen come from Detective Conan. That would also be a pretty fresh idea to spin into a movie: have Conan be the culprit, say in a grander scheme to achieve a greater good goal, like seeking justice against the Gin in the Black Organization for killing Haibara's sister...all the while Conan is a more competent criminal than anyone you've seen with his higher intelligence and detective experiences solving countless cases. That would be pretty fun to watch unfold.

What surprised me most, was finding out that this is a TV original, not adapted from the manga! They absolutely should have saved this premise for a movie version and fleshed it out more, making it bigger with a larger budget, as the featured parents were quite likable despite being ordinary civilians that would give a satisfying resolution. Whoever they got to write this, they should have them write a lot more episodes of this level of work rather than the usual fillers.

Side note: Interesting how the car Naho was driving was a Western car, likely an import given where the driver's seat was. It highlighted that she's richer than most people...Whereas Tetsuya's parents, or at least the dad who brings home the bacon, struggled for a moment when he saw what the bill came up to at the Not-Uniqlo clothing store (and the housewife swiping his card without hesitation, lol) showing that they really are just ordinary people trying to make ends meet, living day-to-day. These subtle points were a masterclass in "Show. Don't tell." storytelling.
Estoy_GordoJun 29, 7:33 PM
Jun 29, 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
noice episode.

but, damn...
If I'm Megure, I would be extremely pissed. hahaha
Yesterday, 3:56 AM
Mar 2018
Great conclusion to a solid case!

This felt very much like an early-seasons filler, smart and hard to distinguish from a manga adaptation. I thought the writing was good, with a sustained pace and even some humor. The characters were engaging, especially the couple; having Conan work against the cops and with the "criminals" was a stroke of genius! Paradoxically, it showcased Megure's great investigative skills.

I did think, watching last week's episode, that the mom was off, but I couldn't figure out a motive for her to want to have her son kidnap. Now it makes sense. The reveal was pretty intense; poor boy. It would've been nice to see the couple apologizing to him, since he only knew them as his kidnappers. Maybe the last scene could've even been him and their son playing in the park!

But all in all, great case!
11 hours ago

Jul 2008
Didn't see the culprit coming, and the police didn't act like incompetent fools. MORE EPISODES LIKE THIS PLEASE!!!!
29 minutes ago
Jun 2021
Reply to Estoy_Gordo
Wow, so the true culprit turned out to be the stepmother, and her goal wasn't the money, but to kill the stepson. And not just for a superficial reason like inheritance, but a more personal one of an impending divorce and likely loss of child custody. I'm guessing she intended to have Kazuo killed, so the only heir/son left would be her own biological child, Sakae, the younger half-brother. That way, it was more likely the divorce would be called off, trying to keep what remains of the family together. Really adds another layer of depth to her motivations as the culprit, whereas most of the time the usual murderer-of-the-week tends to be quite shallow and predictable, or a crime of passion, or a crime of opportunity.

I like how they even nailed the Not-Uniqlo fashion with their disguises.

I did not expect so many twists and turns, starting with the "culprits" also being the victims in the first half, then Conan having to deceive Megure by posing as the kidnapper himself to delay their operation as he rescues Tetsuya in the apartment, or when Kazuo being sent back right into the viper's den just when you thought he got home safe. Felt like a rollercoaster. It's been a long time since I've had this much suspense. This 2-part episode arc was by far the best-written episodes I've seen come from Detective Conan. That would also be a pretty fresh idea to spin into a movie: have Conan be the culprit, say in a grander scheme to achieve a greater good goal, like seeking justice against the Gin in the Black Organization for killing Haibara's sister...all the while Conan is a more competent criminal than anyone you've seen with his higher intelligence and detective experiences solving countless cases. That would be pretty fun to watch unfold.

What surprised me most, was finding out that this is a TV original, not adapted from the manga! They absolutely should have saved this premise for a movie version and fleshed it out more, making it bigger with a larger budget, as the featured parents were quite likable despite being ordinary civilians that would give a satisfying resolution. Whoever they got to write this, they should have them write a lot more episodes of this level of work rather than the usual fillers.

Side note: Interesting how the car Naho was driving was a Western car, likely an import given where the driver's seat was. It highlighted that she's richer than most people...Whereas Tetsuya's parents, or at least the dad who brings home the bacon, struggled for a moment when he saw what the bill came up to at the Not-Uniqlo clothing store (and the housewife swiping his card without hesitation, lol) showing that they really are just ordinary people trying to make ends meet, living day-to-day. These subtle points were a masterclass in "Show. Don't tell." storytelling.
@Estoy_Gordo
That's what happens in the second part of the Bourbon Arc. Conan is the culprit, Bourbon the Detective.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 254 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 6, 2012

28 by ZZZ111000 »»
Yesterday, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 253 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 6, 2012

10 by ZZZ111000 »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 252 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 6, 2012

12 by ZZZ111000 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 251 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 6, 2012

14 by ZZZ111000 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1125 Discussion

hai_X_is - Jun 1

6 by Nakuy »»
Jun 29, 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.