Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 6:51 AM

Jul 2016
I know I am being delusional, but it seems this movie was a success.
So…. Is there even a remote chance they would turn the next movie into a season?
Or maybe make 2 new movies instead of just one?
It would be great of there was one movie for the end of the nationals tournament and brazil arc, and then after that for the last arc.
Jun 6, 7:48 AM
Nov 2019
Quequel said:
So…. Is there even a remote chance they would turn the next movie into a season?
It would be great of there was one movie for the end of the nationals tournament and brazil arc, and then after that for the last arc.

why would they turn the 2nd part of a MOVIE into a TV series that would be max 7-8 episodes if they haven't announced a series for the 1st movie. doesn't make sense, nor would it be a nice format it would be really confusing.
Jun 6, 7:49 AM
Nov 2019
Quequel said:

and it's better to adapt what's left then to go past what they adapt. it would disrespect the authors work, ask the author to continue the series if you want more lol
Jun 7, 6:26 AM
Feb 2022
Quequel said:

well, this movie is the final part 1.
we could might get a final part 2 as the quarter finals are pending and that movie would be the last movie ever for the Haikyuu franchise, simply to put, Haikyuu ends. this info was already discussed in one of the meets of Haikyuu.
Jun 7, 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
I didn’t get a chance to watch the movie yet, I thought it would only cover the dumpster battle.
I am not aware of the discussions of the meets of Haikyuu.
Thank you for your replies.
Jun 9, 8:08 AM

Oct 2019
I'm a bit confused to be honest, Apparently, this movie adapted 34 chapters, which is already a much faster pacing than the seasons, but they condensed it really well, so it worked out.

But now there are 72 chapters left. which is about double as many chapters as this movie.

Which along with the team being I believe in the semi-finale, probably means there are 2 matches left. So no matter how I look at it, the math doesn't add up. If they could adapt the last stretch with 3 movies and it being adapted gracefully, why would they go for 2 movies? It just doesn't make sense.

I would call it a "fuck it let's just end it" situation, but they are close enough to the end that I REALLY can't see how making it one movie shorter makes any financial sense.

So with that, I see a few possibilities:

1. It's like a 3-4 hour long movie that adapts the rest of the manga with no issues or pace ruining cuts.

2. They found a framing that can somehow put 70 chapters into 1 hour and 30 minutes and make it work. Which is technically possible. But it would take some brilliance in creativity, directing and story telling to pull it off

3. It's an anime original ending, that makes the team lose the next match. I haven't read the manga, but I assume that's not the case there. and Once that happens, you can read the manga for the alternative, or original ending.

4. It's going to be rushed, and some idiot somewhere thought rushing the very last movie of a long running franchise is a good idea.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 11, 2:18 PM
Nov 2020
Quequel said:

They announced it as Final part 2 movie..idk when it will air but it’s definitely not the end based on extra credits scene.

More topics from this board

» News: releases on Blu-ray & DVD in Japan!!

nirererin - Jul 29

4 by Serafos »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» When will it get released online

Hickykissy - Jul 28

4 by nirererin »»
Jul 29, 7:31 AM

» Whats Next? don't read it, when anime only!

Kuraikosama - Jul 6

5 by shinoikawa »»
Jul 16, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Movie: Gomisuteba no Kessen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 11

65 by coffee_maker12 »»
Jul 4, 10:00 PM

» Never seen Haikyuu!! before, should I watch this?

Riiken - Jun 1

15 by stns27 »»
Jul 4, 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.