Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 2:57 AM
Sep 2022
Like I genuinely don't understand the hate this part gets.

This was a masterpiece in every way!
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 24, 3:11 AM
Jun 2021
i agree! I was blown away by the storytelling, characters, and world-building in Moshuko Tensei. It's a true masterpiece that deserves more recognition. The way it tackles complex themes like trauma, mental health, and morality is truly impressive. The animation is also stunning, with a unique art style that really adds to the show's atmosphere. I'm glad you're not alone in thinking it's underrated - I've had similar conversations with friends who also love the series.
May 24, 3:23 AM
Mar 2021
I watched and thought it was good. I wouldn’t say best SoL tho. It also kinda jumps around and leaves stories hanging. Granted it hasn’t ended yet.
May 24, 3:34 AM
Apr 2023
GoatPieceLuffy said:

Insane anime and very good sol but Nothing beats Match comes in like a lion, Laid back camp, Violet evergarden in terms of sol
May 24, 3:46 AM
Dec 2021
SIimyBread said:
GoatPieceLuffy said:

Insane anime and very good sol but Nothing beats Match comes in like a lion, Laid back camp, Violet evergarden in terms of sol

It might be my recency bias as I just completed Frieren but If we r talking about SOL Frieren should be right there at the top.
May 24, 3:49 AM
Apr 2023
Saitama1Gintoki said:
SIimyBread said:

It might be my recency bias as I just completed Frieren but If we r talking about SOL Frieren should be right there at the top.

frieren is not even a full sol anime. even if you compare that way Mushishi still has it beat.
May 24, 4:47 AM

Jul 2015
Shounen kids were expecting mindless sakuga and action, got character development and chilling. The usual stuff.

May 24, 4:50 AM
Apr 2021
,,,What SoL means?
vesamija8May 24, 4:53 AM
May 24, 5:01 AM
Oct 2023
Yeah once you get past the overt sexual assault on his own cousin it gets to be decent… No way is this the best SoL. I can overlook pervert characters but straight up sexual deviant criminal characters? Ain’t happening.
May 24, 5:03 AM
Oct 2023
vesamija8 said:
,,,What SoL means?

Slice of Life. Honestly this is an Isekai so it’s nothing like SoL I think OP might’ve had one too many bottles of soju while writing this. Slice of Life is supposed to be relatable in many ways, one of which being setting. None of us have ever lived in medieval times so I don’t get how this is related at all.
May 24, 6:35 AM
Mar 2021
nope this is average SOL ,for me dragon maid,usagi drop,flying wich, and childcare animes are peak of SOL,they are soul soothing and love them so much โœŒ๐Ÿ˜˜โค
Anime Rules the world
May 24, 7:23 AM
Dec 2020
true its also my favorite romance anime
May 24, 10:14 AM
Jul 2022
rinnmakesmusic said:
vesamija8 said:
,,,What SoL means?

Slice of Life. Honestly this is an Isekai so it’s nothing like SoL I think OP might’ve had one too many bottles of soju while writing this. Slice of Life is supposed to be relatable in many ways, one of which being setting. None of us have ever lived in medieval times so I don’t get how this is related at all.

MT is really long and literally a slice of this man’s life
May 24, 10:19 AM
Oct 2023
@jochem050 if you’re using that lazy argument, that would also mean Konosuba is a SoL, in which it is significantly better than MT. They’re also just straight up not. Komi Can’t Communicate, Horimiya, Saiki K, LBC, Fruits Basket are ALL Slice of Life. Please feel free to try and draw ANY comparisons between MT and the shows I just mentioned.
May 24, 10:24 AM
Jul 2022
rinnmakesmusic said:
@jochem050 if you’re using that lazy argument, that would also mean Konosuba is a SoL, in which it is significantly better than MT. They’re also just straight up not. Komi Can’t Communicate, Horimiya, Saiki K, LBC, Fruits Basket are ALL Slice of Life. Please feel free to try and draw ANY comparisons between MT and the shows I just mentioned.

I mean alot of MT isnt sol thats true so ig its fair if you dont think it is one, but a lot of MT is also just sol especially the school arc and this arc and the arc after this one but you do have a good point
May 24, 10:26 AM
Oct 2023
jochem050 said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

I mean alot of MT isnt sol thats true so ig its fair if you dont think it is one, but a lot of MT is also just sol especially the school arc and this arc and the arc after this one but you do have a good point

But it’s not though. School arcs and hot spring episodes are part of overarching tropes of anime in general, not Slice of Life. It’s also what 1/4th of the series? My PFP is from Toradora, a REAL slice of life where they’re always in school… because it’s realistic๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜‚
May 24, 10:30 AM
Jul 2022
rinnmakesmusic said:
jochem050 said:

But it’s not though. School arcs and hot spring episodes are part of overarching tropes of anime in general, not Slice of Life. It’s also what 1/4th of the series? My PFP is from Toradora, a REAL slice of life where they’re always in school… because it’s realistic๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok, but like vol 1 8-11 vol 13 (i have only read till vol 16 and a fair bit in between the other volumes consist of mostly sol if thats not enough for you then your right
May 24, 10:34 AM
Oct 2023
jochem050 said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

Ok, but like vol 1 8-11 vol 13 (i have only read till vol 16 and a fair bit in between the other volumes consist of mostly sol if thats not enough for you then your right

I just think you’re still misinterpreting the genre’s meaning itself. Maybe look up slice of life anime on Google? Guarantee you won’t see MT on there anywhere, but a good 100% of the shows I listed will be. Also this is the discussion page for MT the anime, not the manga. Nobody here really takes into account what happened in the manga since this is a show.
May 24, 10:35 AM
Oct 2023
@jochem050 if going to school makes an anime SoL then fucking Blue Exorcist is a SoL by that definition. Do you really not see what’s wrong here?
May 24, 10:39 AM
Jul 2022
rinnmakesmusic said:
@jochem050 if going to school makes an anime SoL then fucking Blue Exorcist is a SoL by that definition. Do you really not see what’s wrong here?

Btw sol doesnt have to be realistic, take aria for example, but this is indeed my interpretation of the genre and what i have seen of it i do still consider mt to be a sol and if that is a misinterpretation from your perspective im fine with that, hope you have nice day ๐Ÿ‘
May 24, 10:49 AM
Oct 2023
@jochem050 I appreciate your respect, I apologize if you feel it wasn’t offered to you equally on my behalf. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that, you have a nice day as well!
May 24, 11:06 AM
Jul 2022
rinnmakesmusic said:
@jochem050 I appreciate your respect, I apologize if you feel it wasn’t offered to you equally on my behalf. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that, you have a nice day as well!

Ty bro appreciate it
May 24, 12:23 PM

Dec 2020
Well the anime is yet to reach the rank of masterpiece
But the ln is obviously a masterpiece no cap
May 24, 12:58 PM
Feb 2021
It was pretty good...but I definitely would have dropped this series had it begun with this arc instead of all we've seen thus far.
May 25, 8:36 AM
Sep 2022
Season 1 and 2 at the moment on a high level look like a reflection of person growing up. When season one is a childhood full of optimism, excitement, support, adventure and mistakes, season two is like entering adulthood when fun is over, it's time for hard work and your each step starts to feels like a mistake, though objectively it is never nearly as bad. It just feels that way, that you are the most unlucky and dumb person in this world. But with effort, patience and time you finally find your way, long lost support and everything becomes brighter.

Can't blame anime only viewers for perceiving MT as solely fantasy adventure story before season 2. It was hard to expect if you are not familiar with novels, but it makes perfect sense in a large scheme of things, it had to be this way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

359 by minnaslay127 »»
Yesterday, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

470 by VCSMaster »»
Sep 19, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

280 by VCSMaster »»
Sep 17, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

243 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 16, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

265 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 16, 3:00 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.