Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 11:26 AM
Dec 2019
As the title suggests, why do you like Chitoge who in my opinion is an abuser and a manipulater... So can you explain why? I will give my opinion below

"raku is more comfortable with chitoge and he was even best friends with chitoge" is the most common answer I get... Raku was never comfortable to be totally honest with Chitoge whenever she does something that he doesn't like and whenever he says something or does a push back he is punished for it by either getting punched or slapped or getting ignored... That's how abusers manipulate people when they don't get their way... Even in Chapter 200 when Chitoge took out Raku on a date to cheer him up, all she did was put him in uncomfortable situations and called him beansprout for not being able to put up with it... After getting punched by her (which happens a lot in the series) he finally loses it and says "what the hell is wrong with you today? You drag me around and then punch me?! What the hell are you even trying to do?" To that she walks away from the date!! Any decent friend would apologise and try to make Raku feel a bit more joy, but no she leaves him!!! The reason for the whole date is itself to cheer raku up... This is just a one sided friendship... Chitoge can call Raku names, but Raku can't call Chitoge any names or else he will be punched or slapped... Chitoge can tell without holding back to Raku when he makes her feel pain/unpleasant/hurt and Raku has to apologise, but when Raku is honest with her he is punched and Raku has to apologise... Raku being comfortable with Chitoge is a big lie because he isn't allowed to tease her, needs to walk on egg shells in fear of her erupting, and always needs to be the one apologising first or the relationship will break...

That's how a relationship with abuser and a manipulater looks like... I can tease you in front of your friends, but you can't tease me infront of my friends... I will punish you if you don't behave in a way that I consider "correct" by ignoring you, withholding affection and communication from you till you learn your lesson and apologise to me... You can't correct me and point my flaws to me

It really saddens me that when people become fans of Chitoge that they don't understand how abuse and manipulation happens and also about reciprocal relationships... It's fine to tease and fight with your friends and spouses but it cannot be one-sided
May 21, 11:30 AM
Oct 2019
She is blonde,she is a gorilla how you cannot love her. It's like asking why you like your cat. You like it because he is cute and he can bite you.
May 21, 11:32 AM
Jul 2023
Otakupervert890 said:
She is blonde,she is a gorilla how you cannot love her. It's like asking why you like your cat. You like it because he is cute and he can bite you.

I don't even like nisekoi but this is straight facts.
May 21, 11:35 AM
Jun 2021
I love Chitoge's quirky and playful personality. She's always up for an adventure and isn't afraid to be herself. Her confidence and sassiness are really infectious and make me smile.

Chitoge is so unpredictable, you never know what she'll do next. She's always getting into trouble, and her antics often lead to hilarious moments. I love how she keeps me on my toes and never gets boring.

Despite her tough exterior, Chitoge has a lot of emotional depth. She's been hurt in the past, and that's made her wary of getting close to people. I love how her character slowly opens up, revealing her vulnerabilities and making me feel for her.

I think Chitoge is a great contrast to Ruri's more serious and reserved personality. While Ruri is sweet and gentle, Chitoge is more outgoing and playful. Their differences make for interesting interactions and dynamics.

The chemistry between Chitoge and Raku is undeniable. Their banter and teasing are so much fun to watch, and their underlying feelings for each other are heartbreaking. I love how they balance each other out, bringing out the best in each other.

Chitoge undergoes significant growth and development throughout the series. She starts off as a bit of a tsundere, but as the story progresses, she becomes more open and vulnerable. I love seeing her overcome her fears and learn to trust others.

I think many people can relate to Chitoge's struggles with trust and vulnerability. She's not perfect, and that makes her more relatable and human. I appreciate how her character reflects the complexities of real-life relationships.

Chitoge often provides comedic relief in the series, with her silly antics and reactions. Her humor is infectious, and she always knows how to lighten the mood.

Despite her tough exterior, Chitoge is fiercely loyal to those she cares about. She'll do whatever it takes to support them, even if it means putting herself in harm's way. I admire her unwavering commitment to those she loves.

Chitoge is a complex character with many layers. She's not just a one-dimensional tsundere or a 'love interest.' She's a fully fleshed-out person with her own strengths, weaknesses, and motivations. I love exploring her character through different episodes and storylines.
May 21, 11:47 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Otakupervert890
@Otakupervert890 But relationship with your cat isn't one-sided... If you let your cat know that you don't like something that cat does, it doesn't stop loving you or just straight up ignore you right...

Where as Chitoge just straight up abuses Raku and he has to be the one apologising ALWAYS.. There is not one situation where Chitoge does something wrong and she is the that takes the initiative and apologises for it... Not ONCE... Even after slapping Raku infront of whole class, he is the one that first has to contact her, talk cordially and appeases her emotions, then only a half hearted apology in a corner comes from her..

She is shitty human being to begin with, I guess if you don't see her as a human at all and don't put human morals to her, then maybe she is likable... But even as a pet cat, she is shitty pet cat that would make you apologise to all your house guests with its shitty irrational behaviour
May 21, 12:05 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to ExternalWorld
I love Chitoge's quirky and playful personality. She's always up for an adventure and isn't afraid to be herself. Her confidence and sassiness are really infectious and make me smile.

Chitoge is so unpredictable, you never know what she'll do next. She's always getting into trouble, and her antics often lead to hilarious moments. I love how she keeps me on my toes and never gets boring.

Despite her tough exterior, Chitoge has a lot of emotional depth. She's been hurt in the past, and that's made her wary of getting close to people. I love how her character slowly opens up, revealing her vulnerabilities and making me feel for her.

I think Chitoge is a great contrast to Ruri's more serious and reserved personality. While Ruri is sweet and gentle, Chitoge is more outgoing and playful. Their differences make for interesting interactions and dynamics.

The chemistry between Chitoge and Raku is undeniable. Their banter and teasing are so much fun to watch, and their underlying feelings for each other are heartbreaking. I love how they balance each other out, bringing out the best in each other.

Chitoge undergoes significant growth and development throughout the series. She starts off as a bit of a tsundere, but as the story progresses, she becomes more open and vulnerable. I love seeing her overcome her fears and learn to trust others.

I think many people can relate to Chitoge's struggles with trust and vulnerability. She's not perfect, and that makes her more relatable and human. I appreciate how her character reflects the complexities of real-life relationships.

Chitoge often provides comedic relief in the series, with her silly antics and reactions. Her humor is infectious, and she always knows how to lighten the mood.

Despite her tough exterior, Chitoge is fiercely loyal to those she cares about. She'll do whatever it takes to support them, even if it means putting herself in harm's way. I admire her unwavering commitment to those she loves.

Chitoge is a complex character with many layers. She's not just a one-dimensional tsundere or a 'love interest.' She's a fully fleshed-out person with her own strengths, weaknesses, and motivations. I love exploring her character through different episodes and storylines.
@ExternalWorld "The chemistry between Chitoge and Raku is undeniable. Their banter and teasing are so much fun to watch, and their underlying feelings for each other are heartbreaking. I love how they balance each other out, bringing out the best in each other."

This is what I don't agree with... You say tease each other, but ONLY Chitoge teases Raku but Raku can't tease Chitoge back without getting punished for it by Chitoge... There is no "teasing each other" only "I tease you, you can't tease me"... You say "they bring best in each other " but it's actually "Raku better be in his best behaviour or he is getting punched or slapped or emotional abuse of some sort, and Chitoge can do whatever hell she wants"... And if you observe, its always Raku that needs to apologise first no matter what the situation is... That is neither good relationship nor good chemistry nor bringing best of each other...

She is loyal to the ones she love and she does support them with whatever it takes BUT she always does it in a way that hurts them... Always... Even in the end, to become a better person/partner to Raku, she abandons him for years... To be a good friend to Onodera she leaves/abandons all her friends in Japan which obviously hurts both Onodera and Raku...

Even if she loves them she hurts them, even if she tries to cheer them up she hurts them, the whole Nisekoi story is Chitoge basically hurting Raku by slapping (serious), punching (serious and comedy), shouting, calling names, ignoring
May 21, 12:19 PM
Jun 2021
Kira_Illusionist said:
@ExternalWorld "The chemistry between Chitoge and Raku is undeniable. Their banter and teasing are so much fun to watch, and their underlying feelings for each other are heartbreaking. I love how they balance each other out, bringing out the best in each other."

This is what I don't agree with... You say tease each other, but ONLY Chitoge teases Raku but Raku can't tease Chitoge back without getting punished for it by Chitoge... There is no "teasing each other" only "I tease you, you can't tease me"... You say "they bring best in each other " but it's actually "Raku better be in his best behaviour or he is getting punched or slapped or emotional abuse of some sort, and Chitoge can do whatever hell she wants"... And if you observe, its always Raku that needs to apologise first no matter what the situation is... That is neither good relationship nor good chemistry nor bringing best of each other...

She is loyal to the ones she love and she does support them with whatever it takes BUT she always does it in a way that hurts them... Always... Even in the end, to become a better person/partner to Raku, she abandons him for years... To be a good friend to Onodera she leaves/abandons all her friends in Japan which obviously hurts both Onodera and Raku...

Even if she loves them she hurts them, even if she tries to cheer them up she hurts them, the whole Nisekoi story is Chitoge basically hurting Raku by slapping (serious), punching (serious and comedy), shouting, calling names, ignoring

I understand why you think the chemistry between Chitoge and Raku is undeniable, but I have to respectfully disagree. While they may have a strong connection, I believe their relationship is problematic and unhealthy. Chitoge's behavior towards Raku is often abusive and controlling, and it's not okay for someone to be hurt or belittled in order to "bring out the best" in them. Raku's constant apologizing and need to conform to Chitoge's demands also suggests a lack of equality in their relationship. While Chitoge may be a complex character with her own motivations, her actions have a significant impact on those around her. I think the series would have benefited from a more balanced portrayal of their relationship.
May 21, 12:27 PM
Jun 2021
Kira_Illusionist said:

In that case, I should clarify that the behavior and relationship dynamics depicted in Nisekoi are intended to be humorous and satirical, rather than taken as a serious representation of healthy relationships.

Chitoge's over-the-top and dramatic behavior is often played for comedic effect, and Raku's reactions to her antics are meant to be humorous and relatable. The show's portrayal of their relationship is meant to be a lighthearted and humorous take on the complexities of romance and relationships.

So, while the show may not necessarily promote healthy or respectful relationships, it's intended to be a comedic exploration of the ups and downs of love and relationships, rather than a serious commentary on them.
May 21, 12:32 PM

Apr 2021
tbh i would have been fine with any girl winning except onodera, that gotta be one of the worst female love interests i have seen in all the romance titles i have seen or read.
May 21, 12:44 PM
Mar 2023
Otakupervert890 said:

Agreed blonde gorilla characters hit different
May 21, 12:57 PM
Aug 2021
shes blonde. enough said
May 21, 1:05 PM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
Why i like her? Because she was the only actual enjoyable character to watch. The rest of the cast is either forgettable or just straight sucks. If it wasn’t for her the series would be at most a 3. She’s also the only character to go through any kind of development at all
May 21, 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
Shes hot and I have to put more characters or I cannot post this
May 21, 1:53 PM
Dec 2022
It was fun to watch her even though her going back and forth on her feelings about Raku was annoying. But what can I say? it's shōnen romcom after all.
May 21, 3:32 PM
Apr 2015
Chitoge can match you in a fight. Onodera is passive and cute. Tsubusa is busty and a little serious. Onoderas sister is meschevious. Tsubusa friend forgot her name is weird i suppose. I haven’t watched that in 5 years. I’m jealous of raku
May 21, 4:06 PM
Jan 2023
onodera always .............
May 21, 5:10 PM
Apr 2016
honestly for me it's a classic opposites attract and honestly all the other were not compatible and Onedora did not challenge him like Chitoge does. also once they discovered their past the memories came back of their connection

it's makes sense to me
May 21, 5:36 PM

Aug 2018
She's blonde, and she's cute just the way she is.
May 21, 10:13 PM

Oct 2023
She not boring like the other one
May 22, 4:35 AM
Jun 2021
my reason why i like chitoge :

- long hair
- blonde
- ½america + ½japanese
- main heroine
- tsundere

i like kosaki onodera too, but it must be like this :

1) Chitoge
2) Tsugumi
3) Marika
4) Onodera
May 22, 2:44 PM

Oct 2021
I love all tsundere girls. That's the only explanation.
yes.
May 22, 6:56 PM

Feb 2016
I like Chitoge because I like everyone in Nisekoi. One thing I find relatable about Chitoge specifically is her experience growing up half American, as I too am half American.
その目だれの目?
May 22, 7:35 PM

May 2021
Shes blonde, and shes just fucking hot and cute and attractive with her personality. Not a very convincing reason but thats really just how I feel.
May 23, 3:05 AM
Mar 2023
he should chose yui afterall why not she deservs him?
May 27, 4:19 PM
Jul 2015
*Spoilers*

I honestly didn't really care who Raku who end up with, I simply wanted him to end up with someone since I can't stand these harem anime that make them marry everyone or have one person marry the mc but they all still have a "right" to the Mc.

To ACTUALLY answer your question:
Chitoge wasn't the typical tsundere that consistently hurt Raku, not to mention finding more about how selfless and kind she was as a child warmed my heart. She finds out the truth and is honest with her actions. Even though it hurts her, she puts her feelings aside and puts her friends first, even with her parents as well.

She isn't afraid to be herself even if she's self-conscious about the one she loves, and she is overall funny, caring, generous, and thoughtful.
May 27, 4:22 PM

Sep 2018
Blond hair and blue eye combo is pretty peak genetics. I also tend to like tsunderes so that was a given.

More topics from this board

» The reasoning the author gives for choosing... is meh [SPOILERS] ( 1 2 )

diu613 - Jul 20, 2016

99 by Kira_Illusionist »»
May 21, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 206 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

79 by gohanoo »»
Apr 8, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 229 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

298 by luix66 »»
Feb 13, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 68 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 28, 2013

27 by GGA_ »»
Jan 14, 8:56 PM

» Where to start reading after the anime?

BadSenpai - Sep 26, 2023

6 by chunkybovi »»
Sep 27, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.