Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 21, 5:21 AM
Jul 2023
Episode 8 preview is about Hoshino and others going to an aquarium, which is a anime original event. Seems like the fandom at twitter spilt into 2, the gatekeeping side given up on faithful adaptation whilst the casual side mostly excited to see where’s the series going.

What your thought about this? is it a good or bad decision by Yostar?

https://youtu.be/fYaYe9_QXkc?si=p9GTxbobAKqYlJ_B
MainnusMay 21, 5:44 AM
May 21, 6:49 AM
Oct 2018
Technically speaking, the Aquarium thing is from Hoshino's relationship story
I think from a writing standpoint using the relationship stories(I assume at least) to show the relationship between sensei and the students is not bad but one would have to wait until the execution happens.
May 21, 8:06 AM

Jun 2014
Mainnus said:
What your thought about this? is it a good or bad decision by Yostar?

Hard to tell when the episode isn't even out?

If it give us either character development or characterization of either Sensei or the Abydos girl I don't see what is wrong with it except for messing up the pacing since there has been a lot of "slow" episode recently when the early episode are all bombastic with action anywhere.

This could either be a good addition, a completely inconsequential and boring episode or mess up even more the characterization of either Sensei or the Abydos girl.
May 21, 8:40 AM
Nov 2020
Tbh they are adapting the entire abydos Volume (that’s part 1 of BA’s story), which isn’t that long, so them adding this would probably even out the length of the season so that it finishes roughly the same.

Also the aquarium is a part of Hoshino’s bond story, so I don’t see why people are complaining.
May 22, 4:08 AM
Jun 2021
bad decision why? it takes away what made the relationship story a relationship story. if theyre gonna use Hoshinos bond story then use it properly not this... now it feels diluted and honestly spits on the original story
May 22, 4:10 AM
Jun 2021
DarkHomieC said:
Tbh they are adapting the entire abydos Volume (that’s part 1 of BA’s story), which isn’t that long, so them adding this would probably even out the length of the season so that it finishes roughly the same.

Also the aquarium is a part of Hoshino’s bond story, so I don’t see why people are complaining.

thats exactly the issue it takes what makes a relationship story special and throws it out the window

one on one interaction used for bonding with students individually instead its being diluted and crowded and feels insulting to the original point of the momotalks

and the anime is incredibly rushed already so they could have got rid of this episode and slowed down the pacing of the others

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

20 by amlg »»
3 hours ago

» Sensei, tell us who is your favorite student. ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 17

67 by Mendet15 »»
Yesterday, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

21 by 1nvader »»
Jun 9, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Xanek - May 19

30 by Kimberly112 »»
Jun 6, 7:00 AM

» Does this show have merch?

Phantom_373 - Jun 2

3 by Phantom_373 »»
Jun 3, 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.