Forum Settings
Forums

I'm in love with this album that was lost, until now

New
May 16, 7:38 AM

Apr 2023
Hey there everyone

I just wanted to share a story about an Album that I saw, liked it and has a curious story about it.

This Album is called
DᐳEᐳAᐳTᐳHᐳMᐳEᐳTᐳAᐳL
and it's by Panchiko

Let me tell you about the band that had a lost album for YEARS.

The story starts in 2016, when a 4Chan user found a disc for a mysterious band called
Panchiko
, not to be confused with Pachinko, which is a Japanese gambling. He found this in a local store in London, I supposed this band is from Nottingham. He uploaded the song, but the audio quality wasn't great (at the time I was posting this, the original channel was deleted, but uploaded by Dismiss Yourself.) After all the sudden, someone found Andy's Discord, I think Andy is the guitarrist of the band itself. HE FOUND THE ORIGINAL COPIES OF THE TRACK AND REMASTERED THEM. Now, after finding the original track, Dismiss Yourself decided to upload the full album on Youtube and 20 YEARS LATER, PANCHIKO HAD RETURNED AND MADE SOME TOURS.

I know that this story isn't accurate, you can find the story by Justin Whang here

You can also listen to the full album on Youtube

Well, first time using forums since I made a forum for a club and for an introduction.

I hope you guys enjoy this story
Peace.
djoveniscookedMay 16, 12:38 PM
Human strength lies in the ability to change yourself.
May 16, 10:25 AM

Aug 2017
Is that the one that uses a panel from Mint na Bokura as cover art?
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
May 16, 11:18 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to ryan77999
Is that the one that uses a panel from Mint na Bokura as cover art?
@ryan77999 Yes, that one
May 16, 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
It's a great album. Stumbled across it by complete accident while I was browsing Spotify a few years back.
Take care of yourself

May 16, 11:53 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to LoveLikeBlood
It's a great album. Stumbled across it by complete accident while I was browsing Spotify a few years back.
@LoveLikeBlood I discovered this album by accident, I listened to it and it was beautiful. I watched a video about it and I soon realized why it was rare in the first place. I wanna thank to Dismiss Yourself for uploading the first version of it which it was rot audio from a now deleted channel and then posting the remastered version. 20 years later and the band reunited again and started making tours
May 16, 12:27 PM

Jul 2016
It's a great album by a great band with also a really cool story, what more could you ask for. :p
May 16, 12:41 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Zedlin
It's a great album by a great band with also a really cool story, what more could you ask for. :p
@Zedlin Nothing, I could ask Panchiko if they tour more from Europe, because it would be interesting to see Panchiko touring from Bareclona, Glasgow, etc. It could be amazing
May 16, 12:47 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to djoveniscooked
@Zedlin Nothing, I could ask Panchiko if they tour more from Europe, because it would be interesting to see Panchiko touring from Bareclona, Glasgow, etc. It could be amazing
@weirdmusty7
Haven't thought about seeing them live. o.o Surprised they don't tour much in Europe since they're from the UK. Been meaning to listen to their new album Failed at Math(s) for a while now too, think I'll do that now heh.
May 16, 12:50 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Zedlin
@weirdmusty7
Haven't thought about seeing them live. o.o Surprised they don't tour much in Europe since they're from the UK. Been meaning to listen to their new album Failed at Math(s) for a while now too, think I'll do that now heh.
@Zedlin You can see their Instagram profile were Panchiko made tours, last song they released on Spotify, was a remix from Failed at Math(s). Apart of having the album
DᐳEᐳAᐳTᐳHᐳMᐳEᐳTᐳAᐳL
They also have more as I recently discovered their Discogs discography
May 16, 12:57 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to djoveniscooked
@Zedlin You can see their Instagram profile were Panchiko made tours, last song they released on Spotify, was a remix from Failed at Math(s). Apart of having the album
DᐳEᐳAᐳTᐳHᐳMᐳEᐳTᐳAᐳL
They also have more as I recently discovered their Discogs discography
@weirdmusty7
Yeah I've seen that too I was just talking about the last real release they've had is the album. What else do they discog wise?
May 16, 1:02 PM

Apr 2024
So, an unknown indie band was once unknown, then it was once discussed on 4chan, and short after it suddenly gained cult following and gave their first countrywide tour. Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds? It is borderline fucking miracle this story has actually happened.

As a person in love with some obscure and forgotten masterpieces (see my forum signature), it gives me hope my little favorites will someday grow up too. What can we do to ensure they will?
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

May 16, 1:03 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Zedlin
@weirdmusty7
Yeah I've seen that too I was just talking about the last real release they've had is the album. What else do they discog wise?
@Zedlin As I'm seeing right now, apart of having that thing that you've mentioned me, theres:
Live in Nottingham

Failed At Math(s) (they thing that you mentioned earlier)

DᐳEᐳAᐳTᐳHᐳMᐳEᐳTᐳAᐳL (the EP version)

Kicking Cars (the Single version)

R>O>B>O>T>S>R>E>P>R>I>S>E

Machine Gun Drum

Untitled Demo - 1997

D>E>A>T>H>M>E>T>A>L>S

The Death Of

Until I Know

Self Medicate (Remixes)

Portraits

Ferric Oxide

L>I>V>E>M>E>T>A>L

D>E>A>T>H>M>E>T>A>L

These are what I found on Discogs, there are a lot of them
May 16, 1:06 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to PostMahouShoujo
So, an unknown indie band was once unknown, then it was once discussed on 4chan, and short after it suddenly gained cult following and gave their first countrywide tour. Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds? It is borderline fucking miracle this story has actually happened.

As a person in love with some obscure and forgotten masterpieces (see my forum signature), it gives me hope my little favorites will someday grow up too. What can we do to ensure they will?
@PostMahouShoujo I discovered
D>E>A>T>H>M>E>T>A>L
by accident and I didn't know it was lost since the year 2000. As I'm seeing their Instagram page, they are touring around North America, they toured on Europe and North America before, but I wish Panchiko tour more on Europe, because my dream is to meet the band and telling them how much I appreciate them for their works

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7849 by dreamingneon »»
6 hours ago

» Opinions on Dracula by Bram Stoker

Absurdo_N - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Absurdo_N »»
10 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3523 by dreamingneon »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4847 by Kizuki01 »»
Yesterday, 1:14 PM

» last.fm

Eikonomachia - Mar 8

17 by Kizuki01 »»
Yesterday, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.