Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

You think this would be as Popular and Well received as the author's previous work, Assassination Classroom?

New
May 8, 12:20 PM

Jul 2021
I'm wondering cause I quite loved Ass Class and wondering from manga readers what you think?
May 8, 12:34 PM

Apr 2021
Not really sure, specially as I haven't read the source, but at the very least the production quality should attract some people.
May 8, 12:45 PM
Apr 2023
i think it will blow up as the first episode comes out considering it's clover works and i think it's just like wind breaker where there wasn't much as hype before it was released but I'm pretty sure it's going to be blow up just when it starts airing
May 8, 12:48 PM
Dec 2022
I don't know but I do know the anime is gonna be sick asf cause CloverWorks is the one animating it. So we can expect great things.
May 8, 2:20 PM

Apr 2021
Never heard about it, thanks for letting us know
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 8, 4:29 PM
Jan 2021
I don’t think so, it will gain some popularity for the beautiful animation for sure(and maybe the storyline but I haven’t read the manga to know) but it won’t reach assasination classroom level of success.
Also there is a cruel lack of promotion for this anime
May 8, 6:07 PM
Feb 2021
In Japan yeah, West no
May 8, 7:55 PM
Nov 2022
The manga has been amazing so fqr

I have not seen/read his previous works before (I have to get on assassination classroom one of these days) but the mix of comedy and not sure how to call it but the comedic/horror faces and the fact that it's historically based while still retaining fantasy elements through superhuman feats and some supernatural elements rounds it all up really well

Every now and then they have a small textbox on how someone was potrayed in the history textbooks but, my favorite is where one person is only really known as the son of A, father of C and both have been extensively written down in history so there was a running gag based on that

That said, I don't think it'll ever reach the same popularity as assassination classroom back in the day but that's fine too. Not every anime fan would be particularly interested in a historical-ish manga. There's a general disinterest in actual history compared to certain aspects of it like katana and samurai but yea
May 9, 12:05 AM
Jul 2021
Well, the show looked amazing in the trailers and the manga is good, but the series heavily relies on the history of Japan, which is way less accessible than AssClass, so I don't think it'll blow up as mich as AssClass. It will be good though.
May 9, 1:23 AM
Jun 2017
I just want this to get even a little bit of recognition. even cult status would do it for me -_-
May 19, 3:52 PM
Aug 2017
Manga reader here, I don't think it reaches the highs of assassination classroom and probably won't be as big as it.
That said, it's still pretty solid and could definitely be significantly elevated depending on the adaptation.
Biggest hurdle might be the setting, especially for the western anime fandom Japanese 14th century history and politics might not be easy to follow.

More topics from this board

» Summer 2024

_MushiRock11_ - Mar 23

2 by EtherLux »»
Mar 31, 7:20 AM

» Confirmed to air next year

Dbagas8 - Sep 9, 2023

1 by rinzuiro »»
Sep 9, 2023 9:21 PM

» Main cast revealed

Dbagas8 - Mar 24, 2023

2 by Lumoshi »»
Mar 26, 2023 1:10 AM

» PV and more info

ryzxgum - Mar 19, 2023

3 by Memore »»
Mar 19, 2023 9:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.