Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 8:49 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I thought this was a Street Fighter crossover movie lol.

Since Code White and the Street Fighter 6/Spy x Family collab commercial were added to the database around the same time last year I thought they were the same thing. So there I was sitting in the theater last night waiting for the Street Fighter characters to show up like an idiot. The longer the movie went on the more I thought, "Huh, how are they gonna integrate Street Fighter this far into the movie?" until around 2/3rds through I finally realized I must have been mistaken.

I've been telling my siblings for months that this was a crossover movie, man was I so wrong XD. I'm a tiny bit bummed, especially bc of how lack luster the Spy x Family stuff was in Street Fighter 6, but honestly I'm not that torn up about it; I mainly just think it's funny how I had a massive misconception about the premise of this movie for months.

It does help that I thoroughly enjoyed the film as well, we got some really great stuff in this one, perhaps best of all being Yor Tposing.

Apr 27, 9:59 AM
Jan 2021
This is a hilarious read, nice to see you enjoying your own mistake and letting us take part in one of your less brighter moments in life xD
Apr 27, 12:28 PM
Feb 2021
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

Since Code White and the Street Fighter 6/Spy x Family collab commercial were added to the database around the same time last year I thought they were the same thing. So there I was sitting in the theater last night waiting for the Street Fighter characters to show up like an idiot. The longer the movie went on the more I thought, "Huh, how are they gonna integrate Street Fighter this far into the movie?" until around 2/3rds through I finally realized I must have been mistaken.

I've been telling my siblings for months that this was a crossover movie, man was I so wrong XD. I'm a tiny bit bummed, especially bc of how lack luster the Spy x Family stuff was in Street Fighter 6, but honestly I'm not that torn up about it; I mainly just think it's funny how I had a massive misconception about the premise of this movie for months.

It does help that I thoroughly enjoyed the film as well, we got some really great stuff in this one, perhaps best of all being Yor Tposing.

They also did a collab with Mission Impossible lol
Apr 27, 8:21 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Firekraken9 said:
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

That's fantastic. Do you have a link to the artist?

Apr 27, 8:58 PM
Dec 2023
Off topic, but did anyone else notice the goodnight punpun refrence in the movie? For those who haven’t read punpun, at one point punpun’d friend draws the poop god and talks to it. The same thing happens in this movie. Am I delusional or nah?
Apr 27, 9:01 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
TommyTheWeeb139 said:
Off topic, but did anyone else notice the goodnight punpun refrence in the movie? For those who haven’t read punpun, at one point punpun’d friend draws the poop god and talks to it. The same thing happens in this movie. Am I delusional or nah?

OH noway I think you're right that's gotta be a punpun reference. I've read the manga, but that totally flew over my head lol. My mouth was open that entire scene just from how bizarre and out of pocket that whole sequence was, plus the animation being crazy for no reason.

Apr 27, 9:22 PM
Dec 2023
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:
TommyTheWeeb139 said:

OH noway I think you're right that's gotta be a punpun reference. I've read the manga, but that totally flew over my head lol. My mouth was open that entire scene just from how bizarre and out of pocket that whole sequence was, plus the animation being crazy for no reason.

Me too lol I thought it was crazy. I hadn’t read punpun when I watched in premiere and then 3 days later I bought the first volume and read it and was like “hey isn’t this guy in spy X family?”
Apr 27, 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to Rand_al-Thorfinn
Firekraken9 said:
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

@Rand_al-Thorfinn It's an official collab ,not fan art
They did a spy family x Disney Wish Collab too

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/spy-x-family-disney-wish/
Apr 27, 10:27 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
GudBoy said:

Oh nice, thanks for the source m8

Apr 27, 10:30 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
TommyTheWeeb139 said:
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

Me too lol I thought it was crazy. I hadn’t read punpun when I watched in premiere and then 3 days later I bought the first volume and read it and was like “hey isn’t this guy in spy X family?”

Man that timing is pretty funny. Also...buckle up for an emotional rollercoaster with punpun. It's amazing, but it's also kind of a mind f**k.

o7

Apr 27, 10:38 PM

Jan 2009
weird you never google for more info
Apr 27, 10:55 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
deg said:

Man, it's almost like I have a full-time job or something, and got mixed up by similar MAL Spy x Family database notifications like I already explained.

I also don't look too much into movies I know I'm gonna go watch in order to go in fresh and avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Weird you felt the need to comment that :).

Apr 28, 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
deg said:

Man, it's almost like I have a full-time job or something, and got mixed up by similar MAL Spy x Family database notifications like I already explained.

I also don't look too much into movies I know I'm gonna go watch in order to go in fresh and avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Weird you felt the need to comment that :).
@Rand_al-Thorfinn dude mal news alone can give you overview with no spoilers https://myanimelist.net/anime/53888/Spy_x_Family_Movie__Code__White/news

i googled the title for example and this is the first thing https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26684398/ just watching the trailer will give you the idea there that there is no street fighter shit
Apr 28, 9:33 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to removed-user

@GudBoy
I knew about the Mission Impossible one but not the Wish one.
Thank you for sharing, it’s super adorable!
Apr 28, 10:49 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
deg said:
@Rand_al-Thorfinn dude mal news alone can give you overview with no spoilers https://myanimelist.net/anime/53888/Spy_x_Family_Movie__Code__White/news

i googled the title for example and this is the first thing https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26684398/ just watching the trailer will give you the idea there that there is no street fighter shit

Yeah, I try not to watch trailers for movies I know I'm gonna go watch because I want as little spoilers as possible. I don't know what to tell you man but I definitely don't read MAL news. All I was doing was sharing a goofy experience I had that I thought was funny, I'm sorry it seems to have ruffled your feathers so much lmao.

Apr 28, 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
deg said:

Yeah, I try not to watch trailers for movies I know I'm gonna go watch because I want as little spoilers as possible. I don't know what to tell you man but I definitely don't read MAL news. All I was doing was sharing a goofy experience I had that I thought was funny, I'm sorry it seems to have ruffled your feathers so much lmao.
@Rand_al-Thorfinn i did not find it funny i just find it weird and you acted arrogant on my comment and that made me a little angry considering you said it yourself you feel dumb but acted as though youre high and mighty about it or too defensive
Apr 28, 11:03 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
deg said:
@Rand_al-Thorfinn i did not find it funny i just find it weird and you acted arrogant on my comment and that made me a little angry considering you said it yourself you feel dumb but acted as though youre high and mighty about it or too defensive

.............Huh??? What is lil bro on about.

Yeah I know you didn't find it funny and got angry instead for no reason. I was simply sharing a mistake I made and was laughing at myself. In no way was I trying to come off high and mighty I have no clue what you're talking about. The fact that you got mad that someone else was a little less chronically online than yourself and goofed up really says something about your mental state I think. I'm sure you're an absolute joy to be around, but alas, I fear I am glad I do not suffer the fate of having to endure your presence.

I hope you have a good day man, I'm gonna cease with this pointless back and forth conversation now.

Apr 28, 11:05 AM

Jan 2009
deg said:

.............Huh??? What is lil bro on about.

Yeah I know you didn't find it funny and got angry instead for no reason. I was simply sharing a mistake I made and was laughing at myself. In no way was I trying to come off high and mighty I have no clue what you're talking about. The fact that you got mad that someone else was a little less chronically online than yourself and goofed up really says something about your mental state I think. I'm sure you're an absolute joy to be around, but alas, I fear I am glad I do not suffer the fate of having to endure your presence.

I hope you have a good day man, I'm gonna cease with this pointless back and forth conversation now.
@Rand_al-Thorfinn youre the one that got too defensive first

i said i did not get angry at first i just find it weird

anyway ye better stop this
Apr 28, 4:58 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Firekraken9
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

@Firekraken9 LOL! Didn't expect Spy x Family would be doing so many collabs with other movies! 😂 Loid looks serious in that movie collab.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Apr 28, 6:11 PM
Feb 2021
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:
Firekraken9 said:

I do not. I'm pretty sure it's an official piece of art since it was an official collaboration.
Apr 29, 3:12 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Firekraken9 said:
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

I do not. I'm pretty sure it's an official piece of art since it was an official collaboration.

Sweet, thanks for sharing that's a fun piece.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Movie: Code: White Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Jan 7

100 by ineser »»
Sep 18, 6:59 AM

» Anya and shin-chan

Saijantikki - Sep 7

13 by PizzaGOD_74 »»
Sep 10, 2:18 PM

» Can’t find it on crunchyroll

Raionshin19 - Sep 6

4 by -DxP- »»
Sep 7, 1:12 AM

» Being added to Crunchyroll today

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Sep 5

1 by deg »»
Sep 6, 9:17 AM

» SPY×FAMILY CODE: White Blu-ray/DVD sold 18,244 copies in its first week

deg - Aug 7

3 by APolygons2 »»
Sep 3, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.