Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 18, 9:14 AM

Sep 2020
As the title suggest. What's your favourite episode let's us know.
Apr 18, 9:45 AM

Sep 2008
As of now, I can't decide between "Cinderella" and "Hansel & Gretel" - I'll vote later

The rest of my ranking:

3rd: "The Elves and the Shoemaker"
4th: "Pied Piper of Hamelin"
5th: "The Town Musicians of Bremen"
6th: "Little Red Riding Hood"
LAboy456Apr 19, 1:40 PM
Apr 18, 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
Great ❤
Episode 1: Cinderella
Episode 6: Pied Piper of Hamelin
Episode 4: The Elves and the Shoemaker

Okay
Episode 2 : Little Red Riding Hood

Meh...
Episode 5: The Town Musicians of Bremen
Episode 3: Hansel and Gretel

Apr 18, 9:25 PM
Sep 2018
so far so

Cinderella - 2\10

Little Red Riding Hood - 5\10

Hansel & Gretel - 7\10

The Elves and the Shoemaker - 8\10

I'll look at the other 2 tomorrow.
Apr 19, 5:00 AM

Dec 2014
as for me, i love the straightforwardness of ep 5 and some of my fav classical piece was there too!

sooo it would be :

Cinderella 8/10
Little Red Riding Hood 6/10
Hansel and Gretel 7.5/10
The Elves and the Shoemaker 8/10
The Town Musicians of Bremen 9/10
Pied Piper of Hamelin 4/10
Apr 19, 12:34 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to GunGraveGlaive
so far so

Cinderella - 2\10

Little Red Riding Hood - 5\10

Hansel & Gretel - 7\10

The Elves and the Shoemaker - 8\10

I'll look at the other 2 tomorrow.
@GunGraveGlaive

The Town Musicians of Bremen - 5\10

Pied Piper of Hamelin - 6\10

Overall 6\10. The Elves and the Shoemaker - the best.
Apr 19, 6:44 PM

Oct 2019
I would say:

1 - 8/10
2 - 7/10
3 - 5.5/10
4 - 8/10
5 - 7.5/10
6 - 6.5/10

1. was twisted and terrifying in all the right ways

2. had a REALLY strong opening, but the whole "hunter becomes the hunted" twist was not nearly worth the build up. It didn't even match the impact of the start, let alone surpass it.

3. felt like we have the promised neverland at home, which I was fine with, but the sci-fi twist was extremely cliche, and I don't buy the sister thing, it felt like such a stupidly forced twist. In the shots of showing she was fake all along, there is even a scene where she helps the brother put his jacket on. which makes me wonder, what would that look like if we removed her? was the jacket just magically floating?

Yeah, I am the biggest mystery and sci-fi fan out there, and I can tell you 3 was not good at either. Maybe if I hadn't seen The promised neverland I would give more points for originality, but...I have seen it so.... yeah.

4. was straight out of the nightmare of anyone who has ever tried to be creative. Seeing a work you have made, that sems like it was made by you, but having no recollection of making it, and not even understanding why everyone considers it great, that shit is terrifying. And the main character by far made for the most interesting character study out of all the characters.

5. This one was simple, but did everything it wanted to do well. Though I will say that out of all of these, I think this one would benefit the most from being a full show. The episode felt like "1 episode from a bigger show" unlike all the other ones that felt like a complete story.

6. The ending was weird in a bad way, but aside from that it was pretty solid. that one running animation was absolutely stunning, and probably the most good looking scene of the entire anime.

Overall, I really liked it. I hope they make more.

Some of the stories were better than others, but I enjoyed the vibe of it.

APolygons2Apr 19, 11:11 PM
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 24, 1:30 PM

Sep 2018
For now

Cinderella - 7/10
Little Red Riding Hood - 5/10
Hansel & Gretel - 7.5/10
The Elves and The Shoemaker - 7/10
The Town Musicians of Bremen - 8.5/10
Wolfie219Apr 26, 10:21 AM
Apr 24, 4:59 PM

May 2022
for now

cinderella- 9/10

i went into this thinking that it'll be like a modernized classic stories from seeing the trailer, but the twist went so hard its now engraved in my memories
this ep really set a high bar of my expectations for the twists

red riding hood- 6.5/10

honestly, this ep really would benefit from having a longer runtime (like 10-15 minutes more)

hansel & gretel- 7.5/10

(never seen promised neverland so)
the twist was alright
my english is not englishing, i dont know what words to describe the episode lmao

idk if i'll remember to update this after finishing the last half
Apr 27, 12:38 AM
Sep 2013
My ranking:
1. Hansel and Gretel
2. Musicians of Bremen
3. Cinderella
4. Elves and the Shoemaker
5. Pied Piper
6. Red Riding Hood
Apr 27, 1:04 AM

Aug 2020
My rankings:

The Elves and the Shoemaker
Hansel and Gretel
The Town Musicians of Breman
Cinderella
Pied Piper of Hamelin
Little Red Riding Hood
"Bro, if you set your mind to it. You can jack off to anything."
☆☆☆☆☆
Apr 27, 4:32 AM
Aug 2015
It's Cinderella for me.
She played the "what if they are actually bad people?" role perfectly.
May 2, 12:23 AM
Summer FAL Diva

Sep 2018
1. Cinderella - This episode was far and away my favorite. The characters and the story were top-notch and had me engaged from beginning to end.
2. Pied Piper of Hamelin - Started out a little slow, but I absolutely loved the ending. It was very "The Giver"-esque, and I admit I have a soft spot for that kind of story. The art and sound direction for this episode were wonderful; I could really feel Maria's wonder as she discovered the outside world.
3. The Town Musicians of Bremen - Standard Western plot, but the 3 female leads and their chemistry really shined. I would have watched a full film based on them.
4. The Elves and the Shoemaker - Devastating plot that all creatives can probably relate to. Still torn about the ending, but I think that's intentional.
5. Little Red Riding Hood - Not a bad twist, but one that I saw coming. I was confused by the worldbuilding at times, and I think that detracted from the suspense I was supposed to be feeling.
6. Hansel and Gretel - The first twist (the one about the orphanage, not the one about Gretel) had me disappointed. It wasn't anywhere near as exciting or Twilight Zone-y as I had built up in my head after Cinderella and Little Red. Which was too bad, because most of the episode a deliciously ominous tone and I did like the witch character. It just felt like two different stories with different moods were crammed together and both suffered as a result.
May 10, 2:58 AM

May 2015
Hansel and Gretel was my favorite just because it had a happy twist, and gave me a lot of nostalgia for other sci-fi facility animes like heavenly delusion or promised neverland. After that I'd say The Towns Musicians of Bremen was a close second because all the characters had good chemistry and the action was cool. The rest are on the same level to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 5 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

21 by KursedArcana »»
Jun 2, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 1 Discussion

RealNath - Apr 17

35 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
Jun 2, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 2 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

29 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 1, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 4 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

42 by Inexplicable »»
May 29, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 3 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

30 by modboy »»
May 26, 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.