Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 25, 11:22 PM
Apr 2017
Two of my irl friends began binging it over this weekend and while they say it's great, they also say it is slow at times for the sake of it. I thought that's literally the point.

That got me thinking, much like the show has no real objective, does binging it as an objective just to put it as a stat ruin the experience? As Gigguk put it, Frieren is filler-ish since the main obstacle is resolved; that's what it's meant to be and does so perfectly.

I rewatch-binged so it didn't matter to me but I wonder if when recommending people to watch Frieren it should be advised to consume it slowly.
Mar 25, 11:35 PM
Oct 2023
tokomata said:
Two of my irl friends began binging it over this weekend and while they say it's great, they also say it is slow at times for the sake of it. I thought that's literally the point.

That got me thinking, much like the show has no real objective, does binging it as an objective just to put it as a stat ruin the experience? As Gigguk put it, Frieren is filler-ish since the main obstacle is resolved; that's what it's meant to be and does so perfectly.

I rewatch-binged so it didn't matter to me but I wonder if when recommending people to watch Frieren it should be advised to consume it slowly.

when I started watching frieren, 11 episodes were already out and I asked my friend if it was good.
He told me its really good but not for binging, he recommended me to watch 1-2 episodes per day and that's how I watched it and never really got bored. also sorry for my grammar.... ik it's terrible 😅
Mar 25, 11:39 PM
Jul 2021
I didn’t binge it that fast but I watched the first four episodes when it first came out out. Then stopped because I wasn’t hooked. Then I continued because of its popularity binging the rest of the series in 3 days a week and a half ago then watched the last episode a couple days ago. Through my experience after i watched the 5th so I was hooked and I love the season. I still think it’s rating is far too high (8.8 for me) so I don’t think the problem was with them binging it most likely it came from preferences.
Mar 25, 11:43 PM
Oct 2019
I am about to start binging it Thursday when I will have finished my 4 current shows and I think I will follow @the_white_hawk method and only watch 2 episode per day. It's right that if it's slow paced it definitely help I did that with Monster and I definitely don't regret it.
Mar 25, 11:43 PM
Aug 2020
Honestly, I tried to pace myself watching this, but it’s just so damn good I couldn’t help myself.

I feel like it comes down to preference. I finished the entire thing in three days and absolutely loved every second of it. I wouldn’t say it ruined the experience in the slightest.
Mar 25, 11:45 PM
Apr 2011
I think binging does waste the experience somewhat. The format of the series is about provoking some thoughts, evoking some emotions, delivering some pleasing sensations with the scenery and fleetingness of travel and a punch line or two

Think of it as relaxation in life. You dont binge relaxation, normally, do you? Not unless you are in a poor mental state, in which case the series probably helps.

So binge watching doesnt quite make sense. On the flip side, it’s always a treat when you do go back to the series when you feel for a series like Frieren
Mar 25, 11:49 PM
Feb 2019
This is actually a good food for thought, ngl lmao. I didn't really think of it this way, that the show would likely feel boring if binged all at once. Although I would very much blame the recent trend of social media which has been pushing for shorts on TikTok, YouTube and so on that really messed with our attention spans, and also likely tempered with our enjoyment of consuming other forms of media.

I recently rewatch-binged Kill La Kill (5 to 6 episodes per session) - given how zany the show is, I've been hooked throughout the whole series and kept hitting the next button to watch the next episode. I'm not sure if Frieren would induce the same effect. In all honesty, 1–2 episodes per session seems more like a healthier approach to watching this show - rushing it would take the enjoyment out of it. Spending more time than that wouldn't really be ideal, in my opinion, and this goes for all shows.
BaseLionMar 25, 11:53 PM
Mar 26, 12:05 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to Argyll
I think binging does waste the experience somewhat. The format of the series is about provoking some thoughts, evoking some emotions, delivering some pleasing sensations with the scenery and fleetingness of travel and a punch line or two

Think of it as relaxation in life. You dont binge relaxation, normally, do you? Not unless you are in a poor mental state, in which case the series probably helps.

So binge watching doesnt quite make sense. On the flip side, it’s always a treat when you do go back to the series when you feel for a series like Frieren
@Argyll Exactly what I was thinking when I made the post. Like watch an episode, imbibe the poignance, emotions and all, introspect for some time before moving to the next episode. Most initial episodes are standalone so there shouldn't be much urgency.
Mar 26, 12:16 AM
Oct 2023
Watching it weekly or binging it won’t change the fact that i’s slow paced. But so what? I just binged it from ep1 all the way to 28 a few days ago and enjoyed it. I don’t mind slower paced shows.
Mar 26, 12:52 AM
Dec 2022
tokomata said:

To each their own I guess…I binged it over 4 days and felt the emotional impact of all these episodes to be so much more!

I feel the best part of this are the slow stops in between, it’s where the characters shine and their little interactions(especially any scene with Himmel) brings such emotion!

If you don’t really feel the urge to see more of them after each episode, this slow paced show(as many would call) may not be for you, especially for binging.

Honestly this show has been in my mind since I finished it, feels like this poignant show will still hold a special place in my heart years from now.

I just hope whenever the 2nd season happens it’s made by the same people from madhouse
Mar 26, 1:19 AM

Sep 2016
Do you think first time binging this ruins the experience?

Depends on the individual, if they get drawn into the show then binging can enhance the experience, but if they quickly get bored then it's better to consume it slowly.
For the latter I would say 1 episode per day is enough, they will be done within a month.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 26, 1:28 AM
Sep 2021
in either case the series is super boring lol
Mar 26, 9:17 AM
Jul 2022
Binging and watching the show just to finish it are two separate things in the first place. One is how fast you watch and the other is your purpose for watching. Binging vs. weekly can have different results but it depends on the person whether it makes a positive or negative difference if at all.
Mar 26, 12:19 PM
Nov 2020
i just watched the 28 eps back to back and that was really good
Mar 26, 12:52 PM

Nov 2020
Honestly, I think that when I do a rewatch I will watch as many episodes as possible at once, when the first 4 episodes were available, I devoured them one by one and wanted more
Mar 26, 12:55 PM

Apr 2022
No, watch it however suits you
Mar 26, 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
I would say that Frieren stretches into iyashikei, not merely slice of life. For some, it may be difficult to binge episodes that are at a slower pace. I would say this is much less relevant once the "exam arc" begins, however. I can binge stuff like Aria or Mushishi, so this is a non-issue for me.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 12:43 PM

Mar 2024
I absolutely think it would spoil it. You'd burn six episodes in a night easily and have no time to think about either. The "episodes where nothing happen," well, you'd just think nothing happened.

(There were a couple episodes, though, where almost nothing happened.)
Apr 5, 2:48 PM

Jul 2020
Depends on the person.
NEW GOD

Apr 5, 3:59 PM
Feb 2020
Frankly I prefer binging myself any anime & recommend others to do so as well. This holds true for this show as well.

Sure its length & pace makes it a 2 binge but still its better than slowly consuming it over a week or two.
Apr 5, 4:06 PM

May 2020
Preferable to watch 1-2 episodes daily or weekly if you want a greater experience...

Especially for watchers who are not used to its genre,

SOL-Iyashikei like with action & emotional bits left & right...

Still binge-able for non casuals who are used to its genre & fans of the manga...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Apr 5, 4:09 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I binged half of the entire Frieren season and enjoyed it so much, it doesn't ruin the watching experience at all, dear OP~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥

More topics from this board

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

16 by Pissdrinker21 »»
1 minute ago

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.