Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 3:50 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
@DEMSpirit Thanks for reminding me ordinal scale is anime original. So sao hasn't even adapted as many volumes as re zero then. Anyways, you feel like an AI or something. You keep repeating the same shit over and over. What does Gundam have to do with anything? My "excuse for scarlet bond doing so poorly" is just me saying that people go to the movies less often now, so it's harder to compare movie sales between the tensura movie and ordinal scale. I'm not saying that movies don't make money anymore, because look at Suzume, the new Ghibli movie, the new Slam Dunk movie. They are making many times as much as the sao and tensura movies are, for example. And again, the second progressive movie had an even lower box office than tensura, so I don't see why you keep acting like sao is the god of profit. And again, Gundam is extremely popular, it doesn't surprise me that it outperformed sao and tensura.
I'm aware that pirating isn't as much a factor in japan. But it is in the west. Which, as I said earlier, is admittedly a small portion of movie box office for anime. But waiting for digital release applies everywhere. You saying I'm fishing for excuses because I'm biased is comical. Please look in the mirror. I don't even particularly like tensura. And who are you to call me a "newer fan"? How would you know? If anything, you strike me as the new anime fan. Your (almost certainly incomplete) list consists almost entirely of new shows. And god, your ratings are comical. FMAB a 1, Vinland saga s2 a 4, but Isekai Cheat Skill a 9. I probably should've looked at that before I started arguing with you. I would've known not to start.
I'm not acting like white fox is the only studio with difficulties. I'm acting like white fox is in a far worse situation than A-1, which is pumping out many high quality new shows each year, and J.C. Staff, which although isn't doing as well right now as it used to, still has far more employees than white fox, and still puts out a lot of content each year. They fell off a bit when they took on too many projects, but are still doing far better than white fox following re zero s2. And no, Re zero is not the only fandom that complains about their studio. Unbelievably incorrect. The vast majority of re zero fans praise white fox to high hell for what they did with re zero season 2. Despite production issues, and covid, they pumped out consistent extra-length episodes, omitting openings and endings, to ensure it got a faithful adaptation. Nobody complains about white fox. We just acknowledge that they were in a tough spot, which is why season 3 might take longer than it ideally would. And even then, they've confirmed a season 3, and trusted leakers are saying it's likely 3 cours. At this point, I can't fathom the idea that you're not trolling. If you seriously believe that statement you made, then jesus.
@mohamedo_abuduru Suzume is a Makoto Shinkai movie. Obviously it will rake in box office. But he had a sales record beforehand so it is not much of a surprise that it did well. Same thing with Ghibli, and Slam Dunk. Just like you won't suddenly have thrice upon a time flop if rebuild was making more and more money as they went

The second progressive movie had fewer screenings than Tensura. It also was the third movie in. Tensura simply couldn't win audiences.

And no Re Zero is a not the long running anime that had the most troublesome development lifecycle. DAL had to switch studios for every season until season 4 and they managed to be a success (and 2 studios went bankrupt). There are also ton of new studios like bug films that had to delay zom 100 almost indefinitely. Bibury was founded like in 2017 and managed to make a 20 million dollar movie.

White fox already did steins gate before. They are hardly a complete unknown that had to make a name in the industry
DEMSpiritFeb 27, 3:55 PM
Feb 27, 3:53 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru gundam seed freedom became the highest grossing gundam film despite not having an installment for 20 years. There goes ur excuse for scarlet bond doing so poorly.

Ordinal scale was anime original.

Pirating is a bs excuse since you will go to jail for it in japan vs in the us. Ur just fishing for excuses because newer fans are biased towards tensura since it was a new hit series.

Stop acting like white fox is the only studio with difficulties. Re zero is like the only fandom that complains about their studio. Aot fans don't even complain as much as re zero when mappa had to make an almost impossible deadline.
@DEMSpirit You also forgot a very important fact.

The Re:Zero fanbase consists mostly of adults and wealthy individuals. For example, the renowned VR creator and $ billionaire, Palmer Luckey, explicitly stated where to send money for a Rem IF adaptation.
(https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/867882483638980609)

The Re:Zero fanbase differs from that of Tensura and similar series. Tensura fans typically have an average age of 12-16, whereas Re:Zero fans range from 17 to 30. Re:Zero is a seinen series with adult appeal; it doesn't resonate with children. Re:Zero fans also tend to have significant disposable income.

Also my previous message you didn't reply:

DEMSpirit said:
@Okeanix you clearly have never heard of the sao or toaru series if you think re zero is the ONLY series to have adapted as many novels. Sao is handled by aniplex. Toaru stopped at new testament.

All the easy covid money is gone. Where is tappei going to get all the money for 100+ more episodes. All the re zero games have shutdown. Light novel sales collapsed. The next one will be a flop. The figure market is in free fall with most binning. Streaming killed the disc market and even streaming is struggling to be profitable.

@DEMSpirit Kadokawa produces 20-30 shitty isekai anime every year with no profit, meanwhile, Re:Zero makes more money than all 30 of those isekai anime combined.

I don't think you truly understand how significant Re:Zero is for KADOKAWA. It's one of the most profitable anime IPs, definitely in the Top 10 or Top 5. The hype for Re:Zero only subsides until the next season, which reignites the hype in a never-ending cycle. Not to mention, with Season 3, they can create tons of additional content.

For example, movie adaptations of side stories or "what-if" scenarios where everyone would buy tickets (don't compare them to other series' movies that flop; they're not as interesting as Re:Zero. I can easily find 50k people on the internet alone who would pay for IF Routes movies). It doesn't even need to be a high budget; it would be enjoyable no matter what because it's Re:Zero's story, world, characters, and interactions. It's top-tier.

In series like Demon Slayer, you have to invest a lot of effort into animation and budget because the series depends solely on that. In Re:Zero, you don't even need good animation.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Feb 27, 4:54 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit You also forgot a very important fact.

The Re:Zero fanbase consists mostly of adults and wealthy individuals. For example, the renowned VR creator and $ billionaire, Palmer Luckey, explicitly stated where to send money for a Rem IF adaptation.
(https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/867882483638980609)

The Re:Zero fanbase differs from that of Tensura and similar series. Tensura fans typically have an average age of 12-16, whereas Re:Zero fans range from 17 to 30. Re:Zero is a seinen series with adult appeal; it doesn't resonate with children. Re:Zero fans also tend to have significant disposable income.

Also my previous message you didn't reply:

DEMSpirit said:
@Okeanix you clearly have never heard of the sao or toaru series if you think re zero is the ONLY series to have adapted as many novels. Sao is handled by aniplex. Toaru stopped at new testament.

All the easy covid money is gone. Where is tappei going to get all the money for 100+ more episodes. All the re zero games have shutdown. Light novel sales collapsed. The next one will be a flop. The figure market is in free fall with most binning. Streaming killed the disc market and even streaming is struggling to be profitable.

@DEMSpirit Kadokawa produces 20-30 shitty isekai anime every year with no profit, meanwhile, Re:Zero makes more money than all 30 of those isekai anime combined.

I don't think you truly understand how significant Re:Zero is for KADOKAWA. It's one of the most profitable anime IPs, definitely in the Top 10 or Top 5. The hype for Re:Zero only subsides until the next season, which reignites the hype in a never-ending cycle. Not to mention, with Season 3, they can create tons of additional content.

For example, movie adaptations of side stories or "what-if" scenarios where everyone would buy tickets (don't compare them to other series' movies that flop; they're not as interesting as Re:Zero. I can easily find 50k people on the internet alone who would pay for IF Routes movies). It doesn't even need to be a high budget; it would be enjoyable no matter what because it's Re:Zero's story, world, characters, and interactions. It's top-tier.

In series like Demon Slayer, you have to invest a lot of effort into animation and budget because the series depends solely on that. In Re:Zero, you don't even need good animation.
@Okeanix Those 20-30 shitty isekai have a non-existent marketing budget. They are often just used as a new seiyuu's voice acting role since they cannot get the desired roles for bigger shows. OR to just have a show for a magazine. So they are therefore funded by some talent agency, magazine, and pretty much set up to fail.
Look at management of a novice alchemist. Kadokawa sure as hell not blowing their budget marketing that show vs Konosuba. Nanaka Suwa's talent agency likely couldn't find an anime to star a love live sunshine voice actress so they funded that anime instead and gave her a role

Also 2 big 2 fail ip doesn't apply for Kadokawa. Kadokawa thought that was the case for Konosuba. So they greenlit the Megumin Spinoff which became the biggest flop of all time. It only sold 700 blu rays in their first week vs the 10k konosuba s1 and 2 had. You have to be dragon ball, one piece, pokemon levels to be considered a 2 big 2 fail ip. Tensura Scarlet Bond has shown us a big hyped isekai doesn't guarantee a blockbuster nor does it guarantee positive critic reviews.

Tensura isn't a light-hearted series. Lots of gore in that as well.
Feb 27, 9:44 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
WHERE IS REM😭 GIVE ME REM😤
@baryaakov555 Who is Rem?
Feb 27, 11:07 PM
Dec 2015

Hahahaha, wait actually tho who is that-
Feb 28, 11:40 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Suka-7777-Suka
@baryaakov555 Who is Rem?
@Suka-7777-Suka absent from waifu polls? Guess she isn't popular enough to carry the franchise. Oh wait
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Sep 22, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.