Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 27, 1:04 AM
Aug 2021
And latest information will coming at Anime Japan 2024 on March 24
New Visual Post
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 1:11 AM
Feb 2021
IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Feb 27, 1:19 AM

Feb 2022
we are so back man,peak is almost here
Feb 27, 1:24 AM

Jun 2021
I'm ready, praying for 39 episodes
Peak is coming
Feb 27, 1:49 AM
May 2023
lets gooo,i have been waiting for this a long time,i hope the season is fucking amazing
Feb 27, 2:01 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
Peak is coming
@mohamedo_abuduru you can only get a consecutive 4 cours if ur sao levels of popularity. I think they will do 2 cours to cover arc 5 and 6 then leave the series on a high note.

Writing quality tanks at arc 7 because tappei doesn't know how to end the story.
Feb 27, 2:25 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru you can only get a consecutive 4 cours if ur sao levels of popularity. I think they will do 2 cours to cover arc 5 and 6 then leave the series on a high note.

Writing quality tanks at arc 7 because tappei doesn't know how to end the story.
@DEMSpirit There is so much wrong with this comment. 39 episodes is 3 cours, not four, and I never said anything about consecutive. Sao isn't that popular anymore compared to other series like JJK and Demon Slayer. Sao never got four consecutive cours. 2 cours isn't enough for arcs 5 and 6 to be adapted fully. Arc 7 isn't even close to the end of the story. I don't see how the writing quality tanked, although I'm not caught up. Tappei definitely knows how to end the story. He already has an ending in mind and has the whole rest of the series vaguely planned out as far as I know.
Feb 27, 2:34 AM
Jul 2023
yooo its coming out earlier than i expected! too bad that i will be on a trip tho :/
Feb 27, 3:24 AM
Apr 2022
@DEMSpirit There is so much wrong with this comment. 39 episodes is 3 cours, not four, and I never said anything about consecutive. Sao isn't that popular anymore compared to other series like JJK and Demon Slayer. Sao never got four consecutive cours. 2 cours isn't enough for arcs 5 and 6 to be adapted fully. Arc 7 isn't even close to the end of the story. I don't see how the writing quality tanked, although I'm not caught up. Tappei definitely knows how to end the story. He already has an ending in mind and has the whole rest of the series vaguely planned out as far as I know.
@mohamedo_abuduru the alicization 4 cours came out within like 2 years within another. It had the ggo cours right before. Tappei said it himself re zero needs 200 episodes to fully adapt the story. Re zero is nowhere near that profitable to go on that long. It will need blockbuster movies, many high end video games, insane circulation.
Feb 27, 3:35 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru the alicization 4 cours came out within like 2 years within another. It had the ggo cours right before. Tappei said it himself re zero needs 200 episodes to fully adapt the story. Re zero is nowhere near that profitable to go on that long. It will need blockbuster movies, many high end video games, insane circulation.
@DEMSpirit If they want FREE money, they should start making IF Routes as Movie Adaptation.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Feb 27, 3:35 AM

Apr 2022
DEMSpirit said:

Re:Zero is still very profitable, if not they wouldn't pump out all those Rem (and Ram + Emilia) figures.

Also something like Monogatari definitely wasn't as popular and still got a full adaptation and a new spin-off has just been announced
Feb 27, 4:29 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to PyGno_
DEMSpirit said:

Re:Zero is still very profitable, if not they wouldn't pump out all those Rem (and Ram + Emilia) figures.

Also something like Monogatari definitely wasn't as popular and still got a full adaptation and a new spin-off has just been announced
@PyGno_ there has been no new rem figure announcements at wonfes. They even had to put rem in a swimsuit. Also monogatari aired when streaming didn't kill bd sales and tiktok didn't reduce attention spans.
Feb 27, 4:30 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit If they want FREE money, they should start making IF Routes as Movie Adaptation.
@Okeanix movies are not that profitable. Not sure how it worked for konosuba. But tensura underperformed if not flopped. Re zero would need ordinal scale money for their first movie.
Feb 27, 5:16 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@DEMSpirit
DEMSpirit said:
the alicization 4 cours came out within like 2 years within another.
Okay? So they weren't consecutive. Which is exactly what I said.
DEMSpirit said:
It had the ggo cours right before
Yes... By a different studio, adapting source by a completely different author. And it wasn't particularly well received as far as I know.
DEMSpirit said:
re zero needs 200 episodes to fully adapt the story. Re zero is nowhere near that profitable to go on that long.
Rem bikini figures could singlehandedly fund those 200 episodes.
I feel like you underestimate Re zero's popularity. It's obviously not on the same tier as jjk or demon slayer, but it's still up there. And unless I have severe misconceptions about the current state of anime, it's more popular than sword art online right now.
Feb 27, 5:26 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix movies are not that profitable. Not sure how it worked for konosuba. But tensura underperformed if not flopped. Re zero would need ordinal scale money for their first movie.
@DEMSpirit If movies aren't that profitable, why are more and more studios doing them now? I find it funny you say tensura flipped, considering it made more in box office than the recent Sao progressive movie did.
Feb 27, 5:31 AM
Apr 2022
@DEMSpirit If movies aren't that profitable, why are more and more studios doing them now? I find it funny you say tensura flipped, considering it made more in box office than the recent Sao progressive movie did.
@mohamedo_abuduru scarlet bond had lower box office than progressive 1 but far more screenings. Progressive 2 had low amount of screenings but packed theatres. Quints beat scarlet bond despite fewer screenings. Gundam hathaway which wasn't even released in the west beated scarlet bond.

Scarlet bond massively underperformed. It had to make big at the box office.
Feb 27, 5:48 AM
Dec 2022
PEAK!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING, MAN. LET'S GOOOOOOOO!
Feb 27, 5:50 AM
Dec 2015
WHERE IS REM😭 GIVE ME REM😤
Feb 27, 5:51 AM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Hell yeah
If this drops next season it’s gonna be isekai heaven
Feb 27, 6:19 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru scarlet bond had lower box office than progressive 1 but far more screenings. Progressive 2 had low amount of screenings but packed theatres. Quints beat scarlet bond despite fewer screenings. Gundam hathaway which wasn't even released in the west beated scarlet bond.

Scarlet bond massively underperformed. It had to make big at the box office.
@DEMSpirit I don't understand what you're trying to say. The fact is, tensura had a higher box office than progressive 2, and almost as much as 1. If tensura "massively underperformed" as you say, then what does that say about the Sao movies? I don't know shit about how expensive more movie screenings are compared to less, but I wouldn't think it would have an overly significant effect on profit. And no shit gundam beat tensura, it's gundam. Outside of big names like JJK 0, Mugen Train, and Makoto Shinkai movies, Western theatres are only a fraction of anime movie's box office, so that's not really a major point. And why do you say it "had to make it big at the box office"? As far as I know slime does well in merch sales, blu-ray sales, novel and manga sales, and season 3, which will be 2 cours was confirmed before the movie even aired.
Feb 27, 6:30 AM
Apr 2022
@DEMSpirit I don't understand what you're trying to say. The fact is, tensura had a higher box office than progressive 2, and almost as much as 1. If tensura "massively underperformed" as you say, then what does that say about the Sao movies? I don't know shit about how expensive more movie screenings are compared to less, but I wouldn't think it would have an overly significant effect on profit. And no shit gundam beat tensura, it's gundam. Outside of big names like JJK 0, Mugen Train, and Makoto Shinkai movies, Western theatres are only a fraction of anime movie's box office, so that's not really a major point. And why do you say it "had to make it big at the box office"? As far as I know slime does well in merch sales, blu-ray sales, novel and manga sales, and season 3, which will be 2 cours was confirmed before the movie even aired.
@mohamedo_abuduru 12 million is very low for a box office debut of what is considered the highest selling ln series. Especially one with many episodes and a spinoff. Especially low if Crunchyroll moved fast to give a western release..

Gundam seed had no anime sequel for 20 years and managed to make double that in like a month.
Feb 27, 6:37 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru 12 million is very low for a box office debut of what is considered the highest selling ln series. Especially one with many episodes and a spinoff. Especially low if Crunchyroll moved fast to give a western release..

Gundam seed had no anime sequel for 20 years and managed to make double that in like a month.
@DEMSpirit once again, you only respond to like 10% my argument, and proceed to make nonsensical points. You say 12 million is very low box office for such a popular series with many episodes and a spin-off, but I can say the exact same thing for the Sao progressive movies, which performed similarly. And again, it's gundam dude. Gundam will always be popular.
Feb 27, 7:01 AM
Apr 2022
@DEMSpirit once again, you only respond to like 10% my argument, and proceed to make nonsensical points. You say 12 million is very low box office for such a popular series with many episodes and a spin-off, but I can say the exact same thing for the Sao progressive movies, which performed similarly. And again, it's gundam dude. Gundam will always be popular.
@mohamedo_abuduru except progressive was the 2nd movie not the first. And sao is on its 4th movie. And it still had higher critic rating. Tensura stumbling w/ the first movie means it will have it hard getting another one.

Even in Japan, gundam is considered a niche taste. Since uc is too old and outdated. And aus have a short lifespan
Feb 27, 7:03 AM
Jul 2022
Okeanix said:

They should do it as a mini series like with slime did with slime diaries and have it as its own show for them but the ifs are first something like greed if can be one or two episodes but the pride one can be like 4
Feb 27, 7:04 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:

Your gonna have to wait a long while for that
Feb 27, 7:12 AM
Mar 2018
Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if it's safe to browse/follow this https://twitter.com/Rezero_official account if I've only watched the anime? Are there spoilers from the novels?
Feb 27, 7:24 AM
Dec 2015
_Yotsugi_ said:
baryaakov555 said:

Your gonna have to wait a long while for that

😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
Feb 27, 7:32 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to sucralose_
Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if it's safe to browse/follow this https://twitter.com/Rezero_official account if I've only watched the anime? Are there spoilers from the novels?
@sucralose_ re zero really does not have that crazy level of spoilers where browsing the forums will ruin your enjoyment of the show. Anime onlies clearly get blinded by internet hype trains yet don't bother to look into the source and want people have said especially arc 7 onwards.

The anime community always hypes newer shows to an extreme. It doesn't always translate to success. The kaguya movie got hyped up extremely only for it to flop. Megumin spinoff got hyped extremely but became the biggest flop of all time.

Like I said before, it takes a big dip in arc 7. Oshi no ko also changed the dynamic for kadokawa since that is their true cash cow now.
DEMSpiritFeb 27, 7:36 AM
Feb 27, 7:38 AM
Jul 2020
DEMSpirit said:
@sucralose_ re zero really does not have that crazy level of spoilers where browsing the forums will ruin your enjoyment of the show. Anime onlies clearly get blinded by internet hype trains yet don't bother to look into the source and want people have said especially arc 7 onwards.

The anime community always hypes newer shows to an extreme. It doesn't always translate to success. The kaguya movie got hyped up extremely only for it to flop. Megumin spinoff got hyped extremely but became the biggest flop of all time.

Like I said before, it takes a big dip in arc 7. Oshi no ko also changed the dynamic for kadokawa since that is their true cash cow now.

7 and 8(7.5) is top 3 arcs. Just because you can’t wrap your head around 20 new characters because it’s a new part of the world, doesn’t mean it’s bad. Yes it hard to get into but it’s not bad. Writing gets a bit less focused but the pacing through out is still good.
Feb 27, 8:16 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit

@DEMSpirit I don't know what you smoking but anime-only will love Arc 7 & 8 more than previous ones. One Piece should be enough example.

Manga readers hated AoT Ending yet anime-only loved it.
Feb 27, 8:23 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit I don't know what you smoking but anime-only will love Arc 7 & 8 more than previous ones. One Piece should be enough example.

@Okeanix don't bother arguing with that guy, you're entering an unwinnable battle
Feb 27, 8:51 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix

@Okeanix sales dropped of very heavily going into arc 7
https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/183eral/sales_for_the_ln_are_concerning_spoiler_discussion/
2 of its gacha games have shutdown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/11dz7ft/game_rezero_lost_in_memories_has_announced_its/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/17gmtqz/game_rezero_infinity_jp_version_has_announced_end/

It's newest gacha looks to be doa with under 100k twitter followers.
https://x.com/re_zero_WitchRe?t=9bYKeEL1a-gd-qrZJSB8bQ&s=09

It is too long.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/n8c4ne/discussion_is_rezero_the_longest_isekai_even_in/

To fully adapt re zero you need more than double the length of aot's but re zero has a fraction of aot's budget. This means only hope is for re zero to have gundam seed/destiny level of disc sales which season 2 doesn't remotely have.

Oshi no ko changed the dynamic completely where kadokawa is no longer reliant on re zero to make money.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/15hgqer/i_think_megumin_spinoff_may_be_a_little_success/
Feb 27, 9:00 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix sales dropped of very heavily going into arc 7
https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/183eral/sales_for_the_ln_are_concerning_spoiler_discussion/
2 of its gacha games have shutdown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/11dz7ft/game_rezero_lost_in_memories_has_announced_its/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/17gmtqz/game_rezero_infinity_jp_version_has_announced_end/

It's newest gacha looks to be doa with under 100k twitter followers.
https://x.com/re_zero_WitchRe?t=9bYKeEL1a-gd-qrZJSB8bQ&s=09

It is too long.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/n8c4ne/discussion_is_rezero_the_longest_isekai_even_in/

To fully adapt re zero you need more than double the length of aot's but re zero has a fraction of aot's budget. This means only hope is for re zero to have gundam seed/destiny level of disc sales which season 2 doesn't remotely have.

Oshi no ko changed the dynamic completely where kadokawa is no longer reliant on re zero to make money.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/15hgqer/i_think_megumin_spinoff_may_be_a_little_success/
@DEMSpirit You have no idea how series make a profit.

Re:Zero is not a manga series. For example, the Fate series doesn't have manga or novel sales, which means it has 0 sales. But it gets over 15+ 20+ anime adaptations. Ask why?

Re:Zero, like other light novels, visual novels, and anime originals, makes its money from views, bd sales, merchandise, gacha games, gambling machines, sponsorships and such. Re:Zero has very strong merchandise and gambling profits, more than any other anime. Re:Zero's anime viewership has always been at the top. If you look at Kadokawa stats, you'll see that even after Re:Zero finished airing, it remained in the top spot until it was dethroned by a new season of another series. It was the number 1 most watched anime on Netflix Japan and such.

Re:Zero light novel sales don't even account for 1% of the money the Re:Zero brand makes. It never has.

You can't claim that novel sales dropped, therefore the anime will get cancelled. While you may not understand it, Re:Zero anime doesn't need novels to continue. It's not a series designed to promote its source material like every manga series; it has its own brand, sponsorships, and such.
OkeanixFeb 27, 9:08 AM
Feb 27, 9:12 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit You have no idea how series make a profit.

Re:Zero is not a manga series. For example, the Fate series doesn't have manga or novel sales, which means it has 0 sales. But it gets over 15+ 20+ anime adaptations. Ask why?

Re:Zero, like other light novels, visual novels, and anime originals, makes its money from views, bd sales, merchandise, gacha games, gambling machines, sponsorships and such. Re:Zero has very strong merchandise and gambling profits, more than any other anime. Re:Zero's anime viewership has always been at the top. If you look at Kadokawa stats, you'll see that even after Re:Zero finished airing, it remained in the top spot until it was dethroned by a new season of another series. It was the number 1 most watched anime on Netflix Japan and such.

Re:Zero light novel sales don't even account for 1% of the money the Re:Zero brand makes. It never has.

You can't claim that novel sales dropped, therefore the anime will get cancelled. While you may not understand it, Re:Zero anime doesn't need novels to continue. It's not a series designed to promote its source material like every manga series; it has its own brand, sponsorships, and such.
@Okeanix streams is irrelevant for re zero profits. This is because the primary producer of re zero is kadokawa. Not TV tokyo, Netflix, or crunchyroll. This is not like shield hero where crunchyroll funds the entire series due to insane streams.

Kadokawa makes money off ln sales (crashing) dropping, bd discs (dropping), as well as merch (no new rem and emilia figs announced at wonfes). The re zero gachas are dead and definitely did not make enough where they can solely fund re zero and take the franchise over from kadokawa. Since no merchandise sales go back to the gacha company. Vs dal where all dal profits go to hot game studio which in turn keeps their game running. Plus they have been active since 2018. If a re zero gacha start doing bad, kadokawa will revoke the license and give it to another company further burning the fans.

Kadokawa is not good at managing anime. They spent big to market the megumin spinoff only to have it be one of the biggest flops of all time.

Kadokawa can also divert re zero funds to oshi no Ko. Nothing stopping them from doing that
Feb 27, 9:21 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix streams is irrelevant for re zero profits. This is because the primary producer of re zero is kadokawa. Not TV tokyo, Netflix, or crunchyroll. This is not like shield hero where crunchyroll funds the entire series due to insane streams.

Kadokawa makes money off ln sales (crashing) dropping, bd discs (dropping), as well as merch (no new rem and emilia figs announced at wonfes). The re zero gachas are dead and definitely did not make enough where they can solely fund re zero and take the franchise over from kadokawa. Since no merchandise sales go back to the gacha company. Vs dal where all dal profits go to hot game studio which in turn keeps their game running. Plus they have been active since 2018. If a re zero gacha start doing bad, kadokawa will revoke the license and give it to another company further burning the fans.

Kadokawa is not good at managing anime. They spent big to market the megumin spinoff only to have it be one of the biggest flops of all time.

Kadokawa can also divert re zero funds to oshi no Ko. Nothing stopping them from doing that
@DEMSpirit, Classroom of the Elite or Danmachi have had 10 times more novel sales in recent years, yet Re:Zero gets a 35-40 episode season while they receive low-budget 12-episode seasons.

Novel sales are not IMPORTANT! It has always been like this for every light novel!

So how does Re:Zero get such a huge season and budget while opponents who have 10 times more novel sales don't? Here are the reasons I put it above comment.

https://twitter.com/LoremIpsumVerb/status/1553007216596291585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1553007216596291585%7Ctwgr%5E0837bb2819c8cbbe0b56b4f8ba8cb03b728e57b9%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fwb5ewg%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse
Feb 27, 9:26 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit, Classroom of the Elite or Danmachi have had 10 times more novel sales in recent years, yet Re:Zero gets a 35-40 episode season while they receive low-budget 12-episode seasons.

Novel sales are not IMPORTANT! It has always been like this for every light novel!

So how does Re:Zero get such a huge season and budget while opponents who have 10 times more novel sales don't? Here are the reasons I put it above comment.

https://twitter.com/LoremIpsumVerb/status/1553007216596291585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1553007216596291585%7Ctwgr%5E0837bb2819c8cbbe0b56b4f8ba8cb03b728e57b9%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fwb5ewg%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse
@Okeanix cote would have been cancelled back in season 1 due to abysmal streams and bd sales. But since kadokawa is the producer and cote is their highest selling ln right now, they can keep the anime going. Re zero is losing money across the board. Even in merchandising you have seen a noticeable decrease in rem, emilia, ram figures vs newer shows. Heck even konosuba lost and insane amount of merchandising deals after the spinoff flopped. Dal on the other hand seen an exponential increase since they divorced themselves from kadokawa.

Also those are 2022 numbers where kadokawa exclusively depended on overlord. Almost none of the dal and shield hero profits went to kadokawa since they stopped producing them.

This twitter account shows what kadokawa is producing.
https://x.com/KADOKAWAanime?t=3svNsUTJcA0ly5faHABTeg&s=09

I showed you how oshi no ko is now kadokawa's highest performing franchise.
DEMSpiritFeb 27, 9:32 AM
Feb 27, 9:35 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix cote would have been cancelled back in season 1 due to abysmal streams and bd sales. But since kadokawa is the producer and cote is their highest selling ln right now, they can keep the anime going. Re zero is losing money across the board. Even in merchandising you have seen a noticeable decrease in rem, emilia, ram figures vs newer shows. Heck even konosuba lost and insane amount of merchandising deals after the spinoff flopped. Dal on the other hand seen an exponential increase since they divorced themselves from kadokawa.

Also those are 2022 numbers where kadokawa exclusively depended on overlord. Almost none of the dal and shield hero profits went to kadokawa since they stopped producing them.

This twitter account shows what kadokawa is producing.
https://x.com/KADOKAWAanime?t=3svNsUTJcA0ly5faHABTeg&s=09

I showed you how oshi no ko is now kadokawa's highest performing franchise.
@DEMSpirit If novel sales were actually as 'IMPORTANT' as you said, Tappei would stop writing the web novel and only sell light novels, which would generate 4-5 times more sales without the free web novel that currently outperforms the LN a lot.

Of course, there would be a decrease, considering it's almost 3-4 years after Season 2. However, investing in Season 3 could yield a significant return. Moreover, profit could be made from new merchandise featuring other characters from Re:Zero, which are extensively explored and developed in Season 3. Reinhard figurines would generate hype similar to that of Gojo and others.

Seasons 1 and 2 generated substantial revenue, and the content of Season 3 is likely to replicate this success. With 38 episodes in Season 3, confirmation of Season 4 is practically assured. Production Company wouldn't produce a season of over 30 episodes if Season 4 wasn't going to be confirmed.

In the future, when series like ONE PIECE end, people will move on to series like Re:Zero, which by then will have a significant amount of content.
Feb 27, 10:30 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit If novel sales were actually as 'IMPORTANT' as you said, Tappei would stop writing the web novel and only sell light novels, which would generate 4-5 times more sales without the free web novel that currently outperforms the LN a lot.

Of course, there would be a decrease, considering it's almost 3-4 years after Season 2. However, investing in Season 3 could yield a significant return. Moreover, profit could be made from new merchandise featuring other characters from Re:Zero, which are extensively explored and developed in Season 3. Reinhard figurines would generate hype similar to that of Gojo and others.

Seasons 1 and 2 generated substantial revenue, and the content of Season 3 is likely to replicate this success. With 38 episodes in Season 3, confirmation of Season 4 is practically assured. Production Company wouldn't produce a season of over 30 episodes if Season 4 wasn't going to be confirmed.

In the future, when series like ONE PIECE end, people will move on to series like Re:Zero, which by then will have a significant amount of content.
@Okeanix no one ever confirmed season 3 has 38 episodes let alone season 4 was in the works. Leaks have been proven wrong time and time again.

Making more rem, emilia, ram, echidnu figures is beating a dead horse. They will need a new waifu. Also male light novel figures never sell.

Arc 7 is so long, they pretty much need arc 5 and 6 to sell on levels of gundam seed/destiny. There is a reason the toaru index never tried adapting new testament.
Feb 27, 11:01 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix no one ever confirmed season 3 has 38 episodes let alone season 4 was in the works. Leaks have been proven wrong time and time again.

Making more rem, emilia, ram, echidnu figures is beating a dead horse. They will need a new waifu. Also male light novel figures never sell.

Arc 7 is so long, they pretty much need arc 5 and 6 to sell on levels of gundam seed/destiny. There is a reason the toaru index never tried adapting new testament.
@DEMSpirit

DEMSpirit said:
no one ever confirmed season 3 has 38 episodes let alone season 4 was in the works. Leaks have been proven wrong time and time again.

Are you going to accept that you are wrong about everything when Season 3 is confirmed to have more than 25 episodes, which is the usual length?

Leaks that have been proven wrong are leaks made by random people, not trustworthy sources, while the confirmation of Season 3 having more than 25 episodes comes from a leaker who has predicted everything correctly in past years.

DEMSpirit said:

They can sell. There wasn't a character like Reinhard before in the light novel series, which gives off the same vibe as Gojo Satoru to female audience of Re:Zero.

New Waifu? Shaula will sell a lot. With scenes adapted in Arc 6, it will be one of the best-selling. Priscilla will also sell a lot; Ram merchandise and sales will increase significantly after Season 3. Anastasia will also sell, among others. There are over 20 characters getting the spotlight in Season 3, unlike previous seasons where Subaru was the only focus.

DEMSpirit said:

Arc 3 is 25 episodes long (6 LN Volumes same as S2), yet it was cut down to 14 episodes without even extended duration.

Arcs 7 and 8, with fast pacing and cuts, can easily be covered in 40 episodes, as predicted for Season 3.
Feb 27, 11:15 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit

DEMSpirit said:
no one ever confirmed season 3 has 38 episodes let alone season 4 was in the works. Leaks have been proven wrong time and time again.

Are you going to accept that you are wrong about everything when Season 3 is confirmed to have more than 25 episodes, which is the usual length?

Leaks that have been proven wrong are leaks made by random people, not trustworthy sources, while the confirmation of Season 3 having more than 25 episodes comes from a leaker who has predicted everything correctly in past years.

DEMSpirit said:

They can sell. There wasn't a character like Reinhard before in the light novel series, which gives off the same vibe as Gojo Satoru to female audience of Re:Zero.

New Waifu? Shaula will sell a lot. With scenes adapted in Arc 6, it will be one of the best-selling. Priscilla will also sell a lot; Ram merchandise and sales will increase significantly after Season 3. Anastasia will also sell, among others. There are over 20 characters getting the spotlight in Season 3, unlike previous seasons where Subaru was the only focus.

DEMSpirit said:

Arc 3 is 25 episodes long (6 LN Volumes same as S2), yet it was cut down to 14 episodes without even extended duration.

Arcs 7 and 8, with fast pacing and cuts, can easily be covered in 40 episodes, as predicted for Season 3.
@Okeanix Priscilla and Anastasia, reinhard are already in the anime and get no figures. They cannot just take any random character and expect people to eat it up. That character has to so something to earn it. Like best boy or girl.

Ln series do not work like a big shonen that is already planning on adapting it all. They work based on whether the previous season was a success. Kadokawa has never really adapted light novels to the end.
Feb 27, 11:28 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix Priscilla and Anastasia, reinhard are already in the anime and get no figures. They cannot just take any random character and expect people to eat it up. That character has to so something to earn it. Like best boy or girl.

Ln series do not work like a big shonen that is already planning on adapting it all. They work based on whether the previous season was a success. Kadokawa has never really adapted light novels to the end.
@DEMSpirit Reinhard appears in the anime, but he barely gets any spotlight, just like Priscilla and Anastasia.

In Season 3, Reinhard will receive the spotlight, as he fights alongside the main protagonist against the main antagonists. This season will delve deeper into his character, strengths, and drama, providing a more fleshed-out portrayal.

DEMSpirit said:

Because there isn't a series like Re:ZERO. There's not even a need to mention that Re:Zero Season 3 will adapt Volumes 15-25, more than any other LN series has been adapted.

Clearly, you haven't read Re:ZERO. The first two seasons are made for novels, but afterward, it becomes even more enjoyable in the anime format. For instance, Arc 7, as you mentioned, will be much more enjoyable in the anime, similar to Arc 5 will be.
Feb 27, 12:58 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@DEMSpirit Reinhard appears in the anime, but he barely gets any spotlight, just like Priscilla and Anastasia.

In Season 3, Reinhard will receive the spotlight, as he fights alongside the main protagonist against the main antagonists. This season will delve deeper into his character, strengths, and drama, providing a more fleshed-out portrayal.

DEMSpirit said:

Because there isn't a series like Re:ZERO. There's not even a need to mention that Re:Zero Season 3 will adapt Volumes 15-25, more than any other LN series has been adapted.

Clearly, you haven't read Re:ZERO. The first two seasons are made for novels, but afterward, it becomes even more enjoyable in the anime format. For instance, Arc 7, as you mentioned, will be much more enjoyable in the anime, similar to Arc 5 will be.
@Okeanix you clearly have never heard of the sao or toaru series if you think re zero is the ONLY series to have adapted as many novels. Sao is handled by aniplex. Toaru stopped at new testament.

All the easy covid money is gone. Where is tappei going to get all the money for 100+ more episodes. All the re zero games have shutdown. Light novel sales collapsed. The next one will be a flop. The figure market is in free fall with most binning. Streaming killed the disc market and even streaming is struggling to be profitable.
Feb 27, 1:39 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Okeanix you clearly have never heard of the sao or toaru series if you think re zero is the ONLY series to have adapted as many novels. Sao is handled by aniplex. Toaru stopped at new testament.

All the easy covid money is gone. Where is tappei going to get all the money for 100+ more episodes. All the re zero games have shutdown. Light novel sales collapsed. The next one will be a flop. The figure market is in free fall with most binning. Streaming killed the disc market and even streaming is struggling to be profitable.
@DEMSpirit a 10 second search shows that neither Sao nor the index main series have adapted 25 volumes. Sao isn't even close, stop glazing it so hard. The only thing that comes to mind is monogatari, now that off and monster season adaptations are confirmed. It's at 28 volumes now.
I'm not even going to address your second point. You have to be trolling with this shit.
Feb 27, 1:44 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit

@DEMSpirit Kadokawa produces 20-30 shitty isekai anime every year with no profit, meanwhile, Re:Zero makes more money than all 30 of those isekai anime combined.

I don't think you truly understand how significant Re:Zero is for KADOKAWA. It's one of the most profitable anime IPs, definitely in the Top 10 or Top 5. The hype for Re:Zero only subsides until the next season, which reignites the hype in a never-ending cycle. Not to mention, with Season 3, they can create tons of additional content.

For example, movie adaptations of side stories or "what-if" scenarios where everyone would buy tickets (don't compare them to other series' movies that flop; they're not as interesting as Re:Zero. I can easily find 50k people on the internet alone who would pay for IF Routes movies). It doesn't even need to be a high budget; it would be enjoyable no matter what because it's Re:Zero's story, world, characters, and interactions. It's top-tier.

In series like Demon Slayer, you have to invest a lot of effort into animation and budget because the series depends solely on that. In Re:Zero, you don't even need good animation.

"A Certain Magical Index" is 23 volume series in total. Re:Zero S3 will adapt until Volume 25.
Feb 27, 1:47 PM
Apr 2022
@DEMSpirit a 10 second search shows that neither Sao nor the index main series have adapted 25 volumes. Sao isn't even close, stop glazing it so hard. The only thing that comes to mind is monogatari, now that off and monster season adaptations are confirmed. It's at 28 volumes now.
I'm not even going to address your second point. You have to be trolling with this shit.
@mohamedo_abuduru do ur research. Sao was originally only supposed to be 18 volumes (based on the WN) but kawahara decided to extend it later on. The sao main series was finished in 2008. Sao is still releasing movies and spinoffs until unital ring is finished. Sao is a massive cash cow. No other ln series could make a film that matched ordinal scale in box office. Unitas ring is guaranteed to get adapted. It is not yet finished so a1 is sticking to progressive films.

Toaru has more episodes out of a ln series franchise period.

Re zero is nowhere close to Sao or toaru in franchise growth.
Feb 27, 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
Peak is coming
@mohamedo_abuduru
Feb 27, 2:48 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru do ur research. Sao was originally only supposed to be 18 volumes (based on the WN) but kawahara decided to extend it later on. The sao main series was finished in 2008. Sao is still releasing movies and spinoffs until unital ring is finished. Sao is a massive cash cow. No other ln series could make a film that matched ordinal scale in box office. Unitas ring is guaranteed to get adapted. It is not yet finished so a1 is sticking to progressive films.

Toaru has more episodes out of a ln series franchise period.

Re zero is nowhere close to Sao or toaru in franchise growth.
@DEMSpirit mb, didn't realize ordinal scale was five entire volumes, so when you add up that with all of progressive that's been adapted, it's a little ahead. Not that that has anything to do with what you're saying, I honestly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Who asked when the sao main series finished. You say no other LN series could make a film that matched ordinal scale in box office. How tf do you know? The new tensura movie that according to you "flopped miserably" made over half of what ordinal scale did in japan. And considering that people tend to go to the movies less often now, instead pirating, waiting for digital release, etc, I don't think you can accurately compare the two anymore. And even then, I don't feel like ordinal scale is a particularly unsurpassable bar. An actually good, well-marketed movie adaptation of many popular light novels right now could definitely surpass it. And I know that toaru has more total volumes adapted when you include railgun and accelerator. But its also been adapting content for far longer than re zero. And considering studio White Fox's recent difficulties, I don't think it's really surprising that toaru has more content adapted. Same with sao.
Feb 27, 2:57 PM
Apr 2022
@DEMSpirit mb, didn't realize ordinal scale was five entire volumes, so when you add up that with all of progressive that's been adapted, it's a little ahead. Not that that has anything to do with what you're saying, I honestly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Who asked when the sao main series finished. You say no other LN series could make a film that matched ordinal scale in box office. How tf do you know? The new tensura movie that according to you "flopped miserably" made over half of what ordinal scale did in japan. And considering that people tend to go to the movies less often now, instead pirating, waiting for digital release, etc, I don't think you can accurately compare the two anymore. And even then, I don't feel like ordinal scale is a particularly unsurpassable bar. An actually good, well-marketed movie adaptation of many popular light novels right now could definitely surpass it. And I know that toaru has more total volumes adapted when you include railgun and accelerator. But its also been adapting content for far longer than re zero. And considering studio White Fox's recent difficulties, I don't think it's really surprising that toaru has more content adapted. Same with sao.
@mohamedo_abuduru gundam seed freedom became the highest grossing gundam film despite not having an installment for 20 years. There goes ur excuse for scarlet bond doing so poorly.

Ordinal scale was anime original.

Pirating is a bs excuse since you will go to jail for it in japan vs in the us. Ur just fishing for excuses because newer fans are biased towards tensura since it was a new hit series.

Stop acting like white fox is the only studio with difficulties. Re zero is like the only fandom that complains about their studio. Aot fans don't even complain as much as re zero when mappa had to make an almost impossible deadline.
Feb 27, 3:07 PM

Oct 2017
so hyped for a new season of PEAK
"Let's visit the world of wonders"
Feb 27, 3:33 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@mohamedo_abuduru gundam seed freedom became the highest grossing gundam film despite not having an installment for 20 years. There goes ur excuse for scarlet bond doing so poorly.

Ordinal scale was anime original.

Pirating is a bs excuse since you will go to jail for it in japan vs in the us. Ur just fishing for excuses because newer fans are biased towards tensura since it was a new hit series.

Stop acting like white fox is the only studio with difficulties. Re zero is like the only fandom that complains about their studio. Aot fans don't even complain as much as re zero when mappa had to make an almost impossible deadline.
@DEMSpirit Thanks for reminding me ordinal scale is anime original. So sao hasn't even adapted as many volumes as re zero then. Anyways, you feel like an AI or something. You keep repeating the same shit over and over. What does Gundam have to do with anything? My "excuse for scarlet bond doing so poorly" is just me saying that people go to the movies less often now, so it's harder to compare movie sales between the tensura movie and ordinal scale. I'm not saying that movies don't make money anymore, because look at Suzume, the new Ghibli movie, the new Slam Dunk movie. They are making many times as much as the sao and tensura movies are, for example. And again, the second progressive movie had an even lower box office than tensura, so I don't see why you keep acting like sao is the god of profit. And again, Gundam is extremely popular, it doesn't surprise me that it outperformed sao and tensura.
I'm aware that pirating isn't as much a factor in japan. But it is in the west. Which, as I said earlier, is admittedly a small portion of movie box office for anime. But waiting for digital release applies everywhere. You saying I'm fishing for excuses because I'm biased is comical. Please look in the mirror. I don't even particularly like tensura. And who are you to call me a "newer fan"? How would you know? If anything, you strike me as the new anime fan. Your (almost certainly incomplete) list consists almost entirely of new shows. And god, your ratings are comical. FMAB a 1, Vinland saga s2 a 4, but Isekai Cheat Skill a 9. I probably should've looked at that before I started arguing with you. I would've known not to start.
I'm not acting like white fox is the only studio with difficulties. I'm acting like white fox is in a far worse situation than A-1, which is pumping out many high quality new shows each year, and J.C. Staff, which although isn't doing as well right now as it used to, still has far more employees than white fox, and still puts out a lot of content each year. They fell off a bit when they took on too many projects, but are still doing far better than white fox following re zero s2. And no, Re zero is not the only fandom that complains about their studio. Unbelievably incorrect. The vast majority of re zero fans praise white fox to high hell for what they did with re zero season 2. Despite production issues, and covid, they pumped out consistent extra-length episodes, omitting openings and endings, to ensure it got a faithful adaptation. Nobody complains about white fox. We just acknowledge that they were in a tough spot, which is why season 3 might take longer than it ideally would. And even then, they've confirmed a season 3, and trusted leakers are saying it's likely 3 cours. At this point, I can't fathom the idea that you're not trolling. If you seriously believe that statement you made, then jesus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Sep 22, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.