Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 26, 11:12 PM

Apr 2020
I heard that this is a bit like SAO and it's one of the older modern isekais. This should be good!?
W3TFTFeb 27, 12:04 AM
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Feb 28, 9:47 PM
Sep 2016
It's nothing any special really, at least compared to newer titles. It's a power isekai where the main protag (Shin) and his cronies (Schnee & Co, incl. Tiera, Wilhelm, Nekomata, etc) are godly strong (and I mean GODLY) from 1st EP. But just as you've said, it's one of the older "modern" isekai. Hence why when it 1st came, it's considered unique in a sense.

I never watched nor read SAO, but AFAIK SAO is technically not an isekai, since nobody is transfered to other world. Just how .Hack series are not considered isekai, they're just trapped in a death game situation. However, The New Gate is a legit isekai. For the explanations: The paragraph below is technically not a spoiler, since it will be revealed within the 1st few mins of the anime, but just to be save I put them as "spoiler" instead:

Conclusion: It's smh unique, but not really that special considering our todays standards. But since this is one of the older ones, it is unique in a sense (when it first came abt). So expect lots of nostalgia biases from its older fans (me included ofc).
uncleqrowFeb 28, 10:01 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 29, 11:54 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to uncleqrow
It's nothing any special really, at least compared to newer titles. It's a power isekai where the main protag (Shin) and his cronies (Schnee & Co, incl. Tiera, Wilhelm, Nekomata, etc) are godly strong (and I mean GODLY) from 1st EP. But just as you've said, it's one of the older "modern" isekai. Hence why when it 1st came, it's considered unique in a sense.

I never watched nor read SAO, but AFAIK SAO is technically not an isekai, since nobody is transfered to other world. Just how .Hack series are not considered isekai, they're just trapped in a death game situation. However, The New Gate is a legit isekai. For the explanations: The paragraph below is technically not a spoiler, since it will be revealed within the 1st few mins of the anime, but just to be save I put them as "spoiler" instead:

Conclusion: It's smh unique, but not really that special considering our todays standards. But since this is one of the older ones, it is unique in a sense (when it first came abt). So expect lots of nostalgia biases from its older fans (me included ofc).
@uncleqrow

That's informative. I hope then that the show doesn't become stale midway through.

At least it will be produced by Yokohama animation and Cloud Hearts, which did well enough with The Great Cleric imo.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Mar 25, 6:07 PM
Feb 2018
Well this came out of no where.
I do like the manga, it almost acts as a what if sequel to the end of the first Arc of Sword Art Online.
Its a bit of mindless fun with some actually touching moments.
But what I am concerned about is... the studios who have been given the production...
in general the two animation studios which have been given this have maybe 1 or 2 good shows the two of them.
and the rest are the textbook definition of garbage.

Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu was good.

but everything else was mid to bad at best...

Here is to hoping the writing can save this show because I am not going to count on anything animation wise.
Mar 29, 9:48 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm.... another Isekai'd into the future of a game series... LOL

At first I thought the title was "The New World" and that Amazon made an anime of their failed game, LOL.

Well, looks kinda interesting, but it might also be fairly generic. I'll keep my hype at a medium.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 4, 12:44 PM
Oct 2021
After reading the description my first thought was SAO x Leadale.
Apr 13, 3:39 AM
Feb 2019
It's way better than SAO
Apr 13, 12:27 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to Leifallen
It's way better than SAO
@Leifallen are you drunk?
Apr 13, 1:13 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to DariusuiraD
@DariusuiraD Are you 12yo ?
Apr 13, 1:52 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to DariusuiraD
@DariusuiraD Novel and manga are inded better than SAO. Still not masterpiece, but it's not like that bar is that high. Unfortunately it doesn't seem anime is even trying.
Apr 13, 2:46 PM
Dec 2016
How is this interesting? Everything about it is generic, there's nothing original.
Apr 13, 2:51 PM
Dec 2016
ChatGPT could write a better story.
Apr 14, 1:41 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Leifallen
@DariusuiraD Are you 12yo ?
@Leifallen it's seems you are one of those woke losers
Apr 14, 1:49 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to DariusuiraD
@DariusuiraD Saying New Gate is better than SAO = Woke. Yeah that make sense. There is no better indicator of wokeness than not liking SAO.

Considering you don't look like sharpest blade in the shed, I should note I am being sarcastic.
Apr 14, 4:32 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to DariusuiraD
@DariusuiraD Link between wokism and what I just said ? Bruh another cringe weeaboo edglord
Apr 14, 5:47 AM
Feb 2016
Reply to Leifallen
It's way better than SAO
@Leifallen Is this supposed to be a recommendation? Bar is pretty low I guess.
Apr 14, 6:51 AM
Mar 2023
It's low expectation.
Character is low make.

If you get his position, Are you sure you wanna be back to original world?
It will be different if that world is dangerous and you just normal person(average ability).

It's really out of logic, probably author wanna be out of box but it really suck.

Sometimes, I think author wanna make this character as Kirito but he failed.
Apr 14, 7:01 AM

Apr 2020
"The New Gate" is an online life-or-death game with tens of thousands of players.

...Is the first line of the synopsis and I already feel like I've seen the whole thing.
Not hyped.
Apr 14, 8:30 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Leifallen
@DariusuiraD Link between wokism and what I just said ? Bruh another cringe weeaboo edglord
@Leifallen when you chose "Gender: Non-Binary" that's just proves that you are woke loser and your opinion is worth of shit
Apr 14, 8:33 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Tenzen12
@DariusuiraD Saying New Gate is better than SAO = Woke. Yeah that make sense. There is no better indicator of wokeness than not liking SAO.

Considering you don't look like sharpest blade in the shed, I should note I am being sarcastic.
@Tenzen12 cry me a river
Apr 14, 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Leifallen
@Leifallen He is 99% troll. It would be better no longer take bait and just ignore him completely.
Apr 14, 11:37 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to DariusuiraD
@Leifallen when you chose "Gender: Non-Binary" that's just proves that you are woke loser and your opinion is worth of shit
@DariusuiraD Dude hasn't though for a second that it might be a joke
70 iq here
Apr 14, 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Merve2Love
"The New Gate" is an online life-or-death game with tens of thousands of players.

...Is the first line of the synopsis and I already feel like I've seen the whole thing.
Not hyped.
@Merve2Love Don't worry, that's just the first 3 minutes.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 14, 12:07 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to Leifallen
@DariusuiraD Dude hasn't though for a second that it might be a joke
70 iq here
@Leifallen not my problem that you are mentally handicapped
Apr 14, 2:35 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to DariusuiraD
@Leifallen not my problem that you are mentally handicapped
@DariusuiraD Low iq talked
Apr 15, 2:14 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Leifallen
@DariusuiraD Low iq talked
@Leifallen you already said that you are idiot you don't need to repeat your self
Apr 15, 11:00 AM

May 2010
LOL what is going on in this thread? Also F*ck everyone hating on SAO. You're not cool. I've seen more anime than everyone in this thread combined, and if you think SAO is bad you simply haven't seen enough anime.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Apr 17, 8:01 PM

Nov 2009
LOL what is going on in this thread? Also F*ck everyone hating on SAO. You're not cool. I've seen more anime than everyone in this thread combined, and if you think SAO is bad you simply haven't seen enough anime.

They're not hating on SAO tho... they're just saying this series is better. Literally no one said SAO was bad, LOL.

But some SAO-fan went vendetta on everyone saying nothing is better than SAO.

So if you're saying fuck to people that's just saying this series is better... maybe you shouldn't have come to this series too.

(BTW, I watched over 800 anime series, too much that I gave up trying to make a list on here, I kept my list on a Word Doc since 2005-ish before MAL was created)
amlgApr 17, 8:08 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 4, 2:31 PM

Mar 2019
i don't know anything about SAO but i used to read the manga from this "thing" and let me tell, this is the most boring story and mc ever... He is op and have everything in his chest. There is really nothing happening... IT was so boring i dropped it during an attack to a city. I was really surprised they did an adaptation of this, even the people who used to like it dropped the manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

28 by phantomfandom »»
5 hours ago

» Is this just another SAO clone?

did4375 - Yesterday

31 by Shamsy »»
5 hours ago

» Disappointing animation?

AniPeo - Apr 21

20 by CrasianLe »»
Jun 1, 11:31 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

19 by waldy713 »»
May 30, 12:43 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

29 by xXTensaZenXx »»
May 27, 1:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.