Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2:33 AM
Aug 2021
Disclaimer : This is only my assumption so we need to wait until they announced on their official X account for latest information of the anime
I also hope the production won't have a serious problem

Season 2 of this anime already confirmed to air this year
But since Roshidere anime delayed to Summer, Oshi no Ko production also can affected too (for example postponement)
Source

FYI, both Roshidere and Oshi no Ko are handled by Doga Kobo as Animation Studio
And not only that, both of them also have the same producer (Ryo Kobayashi)

With the anime that rescheduled to July means Kobayashi and the production team are more focused to Roshidere since its scheduled to air earlier than Oshi no Ko
And the only season left in 2024 if Oshi no Ko production team still want the anime to air this year is fall

Also from what I heard until I post this topic, some of Oshi no Ko staffs also work for it so I'm a bit afraid if they can manage their time and condition for back-to-back works from Roshidere to Oshi no Ko
So postponement could be happen too in Oshi no Ko to make sure they can maintain quality of the anime
But again, it's just my assumption
Dbagas8Feb 19, 2:59 AM
Feb 19, 2:46 AM
Nov 2020
Producers can often work on multiple shows at one time and while they’re the same studio Oshi no Ko and Roshidere are being worked on by different teams. This postponement is unlikely to have a delay on Oshi no Ko.
Feb 19, 3:50 AM

Mar 2023
It's a good theory, but wrong.
First, producers and studios can produce several shows at the same time, allocating resources and time wisely.
Secondly, the postponement of Roshidere can't affect the release of the sequel Oshi no Ko, because Doga Kobo is working several times harder on the second one, as the prequel was a huge success for the studio. Also, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai is expected to be released in the spring, so it would be neat if Doga Kobo released one adaptation for each season. Although in 2022, the studio simultaneously released several shows at once in the spring season.

Either way, AnimeJapan is expected in the spring with Doga Kobo participating, ready to give an update on their projects and news.
Feb 19, 4:12 AM
Aug 2021
I Mean...I Wouldn't Mind The Release Of The 2nd Season Of Oshi No Ko To Be In January 2025...As Long As Its Good
Feb 19, 6:34 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to PlatypusPrince16
Producers can often work on multiple shows at one time and while they’re the same studio Oshi no Ko and Roshidere are being worked on by different teams. This postponement is unlikely to have a delay on Oshi no Ko.
@PlatypusPrince16 Even if the core team members are different, having the same producer will still mean that there's going to be a pull of very similar staff names, ranging from episode directors to animators to animation directors. So while I doubt it will get delayed, this announcement is still going to affect OnK's production, specially since the first season was already struggling and needed a lot of bruteforcing to make deadlines.
Feb 19, 8:54 AM
Apr 2022
I think oshi no ko is absolutely the priority. If they end up sacrificing one it will be roshidere
Feb 19, 9:00 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Peenutz
I think oshi no ko is absolutely the priority. If they end up sacrificing one it will be roshidere
@Peenutz are they even part of the production committee of this 2 shows? if so how high they are in the production committee for each show that will determine their priority show here
Feb 19, 10:54 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to deg
@Peenutz are they even part of the production committee of this 2 shows? if so how high they are in the production committee for each show that will determine their priority show here
@deg sentai is the biggest part of oshi production committee and we don’t know roshi’s. But at the end of the day it doesn’t matter because one is an established large series and the other is a new romance series. One is clearly a bigger money maker than the other. The resources will go to the safer investment
Feb 19, 10:57 AM
Feb 2021
I don't think it should affect it at all, really. Studios are more than capable of doing multiple shows at once, I mean, look at 8bit, they have Slime s3, the irregular at magic highschool s3, laid back camp s3 and the episode nagi movie all in the spring season.
Feb 20, 2:38 AM

Jan 2020
In the worst case scenario, season 2 of Oshi no Ko will likely broadcast in Fall 2024 or Winter 2025 and that's just my speculation. We have to wait for more information in their upcoming AnimeJapan 2024 event.

Oshi no Ko is the top priority for Doga Kobo studio so I would say the chance of this happening is 50/50.

More topics from this board

» How do you feel about aqua?

anime_sky65 - 1 hour ago

6 by Ripperdoc »»
15 minutes ago

» New PV! Broadcast Date Confirmed!!!

Ricky16 - May 26

17 by MAL_mashu »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

» Your opinion about Kana...... ( 1 2 3 )

ShibamDey - Jul 6, 2023

101 by xAlionnnn »»
Jun 18, 7:10 PM

» New Teaser

OvergrownRover - Jun 8

3 by SATAN19 »»
Jun 8, 1:46 AM

» Will Minami appear in this season?

Catalano - May 26

9 by trinitroglycerin »»
Jun 4, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.