Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2023 6:40 PM

Oct 2014
I'm a little bit confused by the labelling of Garden of Remembrance as a film that has yet to be released - by all accounts this film has its Worldwide Premiere on October 28th 2022 at the 2022 Scotland Loves Anime festival. This is not just a

Why does this preclude this film from being rated, etc. and why is this the only film I can find to have this "Preview" date separate to its "Airing" date?

For extra context, Sing a Bit of Harmony had its Worldwide Premier at the same festival in 2021 and that release date is simply listed as its Airing date with no distinguishment or distinction with a "Preview" date. It seems a little inconsistent to still have this short film as not having aired yet despite the identical scenario of Sing a Bit of Harmony accepting the SLA2021 world premiere as its Airing date, and I'm just curious about the thinking and reasoning for this!

Perhaps this is MAL's standard practice between World Premiere and publically accessible screenings and I haven't noticed this before because I've never been in the situation of seeing a premiere and then waiting so long for it to finally be publically available - sorry if this is the case!
illintelligenceNov 17, 2023 6:44 PM
Nov 17, 2023 8:34 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
The preview section is a new addition that didn't exist back when Sing a Bit of Harmony came out, and it's hidden once the full release happens which is why it seems like nothing else has it (I assume changing the date back on that movie was overlooked).

Also it doesn't prevent it from being rated, the opposite actually. It was added so that people could add and rate things they watched at festivals and such without messing up stuff like what season something is a part of. Not sure why Garden of Rememberence has taken so long to actually come out honestly, it's probably something to do with production.

Hope this helped!

More topics from this board

» This was shown as Scotland Loves Anime way back in Oct 2022

Jax - Apr 10

3 by Nexus_512 »»
May 23, 7:27 PM

» English Theatrical Release?

novavsen - Oct 28, 2022

3 by DruMzTV »»
Oct 28, 2022 3:24 PM

» Looks like Naoka Yamada has no plans to go back to KyoAni

Nercocet - Jun 16, 2022

1 by droppa121 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:10 AM

» A report of the movie's presentation at Annecy Festival

EmiliaHoarfrost - Jun 16, 2022

1 by RioFS »»
Jun 16, 2022 12:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.