Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2012
So we see the characters from the movie appear at the end when Violet is seen watching them through magic or whatever, does this makes the events of the movie canon? I was not considering watching the movie since everywhere it was plastered that the movie was not a part of the canon. Should I watch it?
Nov 2, 2023 11:55 AM
Apr 2020
Canon or not it was good but personally I thought it was canon also would like to know now lol
Nov 2, 2023 12:11 PM
Jul 2022
As long as it doesn't conflict with anything, it's all anime canon for me lol
Nov 2, 2023 12:17 PM
Oct 2022
It’s anime canon technically. But it has no influence.
Nov 2, 2023 12:34 PM
Feb 2022
Everything is Canon but not everything is true.
Nov 2, 2023 3:04 PM
May 2021
Gl0rp said:
Everything is Canon but not everything is true.

If it’s not true then it’s not canon
Nov 2, 2023 3:25 PM

Sep 2018
They were both written by the LN author, so I guess you could say they’re both canon, even if they’re both anime original
Nov 2, 2023 5:40 PM
Ejさま
Jan 2017
GEAR_1 said:
So we see the characters from the movie appear at the end when Violet is seen watching them through magic or whatever, does this makes the events of the movie canon? I was not considering watching the movie since everywhere it was plastered that the movie was not a part of the canon. Should I watch it?

It would make sense to me if the movie was canon
Ej사마
Nov 3, 2023 1:00 AM
Feb 2022
i wanted to see shion in middle east themed clothes :/
Nov 4, 2023 7:15 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Jya_Asiaboo_sama
GEAR_1 said:

It would make sense to me if the movie was canon
@Jya_Asiaboo_sama same here. Given that both the movie and this special has the same motive by
, I'd assume that they are very much connected.
+ Fuze-sensei loves side stories that can be connected to the main story without having major conflicting details with the original's (like Trinity Tempest & Slime Diaries[he didn't actually write these spin-offs but both are almost as consistent with the original writing.])
Nov 4, 2023 9:30 AM

Sep 2018
ajperez said:
@Jya_Asiaboo_sama same here. Given that both the movie and this special has the same motive by
+ Fuze-sensei loves side stories that can be connected to the main story without having major conflicting details with the original's (like Trinity Tempest & Slime Diaries[he didn't actually write these spin-offs but both are almost as consistent with the original writing.])

This OVA and the movie have definitely been laying the groundwork for the introduction of the remaining primordials in the main series. I’m really excited for it, even if it’s gonna take a while
Nov 4, 2023 11:43 AM
Jun 2015
The events of this OVA series and the movie are not in the light novels. The anime isn't 100% accurate to the novels and should be considered a separate canon. If you want ln canon and not anime canon, then read the books, plain and simple. Don't let the books influence your interpretation of the anime.
Nov 5, 2023 8:54 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Deane
ajperez said:

This OVA and the movie have definitely been laying the groundwork for the introduction of the remaining primordials in the main series. I’m really excited for it, even if it’s gonna take a while
@Deane YES. I'm really glad that Ultima, Carrera and Testarossa debuted this early even though they're still a few arcs away.
Nov 5, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2021
I only watched this movie because I heard the demoness trio make a debut. And boy oh boy.... it was only for a small time but it was worth it, i think. Ultima, being the menace she is, just trading blows with Luminus for fun, Carrera casually nuking El Dorado as part of her daily routine, and Testarossa.... at your service my queen.
They really are drip feeding us the good stuff huh. Man I just can't wait for them to reappear in S3 (probably, or S4 most definitely).
Dec 7, 2023 11:58 PM

May 2015
should I watch the these OVAs or the movie first?
Dec 18, 2023 4:53 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to anikevin
should I watch the these OVAs or the movie first?
@anikevin I would recommend you to go with the movie and after that this ova.
Dec 21, 2023 9:40 PM

Nov 2013
It was always canon to the anime. I don't know why people have an issue with an anime and it's source having different canons, but they can, and in this case they do.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Jan 3, 10:41 PM

Nov 2009
Well then, just finished watching the Movie, time to watch the OVAs, lol.

Kinda funny that when the movie released, most ppls said the movie isn't canon.

But now the OVAs is out, most ppls is saying the movie might be canon due to scenes in OVAs having connection to the movie.

Tho, this feels more or less like a DBZ GT incident where most people are saying it's not canon, but then the game based anime came out that mixed literally all DBZ sources into one including GT and people still said it's not canon, except the author came out and said it's canon, LOL.

Plus, tons of DBZ movies that all seems to have weird timelines...

So yea... I wonder if the author would just come out and said whether the movies and the OVAs is canon to the TV series or not...

or left it as is, to ppls wonder if the last scene is indeed directly connected to the movie

or this is just a plot by the author to make people go watch the movie if they haven't yet cause ppls think it's not canon and thus doesn't need to be watched, LOL, and thus bunch of ppls goes to watch the movie...
amlgJan 4, 7:04 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 31, 11:59 AM

Jul 2011
Reply to Cybertron713
The events of this OVA series and the movie are not in the light novels. The anime isn't 100% accurate to the novels and should be considered a separate canon. If you want ln canon and not anime canon, then read the books, plain and simple. Don't let the books influence your interpretation of the anime.
@Cybertron713 This OVA series is based on a bonus short story written by the author a few years ago.
Jan 31, 12:17 PM
Jun 2015
AndyPRO said:
@Cybertron713 This OVA series is based on a bonus short story written by the author a few years ago.

That doesn't mean it's part of the LN canon. It wasn't in the novels, and it disrupts an event in the novels in a minor way. If it's a retcon and FUZE intended it as part of the LN canon, that's fine by me, but I'd like to see confirmation of that before saying that. So, until there is confirmation, it's safer to consider it part of anime canon, not representative of LN canon. And if there is already confirmation that I just haven't seen, then I'll correct my statements.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

74 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 24, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 2 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

24 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 23, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 1 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

34 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 22, 10:35 AM

» Timeline and Power Scaling

Ghostfeint - Nov 1, 2023

12 by arish504 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:59 PM

» Question about the ending

Embient - Nov 2, 2023

6 by NiaAlexandria »»
Nov 2, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.