Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2023 2:33 PM
Oct 2020
im actually shaking. dmc is my favourite game series.
Sep 27, 2023 8:22 PM

Dec 2008
Looks AMAZING! But it's no more an anime than The Boondocks, Avatar The Last Airbender and Castlevania.
Sep 27, 2023 8:37 PM
Jul 2022
Nanashi86 said:
Looks AMAZING! But it's no more an anime than The Boondocks, Avatar The Last Airbender and Castlevania.

Isn't this made by a Korean studio? It's Asian, so I wonder if MAL will consider it Anime haha
Sep 27, 2023 8:38 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
I know DMC game fans might not be quite thrilled by this adaptation but I'm actually looking forward for this. I tried the first DMC game on PS2 but didn't like the gameplay and the mission format, ended up dropping it around mission 4 or so. I always wanted to get into DMC (I'm a fan of other Capcom games and DMC seems so cool) but the anime by Madhouse apparently isn't remotely similar to the games. Hope this adaptation is decent enough so that I and others who suck at action games can enjoy the story and aesthetics lol.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Sep 28, 2023 2:45 AM
Dec 2017
Galletita said:
I know DMC game fans might not be quite thrilled by this adaptation but I'm actually looking forward for this. I tried the first DMC game on PS2 but didn't like the gameplay and the mission format, ended up dropping it around mission 4 or so. I always wanted to get into DMC (I'm a fan of other Capcom games and DMC seems so cool) but the anime by Madhouse apparently isn't remotely similar to the games. Hope this adaptation is decent enough so that I and others who suck at action games can enjoy the story and aesthetics lol.

I recommend trying out Devil may cry 3. It takes place first chronologically and the gameplay is highly improved from the first and it still holds up to today. It also has the best story in my opinion
Sep 28, 2023 4:26 AM

Dec 2008
Jim92 said:
Nanashi86 said:

Isn't this made by a Korean studio? It's Asian, so I wonder if MAL will consider it Anime haha

Yeah, it's literally the same studio that did The Boondocks Season 4, Black Dynamite, and Avatar. I believe Boondocks Season 1-3 were by another Korean studio. They might, in order compete with others like Anilist. I personally don't want them to because I want this to be about anime as we've come to understand it and not just cartoons. Anime in Japan does just mean cartoon so The Simpsons would be called "anime". It's similar to sake which is alcohol or wine and not specifically rice wine from Japan. But then there is a way that these terms have come to be known as "cartoons" from Japan or "wine" from Japan made with rice or plums. They transcended the cultural zeitgeist. I think it's easier to maintain it must be by a Japanese studio because the alternative will leave you potentially open to all animation.
Sep 28, 2023 11:50 AM
Jul 2023
maybe this anime is remake version of old anime series
Sep 28, 2023 8:35 PM
Nov 2021
The original animation makes me wonder why this is blowing up.

Then again

Netflix made Cyberpunk Edgerunners
Sep 29, 2023 1:32 AM
Jun 2020
Triggerfish124 said:
The original animation makes me wonder why this is blowing up.

Then again

Netflix made Cyberpunk Edgerunners

I’m pretty sure Netflix didn’t make Edgerunners, they just got the rights to stream it exclusively. Trigger made Edgerunners. Similar to what is happening with this new DMC series and Castlevania prior to that
Sep 29, 2023 1:33 AM
Jun 2020
Galletita said:

I can’t speak for anybody but myself but I’m a pretty big DMC fan and I can’t wait for this. I thought the original DMC anime is quite good and from a production standpoint this surpasses that just from a snippet. All I ask is they keep it in the spirit of the games which really shouldn’t be too hard
Oct 1, 2023 5:38 AM

May 2022
i can't be the only 1 who totally forgot that this anime even existed when game was announced...right💀?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 4 Discussion

zippy - Feb 17, 2008

29 by Swiggy »»
Sep 2, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

martino - Jun 2, 2007

84 by Swiggy »»
Aug 31, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_edge_ - Sep 14, 2007

82 by JoshTheRi »»
Jul 31, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 9 Discussion

Sarcastic - Aug 19, 2007

21 by HazeShalom »»
Mar 5, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 3 Discussion

Lepchin - Jun 28, 2009

31 by Dj_Bus_Driver »»
Feb 12, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.