Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 21, 2023 11:13 PM
Dec 2016
Angglio_1 said:
If you want passionate JJK fans go to Twitter and maybe TikTok. MAL would make you think Jujutsu Kaisen is bad.
True that, MAL is the same community who keep making FMAB no. 1 like it's the best anime of all times. It's good but not that good. Can't expect that much from MAL fanbase, twitter & reddit is much better.
Jul 21, 2023 11:38 PM
Jan 2017
Angglio_1 said:
If you want passionate JJK fans go to Twitter and maybe TikTok. MAL would make you think Jujutsu Kaisen is bad.

I get what you’re saying but I didn’t want passionate fans, I kinda just wanted the masses hahaha like a general crowd opinion. And I stay away from Twitter so figured MAL was a decent option to get a broad look at things
Jul 21, 2023 11:40 PM
Feb 2023
sssmaraaa said:
Angglio_1 said:

I get what you’re saying but I didn’t want passionate fans, I kinda just wanted the masses hahaha like a general crowd opinion. And I stay away from Twitter so figured MAL was a decent option to get a broad look at things

Nahhh...MAL is not the general consensus. They definitely have some bias, as you read the replies here. They'll make you think JJK is some show, when in fact its the most watched show and best selling manga of the year.
Jul 21, 2023 11:47 PM
Jan 2017
Angglio_1 said:
sssmaraaa said:

Nahhh...MAL is not the general consensus. They definitely have some bias, as you read the replies here. They'll make you think JJK is some show, when in fact its the most watched show and best selling manga of the year.

Hmm at least looking at the votes, it went pretty much as I expected, although I thought fights would be in top 3. But apart from that, good fun entertainment and cool attractive characters was what I expected people to put at the top. Sure it’s not a perfect poll, as I too realized I could’ve put some more options, but I think it was to be expected that most people watch jjk just for the fun and not cause they connect with smth about it in particular. Basically that for most jjk watchers jjk isn’t that deep or they’re not that invested in it. Btw I’m saying this as someone to whom jjk is very personal and close to heart
Jul 21, 2023 11:52 PM
Dec 2020
Gildesh said:
keinboesewicht said:

i thought their gender wasnt known
This will be off the main topic but to answer that:

A real "Did I just assume their gender?" moment. Based on Jujutsu Kaisen's characters and their designs plus the mangaka's image on MAL (which is a self portrait) I though they were female.
Now after a quick search on google, I see that you're technically right. The official data is that their gender is unkown/unconfirmed/secret.
There seems to be much speculation about it.
Based on what I've seen so far, I'll keep assuming that they are female.
Kindly ignore that part in my previous comment though as I was mistaken and not factual.

i wasnt trying to correct you. rather i was curious if you had some information that i did not know.

thanks for clarifying tho
Jul 22, 2023 12:43 AM
May 2023
I know this is a lot and many of you are probably not going to read everything but I didn't realize I have a lot to say about this series until now. I started reading Jujutsu Kaisen because the premise sounded pretty cool to me. I also love how Itadori's goal is not to "become the strongest" Jujutsu Sorcerer, it's just to live by his grandfather's last words and live his life surrounded by friends and die as such. The different morals behind Jujutsu Kaisen increased my love for it as I read it. My most favorite one being "you can't save everyone." This is played in a lot of series but I really like how Gege tackled it in JJK because I see it as two types of "can't be saved." MANGA SPOILERS INCOMING -------------> One is saving those from death. Itadori couldn't save Junpei or Nanami, Gojo had to risk the citizens's lives in Shibuya to handle Jogo and Hanami, and Geto couldn't save Riko from dying. You see how it affects each character and drives the plot. I also like how you can't save people from falling down to another path. Geto questioning his own ideology and deciding to change how he saw the relationship between Jujutsu Sorcerers and the world. Then Gojo realizing that he could not save his best friend from being the villain he became. On the other hand, you have people like Sukuna, Kenjaku, and Mahito that want nothing but to watch the world burn to ash (I know Sukuna and Mahito are cursed spirits but my point still stands) Besides the deep and meaningful aspects I love, I really like how Gege brings Jujutsu down to earth and weaves in science and mathematics into the techniques used. Last thing are his captions. I personally enjoy Gege's captions letting us in on who did what and how. They are truly iconic in my eyes and one of the primary reasons why I prefer the manga over the anime. I love both regardless though. It is truly a great series and is one of my top favorite animanga.
Jul 22, 2023 4:31 AM
Feb 2018
I don't know but I am feeling bored, I have watched the season 1.
Jul 22, 2023 5:24 AM
Jan 2017
J_Sutaringu said:
I know this is a lot and many of you are probably not going to read everything but I didn't realize I have a lot to say about this series until now. I started reading Jujutsu Kaisen because the premise sounded pretty cool to me. I also love how Itadori's goal is not to "become the strongest" Jujutsu Sorcerer, it's just to live by his grandfather's last words and live his life surrounded by friends and die as such. The different morals behind Jujutsu Kaisen increased my love for it as I read it. My most favorite one being "you can't save everyone." This is played in a lot of series but I really like how Gege tackled it in JJK because I see it as two types of "can't be saved." MANGA SPOILERS INCOMING -------------> One is saving those from death. Itadori couldn't save Junpei or Nanami, Gojo had to risk the citizens's lives in Shibuya to handle Jogo and Hanami, and Geto couldn't save Riko from dying. You see how it affects each character and drives the plot. I also like how you can't save people from falling down to another path. Geto questioning his own ideology and deciding to change how he saw the relationship between Jujutsu Sorcerers and the world. Then Gojo realizing that he could not save his best friend from being the villain he became. On the other hand, you have people like Sukuna, Kenjaku, and Mahito that want nothing but to watch the world burn to ash (I know Sukuna and Mahito are cursed spirits but my point still stands) Besides the deep and meaningful aspects I love, I really like how Gege brings Jujutsu down to earth and weaves in science and mathematics into the techniques used. Last thing are his captions. I personally enjoy Gege's captions letting us in on who did what and how. They are truly iconic in my eyes and one of the primary reasons why I prefer the manga over the anime. I love both regardless though. It is truly a great series and is one of my top favorite animanga.

Honestly it was such a joy to read this. I feel similarly to you about jjk, particularly about the part regarding not being able to save everyone, and both aspects you mentioned. One of my favorite things about jjk is reflected in yuuji’s character arc as well, (SPOILER) mainly his development from being a kid with somewhat of a hero complex to him actually understanding the world he lives in and that he is not some virtuous savior but rather ‘a cog in the machine of retribution’. I am referring mainly to his development because for a lot of the other sorcerers we see them after having that realization themselves - nanami, gojo, geto, megumi - and choosing their respective paths after having had this realization - nanami initially drowns in a meaningless life but then realizes the little good he can bring to others matters to him, gojo wants to change the system that causes all this pain by raising strong comrades, geto wants to have sorcerers live in a world where they don’t have to sacrifice their lives for non-sorcerers, and megumi realizes it’s enough to save those he deems good by his own moral compass. The story of jjk at times feels to me like a story about how people make peace with the ugliness of their world, and that one of the things I love most about it. That’s why 2 of my favorite lines are delivered by gojo and geto respectively at the end of the premature death arc, when gojo realizes that dispite being the strongest, he can’t save everyone as he couldn’t save his best friend, and when geto wonder “if life as a jujutsu sorcerer is like running a marathon, what if all that awaits at the end of that road is a mountain of our fellow sorcerers’ corpses” (or smth like that). (/SPOILER)
Anyways this turned out longer than I expected and it might be beyond what you yourself find appealing about jjk but I wanted to share! There’s also plenty of other stuff to say, but what you shared inspired me to add this :)))
Jul 22, 2023 6:34 AM

Aug 2020
sssmaraaa said:
I had an interesting discussion with a friend today so I wanted to do a little scouting for information. I know this is not gonna be accurate scientific inquiry, but I'd love to hear why you watch (or read) jjk. Don't know if I need to say this but please be as honest as you can! Also, if you dropped the show or don't like jjk for any reason there is no need to vote, here I am curious about those who enjoy the anime/manga in some capacity. I  am also interested in hearing your expectations or predictions about the results of the poll, I too have my own, so I find this an interesting topic. 

Ngl it’s a mix of what’s going to happen next, characters( I like the way how they look and they way how they act like), and for the fights.
Jul 22, 2023 7:55 AM
May 2023
sssmaraaa said:
J_Sutaringu said:

Honestly it was such a joy to read this. I feel similarly to you about jjk, particularly about the part regarding not being able to save everyone, and both aspects you mentioned. One of my favorite things about jjk is reflected in yuuji’s character arc as well, (SPOILER) mainly his development from being a kid with somewhat of a hero complex to him actually understanding the world he lives in and that he is not some virtuous savior but rather ‘a cog in the machine of retribution’. I am referring mainly to his development because for a lot of the other sorcerers we see them after having that realization themselves - nanami, gojo, geto, megumi - and choosing their respective paths after having had this realization - nanami initially drowns in a meaningless life but then realizes the little good he can bring to others matters to him, gojo wants to change the system that causes all this pain by raising strong comrades, geto wants to have sorcerers live in a world where they don’t have to sacrifice their lives for non-sorcerers, and megumi realizes it’s enough to save those he deems good by his own moral compass. The story of jjk at times feels to me like a story about how people make peace with the ugliness of their world, and that one of the things I love most about it. That’s why 2 of my favorite lines are delivered by gojo and geto respectively at the end of the premature death arc, when gojo realizes that dispite being the strongest, he can’t save everyone as he couldn’t save his best friend, and when geto wonder “if life as a jujutsu sorcerer is like running a marathon, what if all that awaits at the end of that road is a mountain of our fellow sorcerers’ corpses” (or smth like that). (/SPOILER)
Anyways this turned out longer than I expected and it might be beyond what you yourself find appealing about jjk but I wanted to share! There’s also plenty of other stuff to say, but what you shared inspired me to add this :)))

You went through stuff that I didn't really think of. I almost forgot about those Geto and Gojo quotes because when I was first reading them, they hit really hard.
Jul 22, 2023 7:55 AM
Jun 2021
all of the above. My top 1 animanga for a reason
Jul 22, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2021
fights, popularity, Gojo Satoru lol, entertainment.

Yeah ig that's it.
Jul 23, 2023 3:00 PM

Sep 2017
It's fun to mindlessly waste mind on
خ
Jul 23, 2023 3:26 PM

Aug 2020
Cool fights and battles, girls are nice, aesthetics are pleasing.

Jul 23, 2023 4:56 PM

Mar 2021
No particular reason. I was kind of curious about what kind of story it was, and it was serialized in a Shonen Jump magazine that I had just received from someone.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

556 by Marckye »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 23, 2023

356 by 0217 »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jul 5, 2023

570 by LordJesse777 »»
Jun 15, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 19, 2023

411 by Ronielew123 »»
Jun 14, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 21, 2023

339 by Alkibiades404 »»
Jun 12, 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.