Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2023 7:07 PM
Dec 2020
Firstly i want to let you all know that I enjoy very much this season 2 and I think that Mappa is delivering one of its strongest projects. Episode 3 was a good with some amazing moments thanks to the episode director and all the staff, from the music departament to all the animators. But still... I think that Toji's fight was somehow underwhelming. 

I want to talk about the good parts first. K1ro's sequence (gojo using blue) was godly, peak of animation. I don't know animator s name, but the cuts when toji was jumping around from a tree to another were very cool animated but I wouldn't consider them part of the actual fighting. There are some other cuts where Toji is thrown through the buildings because of Gojo s attack, they were also good with some nice background animation. Well... Then it's the final part of the fight where Gojo is getting sliced and stabbed by the madman. It looked very brutal, toji quick movements looked great, but there were also some parts that were slowed down, and it's nothing wrong with that but I noticed a trend in Mappa's work(especially CSM) where some fast moments are suddenly slowed down in the middle of the sction. 

I know there will a part 2 of this fight but for today's episode that was everything. I want to remember you all that Toji s fight vs Gojo is one of the most amazing and cool fights of this battle shounen series in the manga. And personally I don't believe the fight we saw today was on that level. The fight was defined by few amazing moments, but some of them were really short and overall all these sequences made the action just better than what we saw in ep2 when our characters fight some nobodies. A lot of fans, me included, expected an internet breaking fight, but except of kiro s work, I don't think it was on that level. Comparing with some of the most memorable shounen fights in last 10 years, this fight didn't do very much, was short and was mostly helped by the shock value. 
Jul 20, 2023 7:32 PM
Nov 2019
I think it’s too early to say that considering that the fight isn’t finished yet which will be next episode.
Jul 20, 2023 7:49 PM
Jul 2021
If you want to Talk about a show abusing slow motion then it’s demon slayer not CSM
Jul 20, 2023 7:52 PM

Mar 2021
It's kinda sad that you had to start with such a long monologue just to defend yourself. But honestly, I don't think that will stop the mindless repliers.
Incoming "your eyes are ass" and "you know nothing about animation" comments.

I agree with you, though. This fight was a bit underwhelming, like I mentioned before. It felt chaotic and lacked the impact I was hoping for. They might have overdone some things. Plus, most people think this fight is one of the best in the manga, but I don't think it lived up to that reputation. 
They did such a great job animating the second episode of this season, so I really hope they manage to fix these issues in the upcoming episodes.

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jul 20, 2023 7:56 PM
Jun 2022
SAT_KUMAR said:
It's kinda sad that you had to start with such a long monologue just to defend yourself. But honestly, I don't think that will stop the mindless repliers.

I agree with you, though. This fight was a bit underwhelming, like I mentioned before. It felt chaotic and lacked the impact I was hoping for. They might have overdone some things. Plus, most people think this fight is one of the best in the manga, but I don't think it lived up to that reputation. 
They did such a great job animating the second episode of this season, so I really hope they manage to fix these issues in the upcoming episodes.

yeah he/she had to write all that just to avoid getting backlashed. but we all know that'll still happen
Jul 20, 2023 8:00 PM
Jun 2020
SAT_KUMAR said:

True it felt a bit off considering MAPPA is animating this , they did pretty good job last season fight scenes. Like Itadori & Todo Vs Hanami. Jujutsu kaisen rei also had well animated fight scenes. Considering it was Gojo's fight could have been more better not complaining but MAPPA is a really good studio they have delivered many good animes.
Jul 20, 2023 8:28 PM
Aug 2016
The fight isnt even over what are you complaining for ?
Jul 20, 2023 8:30 PM
Aug 2022
MoonSplitter said:
Firstly i want to let you all know that I enjoy very much this season 2 and I think that Mappa is delivering one of its strongest projects. Episode 3 was a good with some amazing moments thanks to the episode director and all the staff, from the music departament to all the animators. But still... I think that Toji's fight was somehow underwhelming. 

I want to talk about the good parts first. K1ro's sequence (gojo using blue) was godly, peak of animation. I don't know animator s name, but the cuts when toji was jumping around from a tree to another were very cool animated but I wouldn't consider them part of the actual fighting. There are some other cuts where Toji is thrown through the buildings because of Gojo s attack, they were also good with some nice background animation. Well... Then it's the final part of the fight where Gojo is getting sliced and stabbed by the madman. It looked very brutal, toji quick movements looked great, but there were also some parts that were slowed down, and it's nothing wrong with that but I noticed a trend in Mappa's work(especially CSM) where some fast moments are suddenly slowed down in the middle of the sction. 

I know there will a part 2 of this fight but for today's episode that was everything. I want to remember you all that Toji s fight vs Gojo is one of the most amazing and cool fights of this battle shounen series in the manga. And personally I don't believe the fight we saw today was on that level. The fight was defined by few amazing moments, but some of them were really short and overall all these sequences made the action just better than what we saw in ep2 when our characters fight some nobodies. A lot of fans, me included, expected an internet breaking fight, but except of kiro s work, I don't think it was on that level. Comparing with some of the most memorable shounen fights in last 10 years, this fight didn't do very much, was short and was mostly helped by the shock value. 

bro the fight didn't even finish why TF are u commenting on it already it's just round 1 which is abt a chapter long in manga which is too short compared to other fights , the fight is hyped up but it's very short it's not even in the top 5 fights of jjk in scale it's just the moment is great not the whole fight and the fight isnt even over and u are already fking dissapointed
Jul 20, 2023 8:48 PM
Aug 2021
Idk I feel like it felt just as short in the manga, the real fight hasn’t started like you said so length isn’t the issue. And you said the animation and execution was spot on as well. So what really was the underwhelming part?
Jul 20, 2023 9:04 PM

Apr 2021
Everything you're describing here sounds like a problem more on you having too high expectations for this fight. I don't read the manga, but this fight was really short and it seemed like the intent was more so on showing the idea of the existance of someone who could take down Gojo without cursed energy, and not the spectacle of the fight itself.
Jul 20, 2023 9:09 PM
Dec 2020
MoonSplitter said:

I don't blame you but it was more disappointing in manga. Anime has elaborated the scenes from manga but there's not any actual fight just toji comes and destroy gojo.
I also have problems with this arc regarding fights because they're very short.
And if they don't extend the fights in next episode then it will be also just like this episode's fight.

Also don't expect any hand to hand combat sequences because there aren't in this arc.
Jul 20, 2023 9:39 PM
Jul 2022
Man people are being dumber and dumber. Complaining about something before it's even finished, my god we are only 3 episodes in.
Jul 20, 2023 10:02 PM
Jan 2022
SAT_KUMAR said:

This isn’t even the fight everyone is talking about saying how it’s the best, that’s next episode my guy.
Jul 20, 2023 10:13 PM
Feb 2020
so you expected it to be a typical drawn-out shonen fight when it wasn't meant to be one
Jul 20, 2023 10:43 PM
Jul 2021
RooWrld said:
The fight isnt even over what are you complaining for ?

It mayn't have overed yet but a comment can be developed after watching first fight between Gojo and Toji !! it may do well it in future sequence but the first portion of fight is indeed a underwhelming fight !!
Creepy_Realm_Jul 21, 2023 2:17 AM
Jul 20, 2023 10:48 PM
Jul 2021
DexterDrubo said:
Man people are being dumber and dumber. Complaining about something before it's even finished, my god we are only 3 episodes in.

He was talking about that following portion of fight which has been released till now, ig !! so ; the subsequent fight scenes may be fascinating but it mayn't fully able to cancel out the following fighting scenes between Toji and Gojo !! and he isn't dumb as he pointed out something obvious thing !!
Jul 20, 2023 11:31 PM
Jun 2021
I can’t believe people can live with this much hatred in their hearts
Jul 20, 2023 11:51 PM
Aug 2021
Oongbuh said:
Everything you're describing here sounds like a problem more on you having too high expectations for this fight. I don't read the manga, but this fight was really short and it seemed like the intent was more so on showing the idea of the existance of someone who could take down Gojo without cursed energy, and not the spectacle of the fight itself.

What this guy said☝️👍.
Jul 21, 2023 12:09 AM

Oct 2015
no surprise this thread is filled with faceless mindless shounen fans who barely post on forum all circlejerking
because someone goes against the mindless drone that is praising a series
cause just enjoying a series is so heisei
we're in reiwa now
need to shit on everything, even stuff we like so we cna be accepted into the critic circle and be seen as smart
😔
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jul 21, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2021
It’s barely the first part of the fight Jesus Christ fing gosh damn people are really complaining about the first part of the fight acting like we’re on the 3rd phase of the which is where I’ll save my judgment, just calm down people really are getting dumber and whiny, my fellow weebs included….
Jul 21, 2023 2:14 AM

Aug 2019
Sunghoo Park is gone. The new art-style as well as OST are but a shadow of S1. This whole season of JJK is underwhelming. And thats because MAPPA have set out to animate anything and everything under the sun.
Jul 21, 2023 2:22 AM
May 2019
btech2009 said:
Sunghoo Park is gone. The new art-style as well as OST are but a shadow of S1. This whole season of JJK is underwhelming. And thats because MAPPA have set out to animate anything and everything under the sun.

ur out of ur mind, this season is incredible
Jul 21, 2023 3:45 AM
作画

Nov 2019
the same fucking thread again

btech2009 said:
Sunghoo Park is gone.
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Jul 21, 2023 4:07 AM
Apr 2022
There is nothing disappointing about the Gojo vs Toji battle. What needs to be disappointed is that the battle is too short. But this is natural because they adapted 3 manga chapters in 1 episode.Because Gojo's past arc will end in episode 5
Jul 21, 2023 8:00 AM
Oct 2022
I was gonna jump on this thread and complain about people not appreciating what they have based on the title. Then I watched the episode and read the actual comment. It's fair. Yes, "The fights not done yet," but the scene is, and it can stand alone for critique. This is a fair one. Not a bad scene at all, just not as amazing as we have grown to expect. It's also just a result of all the good eating we've had the last few years. It's hard to continuously push the envelope and amaze people, but eventually someone will do it again. Let's see if it'll be in this season of this show.
Jul 21, 2023 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
Gojo vs Toji isn't even top 5 best fight in JJK's manga. It's a few panels with barely any fight choreography. People really complain to complain week in week out.
Jul 21, 2023 9:06 AM
May 2018
Also keep in mind that for some reason this season has ghosting, which sucks all the fun out of fast paced animation.
Jul 21, 2023 1:15 PM

Apr 2021
punpu said:
Also keep in mind that for some reason this season has ghosting, which sucks all the fun out of fast paced animation.

Apparently, that's because the timeslot changed.
Jul 23, 2023 5:53 AM

May 2021
although i am really liking the style overall,but i have tk admit that this is definitely not suited for fight scenes,toji was too goofy.
Jul 23, 2023 1:36 PM
Jul 2023
MrRathore007 said:
SAT_KUMAR said:

True it felt a bit off considering MAPPA is animating this , they did pretty good job last season fight scenes. Like Itadori & Todo Vs Hanami. Jujutsu kaisen rei also had well animated fight scenes. Considering it was Gojo's fight could have been more better not complaining but MAPPA is a really good studio they have delivered many good animes.
u probably enjoy firework shows with dogshit direction and sb-s
Jul 23, 2023 1:38 PM
Jul 2023
btech2009 said:
the piss filter and the dogshit 3D background was better in S1 tbf

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

556 by Marckye »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 23, 2023

356 by 0217 »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jul 5, 2023

570 by LordJesse777 »»
Jun 15, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 19, 2023

411 by Ronielew123 »»
Jun 14, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 21, 2023

339 by Alkibiades404 »»
Jun 12, 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.