Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2023 2:59 PM

Oct 2021
MoonSplitter said:
I agree with the fact that right now chainsaw man is far from its most glorious days. And as a big fan of chainsaw man part 1, I wondered myself what could be the reason for that. Well so far a lot(if not all) of things already listed in this post are kinda true.. I would add that the series fails to find replacements for characters as makima, aki, and power... The new ones are not that interesting, and the series kinda suffer because of this type of big changes.

Well.. to stop my disappointment about this series I stopped reading it and I decided to let fujimoto cook and come back when this part is over. So far, he never missed with his stories so I suppose it's too early to judge and probably he has something big planned. The series was in hiatus for 2 years, and even if he was busy with his one shots i bet he was thinking a lot about this part 2 and what he want to do. Maybe I am coping way too much but... Maybe he knows what he is doing and we need to be patient.

But again, I agree that this part 2 so far hasn't best start.

I agree with you: Makima, Power, and Aki can never be replaced with any Part 2 characters.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 11, 2023 3:02 PM

Oct 2021
Yogen-No-Ko said:
I might be in the minority thinking this but I kinda don't like Asa... atleast not as the protagonist. I much prefered Denji because he was such a huge weirdo but still loveable. While I think Aki, Power and Makima's demises were handled perfectly in Part 1, you really start to feel their absence now. The dynamic between Denji, Power and Aki was pretty much perfect and arguably my favourite shounen trio. Part 2 also just feels incredibly aimless, like Fujimoto has no plan at all where he wants to take the story which is a pretty big problem in my opinion. Another guy above me already mentioned that Part 2 also almost feels like Fujimoto didn't even write it and I have to say I can totally see that. The first like 2 chapters or so of Part 2 were pretty dope tho and felt like CSM through and through.

I don't know man, Part 2 just feels so off to the point where I've put the series on hold for now. I will read again as soon as Part 2 is complete or atleast almost complete. Maybe being able to read it in one go will make it feel better.

The absence of Power, Aki, and Makima can truly be felt now in Part 2 (a sequel that doesn't seem Fujimoto wrote it). 🙁 This is the best description to describe my disappointment in Part 2.

Marianne

Jul 11, 2023 4:04 PM

Oct 2021
nyugvo6 said:
part1: bad things happen to characters you like
aka things you don't want happen, and you like it (because you care about the characters.)

part2: good things happen to characters you dislike
things you want to happen, happen and you hate it. (denji is getting worse, new characters suck.)

be honest, didn't you wish for denji to live a good life? to have a gf and be able to experience school?
part2 was written current year netflix/movie style where you have to wait until the last minute for the part you wanted to see.
aka the director takes your enjoyment away in order to force you into a state of mind where you'll appreciate the scraps of joy he leaves you with.
it's a disgusting practice.

Nice way to put it: enjoy what we have because we don't know when sh*t will happen!! 😩

Marianne

Jul 27, 2023 12:54 AM
SHINING FINGER!!

Dec 2014
I don't necessarily dislike part 2, but I have a number of things I don't like about part 2 as well as the potential rest of the series.
I was hoping at the very least a few of the main characters from part one would live...Instead the only one that lived was the one that was the antagonist who had manipulated Denji and so many others.
The new characters in part 2 so far are quite bland to me...Sure, they're more normal than the ones in part 1, but to me that makes them boring. Power's personality made part 1 more enjoyable. There's no new character as funny or enjoyable in part 2 as her.
Also, after part 1, why get interested in any of the characters, knowing they'll likely all die anyway before they get fully fleshed out as a character? 
It is literally like what Denji and Makima talked about after watching that "sad" movie, and Makima said it was boring when the movie seemed to be trying too hard to make the audience cry. What she said essentially seems to be what is happening here. It is as if he's trying too hard to make the story a bleak one where everyone dies, including all the best characters.
Currently, Denji has been doing some battles, and stuff has been going on, but it all seems...empty. Sure, it may all come together into some big battle, but what then? Everyone dies?
Just seems it went entirely downhill after part 1. Are we going to get another character that is actually likable? It has been awhile since part 2 started, yet no new intriguing character has been introduced. So is all of part 2 just going to consist of Denji and boring characters? Aside from Nayuta being around, I suppose...
I am hoping for character development before the character gets killed off, and that it can get back to the level of good that it was. 
"Whatever you lose, you’ll find it again. But what you throw away you’ll never get back."
-- HIMURA KENSHIN 

Jul 27, 2023 9:22 AM

Aug 2011
early on CSM was always in the middle/low ranking in jump, it definitely took a while to get traction and that's partly due to how slow the beginning felt. i enjoyed it weekly but when i read it in one go i enjoyed it way more, i didn't feel like there were any pacing issues and it was a lot easier to remember plot points/characters.
Jul 28, 2023 10:38 PM
Sep 2021
It literally became a slice of life manga☠️
Jul 29, 2023 3:59 AM
Sep 2018
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

One of the biggest L take from so-called "Shonen's fans". Chainsaw Man is never a battle Shonen like JJK or every generic mainstream Shonen Manga you've read, it's a Character-driven story, not a Plot-driven one. Tell me, what makes Vinland Saga so damn good even after its Prologue, which was a non-stop action before Askeladd got killed by Canute?
Seriously, if you're just here for its action, for your own good, just stick to Shonen
Jul 29, 2023 4:06 AM

Apr 2015
part 2 of chainsaw man is like a shart in a can 
my guy fujimoto completely unironically lost the plot and all else in p2 
tbdesu part 1 was kind of mid too
that makes part 2 yabai
Jul 29, 2023 4:11 AM
Sep 2021
Nugi97 said:
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

One of the biggest L take from so-called "Shonen's fans". Chainsaw Man is never a battle Shonen like JJK or every generic mainstream Shonen Manga you've read, it's a Character-driven story, not a Plot-driven one. Tell me, what makes Vinland Saga so damn good even after its Prologue, which was a non-stop action before Askeladd got killed by Canute?
Seriously, if you're just here for its action, for your own good, just stick to Shonen

Part 1 of CSM is gore level of jjk, wym
Jul 29, 2023 9:25 PM
Sep 2018
OnePiece7Sh1 said:
Nugi97 said:

It shows how you don't get the main point of Chainsaw Man Part 1 at all as you only see its goriness and action. Does Chainsaw Man have unnecessary complicated power system? Does it become a sport commentary when there's an action or shit happened? And you're comparing the most compelling Shonen like JJK to CSM? I bet you don't even know the difference between Character-driven story and Plot-driven one to begin with. Try to understand Maslow's Hierarchy and Oedipus Complex first and you'll find how unorthodox and deconstotructive CSM story is in Shonen genre, especially Denji as a character
Jul 29, 2023 9:36 PM
Sep 2021
Nugi97 said:
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

It shows how you don't get the main point of Chainsaw Man Part 1 at all as you only see its goriness and action. Does Chainsaw Man have unnecessary complicated power system? Does it become a sport commentary when there's an action or shit happened? And you're comparing the most compelling Shonen like JJK to CSM? I bet you don't even know the difference between Character-driven story and Plot-driven one to begin with. Try to understand Maslow's Hierarchy and Oedipus Complex first and you'll find how unorthodox and deconstotructive CSM story is in Shonen genre, especially Denji as a character

But now CSM Part 2 makes no sense now
Jul 29, 2023 9:54 PM
Sep 2018
OnePiece7Sh1 said:
Nugi97 said:

Because you read it on weekly/biweekly basis, unlike on Part 1 when you could binge read it in a single day. What makes it no sense when Denji tries to fit in? Part 2 is literally called School Arc, so every dope shits like Four Horsemen (Yoru, Fami, and Death Devil), Nostradamus's Prophecy, CSM Society/Church, Fakesaw Man, and Yoshida are just additional events on how Denji and Asa deal with their own teenager's problem.

This is why you should try read Seinen once in while, too much daily Shonen on your lists make you think every story needs to be a non-stop battle Shonen to make its story good, but in reality, it's not
Jul 29, 2023 10:05 PM
Sep 2021
Nugi97 said:
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

Because you read it on weekly/biweekly basis, unlike on Part 1 when you could binge read it in a single day. What makes it no sense when Denji tries to fit in? Part 2 is literally called School Arc, so every dope shits like Four Horsemen (Yoru, Fami, and Death Devil), Nostradamus's Prophecy, CSM Society/Church, Fakesaw Man, and Yoshida are just additional events on how Denji and Asa deal with their own teenager's problem.

This is why you should try read Seinen once in while, too much daily Shonen on your lists make you think every story needs to be a non-stop battle Shonen to make its story good, but in reality, it's not

Denji licking a tentacle, yeah, normal....☠️
Jul 30, 2023 6:38 PM

Oct 2021
I like Chainsaw Man but I've never thought that it was a masterpiece or anything like that. I think people see PT 2 as slow and boring because it is, but so was most of PT 1. The difference being that now having tasted the high that is the last bits of PT 1 people are starved for more. It's contrasting in the wrong places. It also might be somewhat of a "say it and believe it" type of thing too because PT2 is recognized as a separate part instead of a continuation after a hiatus. In a regular story the story itself never stops, even if the author is on hiatus the story itself can still seem like one whole thing. Whereas Chainsaw Man is split into two, this makes people put them into different categories instead of just one. So if PT 2 is boring you'll just remember when PT 1 wasn't boring, kind of like a sequel to a video game. The Rose-Tinted Glasses are heightened.
Jul 31, 2023 2:49 AM
Oct 2009
Part 1 shouldve just been stretched a lot more and been the whole story, it feels like that was the plan originally but the author kept going because chainsaw man is so popular
Jul 31, 2023 6:41 PM
Dec 2021
Yosakusan said:
I think people forget that part 1 only got really good in the later half. Part 2 feels worse because people expect that hype to continue but Fujimoto has to start telling a new story and to do that the pacing is the same as the begining of part 1. Once we get to the halfway point of this arc is when I think the plot will go back to the insane pacing of the end of part 1.
Yosakusan said:
I think people forget that part 1 only got really good in the later half. Part 2 feels worse because people expect that hype to continue but Fujimoto has to start telling a new story and to do that the pacing is the same as the begining of part 1. Once we get to the halfway point of this arc is when I think the plot will go back to the insane pacing of the end of part 1.
That's something I realized while watching the anime, the second half of part 1 is too good that makes you believe that the first half was perfect when it wasn't.
Jul 31, 2023 6:46 PM
Dec 2021
OnePiece7Sh1 said:
Nugi97 said:

you're not answering anything
Jul 31, 2023 6:48 PM
Sep 2021
Lamborghini24 said:
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

No one asked, lil bro😂🙏🏻
Jul 31, 2023 6:49 PM
Dec 2021
OnePiece7Sh1 said:
Lamborghini24 said:

No one asked, lil bro😂🙏🏻
nobody asked your opinion too, but here we are.
Aug 1, 2023 12:56 PM

Nov 2018
I don't dislike the second part, but i kind of feel like it's going nowhere?
It feels like the series entered some kind of loop

1) asa and yoru makes plan to kill denji
2)it fails
3)hilarity ensues
4)rinse and repeat

But i guess we are finally breaking out of this "arc". Which is good
Aug 14, 2023 3:13 AM

Dec 2009
I haven't read part 2, but I'm in the miniority who feels that this manga is overrated and his worst manga.

I'm a fan of Fujimoto, but I hate how messy Chainsaw Man is.
Denji is detestable. I hate him. He's not funny either. A perverted idiot male teenager protagonist in a world of devils with a extraordinary legendary power is shit. Rather, he's shit.
Makima, overpowered seemingly unbeatable "villain" gets "easily" defeated after we see her true power. That was disappointing.
There's a lack of world building.

The action is great. From the variety of techniques and power, I love that. The battles are epic, but... I hate Denji so much and how irrational or illogical the plots are. 
There's also a lack of world building to explaining their abilities or devils themselves.
The plots progress randomly from one to the next with no proper rationality of events and logic. Action and threats just abruptly occur. That's flawed.

So, with all those flaws, this manga is really bad to me.
Although, I do wonder how great or mediocre is the truth of Denji's devil and the original Chainsaw Man. 
Is Pochita a god of some sort? If so, that plot could be great, because that's intriguing. Unfortunately, if that's the case, there's barely any hints to it.

I don't know when I'll resume Chainsaw Man, but I'm glad to read Denji isn't the main character anymore.
It's still weird that Makima died with... some different lesser being of her was born instead or whatever, I forget... but it'd be cool if she comes back through Asa. That'd be great. 

So... my assumption is that maybe Part 2 is exposing how messy Chainsaw Man is now that people aren't deluded by the action and bad "comedy".
But... if it somehow fixes the flaws of Part 1 with twists that resurface from it, like Pochita or Makima coming back, and establishes the world of devils... maybe it'll become "good".
Because in my opinion, Part 1 was "subpar" for its flaws.
Aug 14, 2023 3:46 PM

May 2022
i really do believe that a lot of the ""hate"" that part 2 has been getting is primarily from readers who binge-read part 1 and are now reading part 2 weekly. literally almost every person ive seen complain about part 2 is one of these people. and, obviously there's nothing wrong with disliking part 2 or having criticisms in regards to it, but yeah, the phenomenon is kinda obvious.

on a personal level, my 2 major """"issues"""" with part 2 are the pacing and cast. my issue with the pacing is that, at least reading week-to-week, it can be kind of erratic/inconsistent at times. and, in regards to the cast, asa and denji have been amazing so far but thats kind of it for long-lasting characters. yoshida i personally find intriguing but mildy uninteresting, and fami is also intriguing but has barely had any time to be developed. also i do have to mention yuko, i loved her despite her short amount of screentime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 165 Discussion

jas-samaaa - May 14

49 by satyrelfheim »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 164 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 30

43 by satyrelfheim »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

50 by satyrelfheim »»
60 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

44 by satyrelfheim »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 161 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Apr 2

54 by satyrelfheim »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.