Forum Settings
Forums

There is no wrong and right way to watch anime, am I wrong?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 20, 2023 11:47 PM

Nov 2018
WTF, I took your words at face value and you now owe me a new toaster and $4,300 worth of skin grafts for the 3rd degree burns to my testicles.

There most certainly IS a wrong way to watch anime.
MeltingSkyJun 22, 2023 6:46 AM
Jun 20, 2023 11:55 PM
Sep 2022
Thank you to all the friends who commented, I read them all. I didn't think my question would get that much interaction. There are people who think differently, but most of them wrote that there was no problem with my viewing style.
Jun 21, 2023 12:00 AM
Sep 2022
and most of them agree with me that there is no right or wrong way to watch anime, it just needs to be enjoyed
Jun 21, 2023 5:38 AM

Oct 2016
OdinPayne said:
I want to start new ones before I finish the animes I'm watching right now, no matter how full my watching list is.
I've asked here before. most people say that your way of watching anime is not correct. They say you should watch less anime at the same time. I watch for pleasure. Some say you watch not for pleasure, but to fill your completed list. Why is it wrong to watch too many anime at the same time for pleasure, is there a right or wrong way to watch anime?
Could you imagine someone telling you the correct way to eat an icecream for optimal enjoyment? 
Jun 21, 2023 6:08 AM

Nov 2019
Oh fuck off, you have been wrong ever since putting on this wall of text.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 21, 2023 6:22 AM
Sep 2022
Felkyr said:
OdinPayne said:
I want to start new ones before I finish the animes I'm watching right now, no matter how full my watching list is.
I've asked here before. most people say that your way of watching anime is not correct. They say you should watch less anime at the same time. I watch for pleasure. Some say you watch not for pleasure, but to fill your completed list. Why is it wrong to watch too many anime at the same time for pleasure, is there a right or wrong way to watch anime?
Could you imagine someone telling you the correct way to eat an icecream for optimal enjoyment? 
of course no, if there was such a person, it would be weird for me
Jun 21, 2023 6:23 AM

Mar 2016
There is a wrong and right way to watch anime, here I'll tell you...

Who cares? Watch it however you want, why do you care so much about how people watch anime?
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Jun 21, 2023 7:02 AM
Sep 2022
Gensouori said:
There is a wrong and right way to watch anime, here I'll tell you...

Who cares? Watch it however you want, why do you care so much about how people watch anime?
you're right, is there anyone watching like me, I wonder how many of us are watching like this. I asked. I don't care what anyone says because that's how I watch it. I wouldn't care if I was the only person in the world who watches too many anime at once. because that's how i enjoy it and this is my way of watching if you take a look at my account i started watching as i want
Jun 21, 2023 7:27 AM

Jun 2020
I don't know, that sounds like no-life people problems only.
Jun 21, 2023 7:57 AM
Sep 2022
chocomayu said:
I don't know, that sounds like no-life people problems only.
Can you open it up for me to understand please the lifeless person and the problem
Jun 21, 2023 8:38 AM
Aug 2013
There is wrong ways to watch anime

- In the wrong order
- Skipping important episodes
- Watching the least correct versions to the original (dubs, fansubs, etc...if the words are changed so much it's not the same)
- Reading the manga before watching the anime (spoiling the anime for yourself)
- Not watching the anime from the start and watching other episodes such as fight scenes that may spoil it

And in some rare cases like the tatami galaxy, bakemonogatari and saiki kusou the talking is way too fast so the correct way to watch it would be by slowing it down in 0.7x speed but not many people do this they watch it wrong

As for how many anime and episodes you watch at a time, it's up to you. But why not have a consistent routine? that usually helps. I find there isn't a single person in the world who doesn't have the spare time to watch 3 episodes an hour for at least 3-5 hours a day. And whether you choose to watch 15 episodes of the same anime or 1 episode of 15 different anime it doesn't really matter. The more you watch is better really because you'll go through the anime faster and be able to watch more anime so it's always better. 

As for binge watching anime, some anime are not easy to binge and can be mentally exhausting to watch. Whilst some anime are so good if you binge it all you'll have nothing left to watch so with the really good anime you may want to take your time with it to enjoy it for longer. 
AnimeDownUnderJun 21, 2023 8:41 AM
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jun 21, 2023 9:43 AM
Sep 2022
AnimeDownUnder said:
There is wrong ways to watch anime

- In the wrong order
- Skipping important episodes
- Watching the least correct versions to the original (dubs, fansubs, etc...if the words are changed so much it's not the same)
- Reading the manga before watching the anime (spoiling the anime for yourself)
- Not watching the anime from the start and watching other episodes such as fight scenes that may spoil it

And in some rare cases like the tatami galaxy, bakemonogatari and saiki kusou the talking is way too fast so the correct way to watch it would be by slowing it down in 0.7x speed but not many people do this they watch it wrong

As for how many anime and episodes you watch at a time, it's up to you. But why not have a consistent routine? that usually helps. I find there isn't a single person in the world who doesn't have the spare time to watch 3 episodes an hour for at least 3-5 hours a day. And whether you choose to watch 15 episodes of the same anime or 1 episode of 15 different anime it doesn't really matter. The more you watch is better really because you'll go through the anime faster and be able to watch more anime so it's always better. 

As for binge watching anime, some anime are not easy to binge and can be mentally exhausting to watch. Whilst some anime are so good if you binge it all you'll have nothing left to watch so with the really good anime you may want to take your time with it to enjoy it for longer. 
As you say you get bored when anime is scarce, it is better to watch 1 episode from 15 anime rather than 15 episodes in one anime.
Jun 21, 2023 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
Aside from the obvious stuff like "don't watch anime while you're driving," and anything that puts others and yourself in danger, you're free to watch anime however you like. But if we're only talking about the actual act of watching an anime, I would say that there are some wrong ways of watching anime:

- watching at super slow or fast speeds (like 0.25x speed or 10x speed for example)
- watching an anime backwards (watching from the last episode to the first episode, and/or watching all the scenes and dialogues in reverse)
- watching an anime in too small of a screen where you can barely see anything

There are likely other wrong ways to watch anime, but they're all pretty much a given and wouldn't need any mentioning. As for the people who say that you shouldn't watch anime for pleasure and should only watch anime to fill up your completed list, those people are considered outliers lol. The vast majority of anime fans in the world do not share the same motivations that those kinds of people do when it comes to watching anime. There's also nothing wrong with watching less or watching more anime; you should just go your own pace and watch however many you want. 
Jun 21, 2023 2:36 PM
Sep 2022
kusairo said:
Aside from the obvious stuff like "don't watch anime while you're driving," and anything that puts others and yourself in danger, you're free to watch anime however you like. But if we're only talking about the actual act of watching an anime, I would say that there are some wrong ways of watching anime:

- watching at super slow or fast speeds (like 0.25x speed or 10x speed for example)
- watching an anime backwards (watching from the last episode to the first episode, and/or watching all the scenes and dialogues in reverse)
- watching an anime in too small of a screen where you can barely see anything

There are likely other wrong ways to watch anime, but they're all pretty much a given and wouldn't need any mentioning. As for the people who say that you shouldn't watch anime for pleasure and should only watch anime to fill up your completed list, those people are considered outliers lol. The vast majority of anime fans in the world do not share the same motivations that those kinds of people do when it comes to watching anime. There's also nothing wrong with watching less or watching more anime; you should just go your own pace and watch however many you want. 
I completely agree with you. My objection is to those who say that the ways other than the ways you wrote are wrong, I don't care about those contrary people and I watch for pleasure, this is not a contest. When you watch less and watch more, you don't become a fan of anime any less or more.
Jun 21, 2023 2:56 PM

Aug 2018
Watching dub seems wrong to me. It's not just anime. I encourage people to watch whatever they watch in the original language.
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Jun 21, 2023 3:40 PM

Aug 2018
A wrong way to watch anime while stabbing someone with a knife. That'd be wrong, don't do it. 
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Jun 21, 2023 4:06 PM

Mar 2016
Why does it matter to you what other people think about the way you watch anime? Are you doing it to impress them? No? Then don't worry about it.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jun 21, 2023 4:07 PM

Mar 2016
Archean-Return said:
Are you infringing on someone? If not, then you're correct. No one's business how you watch anime. You can watch it at 10x speed while underwater, high, and surrounded by sharks if you want.

...Never mind, there is an objectively correct way to watch anime, and this is it.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jun 21, 2023 4:58 PM

Aug 2022
My little sister watches anime wrong. Not just anime, but everything. She will watch 5 seconds normally, then she skips 5 seconds ahead. Then she does it again. Then she skips a whole scene. Then she watches some scenes at 2x or 5x speed. Then she stops watching the second the ending song starts playing. Even if the episode isnt over...
A standard length epsiode takes her 10 minutes to complete. But she rewatches everything 2 or 3 times, so it all evens out(?)
Either way, it's wrong.
Jun 21, 2023 6:42 PM

Sep 2017
there isnt a right or wrong way to watch anime, just watch it how you like to 

Jun 21, 2023 9:48 PM
Sep 2022
OrenjiDono said:
My little sister watches anime wrong. Not just anime, but everything. She will watch 5 seconds normally, then she skips 5 seconds ahead. Then she does it again. Then she skips a whole scene. Then she watches some scenes at 2x or 5x speed. Then she stops watching the second the ending song starts playing. Even if the episode isnt over...
A standard length epsiode takes her 10 minutes to complete. But she rewatches everything 2 or 3 times, so it all evens out(?)
Either way, it's wrong.
Wrong but your sister enjoys it just as well
Jun 21, 2023 9:51 PM
Sep 2022
Noitora33 said:
Watching dub seems wrong to me. It's not just anime. I encourage people to watch whatever they watch in the original language.
I also watch everything with subtitles, but I respect those who watch dubbing, they like it dubbed tooBy the way I can't watch dubbing
Jun 21, 2023 9:55 PM
Sep 2022
Kiyomice said:
Why does it matter to you what other people think about the way you watch anime? Are you doing it to impress them? No? Then don't worry about it.
I'm not worried. and I don't care about anyone. And yes, I watch for pleasure, not to impress anyone.
Jun 21, 2023 9:57 PM
Sep 2022
Kiyomice said:
Archean-Return said:
Are you infringing on someone? If not, then you're correct. No one's business how you watch anime. You can watch it at 10x speed while underwater, high, and surrounded by sharks if you want.

...Never mind, there is an objectively correct way to watch anime, and this is it.
That's right, anyone can watch it however they want. and it's nobody's business
Jun 21, 2023 9:59 PM
Sep 2022
Kiyomice said:
I don't care what other people think of the way I watch anime I'm just asking
Jun 21, 2023 10:00 PM
Sep 2022
girltokyo said:
there isnt a right or wrong way to watch anime, just watch it how you like to 
You say right. I've been doing that since I started watching anime.
Jun 21, 2023 10:06 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah that probably falls apart when someone watches your favourite Anime mirrored through a filter on youtube in 3x speed and 144p resolution on a phone with a cracked screen during a loud and crowded train ride with the sun glaring without subs(doesn't understand the language) and then writes an essay to tell you how it's shit and you're an idiot for liking it.

I think generally you're right, in your case it's fine, but most things aren't absolute.
OchimushaJun 21, 2023 10:09 PM
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM
Sep 2022
KINOKOMORGUE said:
Yeah that probably falls apart when someone watches your favourite Anime mirrored through a filter on youtube in 3x speed and 144p resolution on a phone with a cracked screen during a loud and crowded train ride with the sun glaring without subs(doesn't understand the language) and then writes an essay to tell you how it's shit and you're an idiot for liking it.

I think generally you're right, in your case it's fine, but most things aren't absolute.
you're right until the end, I can't say anything to such extreme situations
Jun 22, 2023 12:54 AM

May 2021
I mean, if someone watches loads of anime (not releasing ones), then he doesn't enjoy them. Thats why he would start new one. 
Jun 22, 2023 1:07 AM
Sep 2022
KeyiOs said:
I mean, if someone watches loads of anime (not releasing ones), then he doesn't enjoy them. Thats why he would start new one. 
Watching a lot of anime is good in every way.
1. there is diversity
You act according to your mind, you don't have to wait for the other to finish to start one.

And I disagree with you. When there is less anime, I get bored even if I enjoy it. It's not because I don't like the anime I watch. Because there is less variety. If it's too much, I won't get bored. As a result, starting a new anime doesn't mean you don't like the previous one and get bored with it.
Jun 22, 2023 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
Eh... tbh I feel like a crime to watch anime from a phone ngl... yet everyone have a different way of enjoying things, so at the end why not to do what you like... 
Jun 22, 2023 4:08 AM
Sep 2022
beloved_elysia23 said:
Eh... tbh I feel like a crime to watch anime from a phone ngl... yet everyone have a different way of enjoying things, so at the end why not to do what you like... 
Watching on the phone gives the same pleasure, for me it is no different from the computer. and you're right everyone should watch it the way they like
Jun 23, 2023 2:37 PM

Mar 2016
OdinPayne said:
Kiyomice said:
I'm not worried. and I don't care about anyone. And yes, I watch for pleasure, not to impress anyone.

What is the point of this thread then? Genuinely asking what the motivation was.

Jun 24, 2023 12:38 AM
Sep 2022
Kiyomice said:
OdinPayne said:

What is the point of this thread then? Genuinely asking what the motivation was.
this question has no purpose and motivation I just wanted to ask and I asked
Jun 24, 2023 4:07 AM

Apr 2018
OdinPayne said:
Kiyomice said:

Why ask this question then? You've already made up your mind, and you don't seem interested in hearing other people's thoughts. If there really isn't a purpose behind this thread, why ask this question? You already have your answer.
Jun 24, 2023 4:21 AM
Sep 2021
I don't see any problem with seeing a lot, because I've already done that a lot. But of course, if you don't want to spoil the experience of watching a really good anime, I recommend focusing only on it.
Jun 24, 2023 4:36 AM
๐™ฟ๐™ฐ๐™ธ๐™ฝ

Feb 2023
There's no right or wrong way. Watch it on whatever device or platform you want, watch it in subs or dubs, watch whatever genres you fancy, etc. 

We should all be friendly and support each other in this common interest/hobby, but there are many superior snobs in the anime community stomping on those they feel are inferior.

Just yesterday I had someone send me a PM insulting me and refusing my friend request just because I prefer dubs. It was petty and really pissed me off because this person had to go out of their way to start that crap with me. 

It's a shame that we have to be so childish and cruel to one another over how we enjoy our anime.

๐™ธ ๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š  ๐š™๐šŠ๐š’๐š— • uฬฒmฬฒaฬฒiฬฒ • ๏พšαmßεη† ๏พšïgh† • ษช'แด แด€สŸสŸ ๊œฐษชส€แด‡แด… แดœแด˜ • ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜-๐ŸŸ • ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฉ
๐™„'๐™‡๐™‡ ๐™†๐™„๐™‡๐™‡ ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€๐™ˆ ๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‡ • ๐’ฏ๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’ ๐’œ๐‘”๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰ • ๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐”๐ฅ๐ญ๐ซ๐š • แต–แต˜สณแต–หกแต‰ สฐแต’หกหกแต’สท • แ–‡Iแ‘•Eแ—ทแ—ฉแ’ชแ’ช

Jun 24, 2023 4:48 AM
Sep 2022
Purple_Gh0st24 said:
OdinPayne said:

Why ask this question then? You've already made up your mind, and you don't seem interested in hearing other people's thoughts. If there really isn't a purpose behind this thread, why ask this question? You already have your answer.
just asking for social interaction
Jun 24, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2022
JuniorOliveira said:
I don't see any problem with seeing a lot, because I've already done that a lot. But of course, if you don't want to spoil the experience of watching a really good anime, I recommend focusing only on it.
my viewing experience like this is much better and enjoyable and there are absolutely no problems
Jun 24, 2023 4:52 AM
Sep 2022
nevermoreHOAR said:
There's no right or wrong way. Watch it on whatever device or platform you want, watch it in subs or dubs, watch whatever genres you fancy, etc. 

We should all be friendly and support each other in this common interest/hobby, but there are many superior snobs in the anime community stomping on those they feel are inferior.

Just yesterday I had someone send me a PM insulting me and refusing my friend request just because I prefer dubs. It was petty and really pissed me off because this person had to go out of their way to start that crap with me. 

It's a shame that we have to be so childish and cruel to one another over how we enjoy our anime.

I definitely think the same as you, it's good that she didn't accept her friend request, you better not be friends with people like that.
Jun 24, 2023 4:55 AM
Sep 2022
nevermoreHOAR said:

it's her loss not yours
nevermoreHOAR said:

it's her loss not yours we can be friends if you want
Jun 26, 2023 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
RobertsahDHDA said:
TheBasicAnimeFan said:

No, I don't understand why people watch anime at any speed other than the regular speed of the anime

Asshats like Gig-hyuck (Goofy looking ass) do this for their "job" to make uninformed youtube vids and pretend they like anime.
FanofAction said:
I'd say those weirdos who watch on higher speeds are objectively watching the wrong way.
Honestly thought people watching anime on higher speeds was a meme. I had no idea people legitimately do this shit.

Jun 26, 2023 12:08 PM
Sep 2022
SwitchMaxFX said:
RobertsahDHDA said:

Asshats like Gig-hyuck (Goofy looking ass) do this for their "job" to make uninformed youtube vids and pretend they like anime.
FanofAction said:
I'd say those weirdos who watch on higher speeds are objectively watching the wrong way.
Honestly thought people watching anime on higher speeds was a meme. I had no idea people legitimately do this shit.

from which anime the image looks good
Jun 26, 2023 5:03 PM

Dec 2021
Watching anime backwards is the only correct way of watching anime.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Jun 28, 2023 5:33 AM

Apr 2018
sinnerNoWinner said:
OdinPayne said:
We don't care what they see as normal or abnormal, you can watch it as you want after you enjoy it.

I can tell you never leave your room.
Put that scene on a train or on a flight and see what happens lmao. The guy in the next seat is going to look at you funny.

Sure, some rando is going to give you a weird look for that, but so what? Why should you care what others think?
Jun 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Jul 2019
epidemia78 said:
Watching on a phone seems wrong to me. A sin basically and I hope you all burn in hell for it.
what's so wrong with watching on a phone wth :(
Jun 28, 2023 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
I mean, I wouldn't see anything inherently wrong with watching muliple anime at once unless it posed an issue for you. I mean, I've had a lot of anime in my watchlist before. But I cut down on that since I found myself only keeping up with a few anime out of the many that I had.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

31 by niknasr »»
33 seconds ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 12 hours ago

26 by perseii »»
3 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - May 30

29 by NickIsaac »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

87 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
26 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - May 28

35 by Gashadokur0 »»
54 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.