Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2023 6:48 AM
Jun 2016
Anyone who tells you to watch Steins;Gate 0 before finishing OG Steins;Gate is objectively wrong. How hard is it to watch shit in the order it is released I swear to god we do not need to make this shit this complicated.

Steins;Gate 0 was made AFTER Steins;Gate. SIX years after Steins;Gate first released. That means that the intention is for you to have experienced Steins;Gate in its entirety BEFORE watching/reading Steins;Gate 0. The only reason to do that insane watch spliced watch order is if you’ve seen the whole series before and you want to mix up your viewing experience and rewatch it in what is technically the canon order.

99.9999999999999999% of the time just watch/play/read anything in release order. There is a reason things are released as they are. The Steins;Gate visual novel was not published in 2009 so that people would play for 30 hours to get to the episode 23 moment, then pause the game, wait six years, play through the entirety of Steins;Gate 0, and then go back and finish Steins;Gate. Again, Canon watch orders can be fun on a subsequent viewing but I’m sick of seeing people trying to push them on first time viewers. There is literally only ONE piece of media that I have experienced that you should technically experience out of order and the game devs essentially force you to do it that way with how they released the game.

So in conclusion, fuck this watch order bullshit, just finish Steins;Gate, then after that go watch Steins;Gate 0
Mar 18, 2023 6:52 AM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Madhav001 said:
And what are saying bro.... Steins gate happens before Steins gate 0?? Man that is like a midquel to Steins gate... Huff ....

Ah , so you didn't even understood the series , like 99% of those who followed the "chronological order"...
Steins;Gate 0 happens before the original , as Okabe create the crypted message in the final episode , to send it to the himself of episode 1 of the original.

Madhav001 said:
And about Aot, Gintama, And FMAB.... Where the heck is time travel or alteration going in these? Did I miss it? And don't say about AOT.... It has followed the same story as always, just revealing things later for mystery not like something goes wrong and we go back in time... Dunno how you compared these anime to Steins gate's time travel

You do not need to be watching a Sci-fi series with time travel to make a chronological order...
Flashback are , in a sense , a time travel for the viewer's point of view , and thus can be used to alter the order.
You were talking about decomplexifing a story , but wouldn't Shingeki no Kyojin makes way more sense if you watched the basement reveal before even starting the series ?

Ah so you clearly didn't understand the series like those people.....
Okabe messaged himself of the past.... According to you steins gate 0 happened first. Then if this is chronological order shouldn't I recommend to watch Steins gate 0 first? But am I? 😂

And about sci fi chronology...... revealing mysteries of past and going back in time to change something is totally different. If you don't understand this. I don't know what else I can say.
And for your info I watched Steins gate in released order since I didn't know there was a order like this... But when I watched it in this order... My respect for whole series went up leagues.... I don't think you have tried this order have you?
I shall take my leave now can't keep on this debate forever.
Mar 18, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
TillyTrap said:
Deanomac2010 said:
Okay episode 12-22 was absolutely one insane plot twist after the next, and I've just finished the episode where the cancel the Dmail for kurasi so I'm wondering what way should watch the rest of the series?

Episode 23-25, 23 OVA then Stein Gate 0 or should I go straight to stein gate 0, people say it ruins the experience if you do both orders.

1. Stein Gate episode 23 (b)
2. Stein Gate 0 (whole show)
3. Stein Gate OG episode 23-25.

Anyone who says otherwise just trying to ruin the story for you.

by this logic you should stop playing the visual novel at the last chapter play 0 then go back to the visual novel.

Nah it's fine to watch the OG then the OVA then goto 0 
Mar 18, 2023 6:59 AM

Jan 2017
Madhav001 said:
Then if this is chronological order shouldn't I recommend to watch Steins gate 0 first? But am I? 😂

Yes.
If you wanted a true chronological order , you would watch Steins;Gate 0 before the original.
As you could have figured , it would makes no sense , since the story wasn't made to be experienced in chronological order to begin with.

Peoples who made this "chronological order" (Watching Steins;Gate 0 after episode 22 of the original) didn't understood the series , that's why they think it's chronological.

Madhav001 said:
And about sci fi chronology...... revealing mysteries of past and going back in time to change something is totally different.

The whole point of Steins;Gate 0 was : "Hey , what about the crypted message ?".
That's all.
So where is the difference , again ?

Madhav001 said:
And for your info I watched Steins gate in released order since I didn't know there was a order like this... But when I watched it in this order... My respect for whole series went up leagues.... I don't think you have tried this order have you?

You can experience a story only in 1 order for the first time , so how do you want to compare both ?
Chronological orders are made to slightly change your experience during a re-watch , nothing more , and it's good as that.
I did multiples re-watchs , including some with the "chronological order" , and it's good , but only because it's a re-watch , as it's supposed to be.

However , if you did watched the story in release order , and still didn't understood Steins;Gate 0 , then i don't know what i can say anymore...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 18, 2023 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
You all seriously need to fuck off with the cHrOnOlOgIcAl order bullshit.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 18, 2023 7:34 AM
Oct 2022
only people who who cant deal with with watching it the chronological has OCC end of.

your ruining your experience and new people view if you watch it the other way around.

I ain't gonna arguy.
TillyTrapMar 18, 2023 8:05 AM
Mar 18, 2023 7:44 AM

Apr 2021
all of steins gate, then the ova then steins gate 0 is the correct watch order
Mar 18, 2023 8:39 AM
Dec 2016
Release order.
Otherwise there's a good chance that you just end up getting tired of the series because of all the new characters, sadness, slower pace etc of SG0, BEFORE you reach the amazing pay-off/ending of main Steins Gate.

so finish that first, then watch anything else.
Mar 18, 2023 8:54 AM
Nov 2022
Madhav001 said:
RopeBuny said:

It’s not the problem of free choice. The problem is ya’all recommending it to people like it’s the “right” or “main” way of watching it. That’s the problem.

I didn't want to say it like "that is the only way to watch it" if my message meant it Sorry

I apologize as well. I did acuse you of it with no evidence.
Mar 18, 2023 8:58 AM
Nov 2022
TillyTrap said:
only people who who cant deal with with watching it the chronological has OCC end of.

your ruining your experience and new people view if you watch it the other way around.

I ain't gonna arguy.

Are you seriously telling people that they’re ruining their experience by watching the show in release order.

If you are, then your only saying that because you’ve watched it chronological and have no taste and feel of how most people watched steins gate.
Mar 18, 2023 9:00 AM
Mar 2021
RopeBuny said:
Madhav001 said:

I didn't want to say it like "that is the only way to watch it" if my message meant it Sorry

No no I saw my first quote..... I had written there "You have to watch" by mistake... It simply means that I am saying to watch it in that order only. But yeah I have changed that now so that it doesn't cause any misinterpretations.
Mar 18, 2023 9:17 AM
Nov 2020
Watch it in release order, don’t listen to these other people saying to watch steins gate 0 before finishing steins gate. Idk wtf is wrong with them
Mar 18, 2023 9:54 AM
Nov 2022
Madhav001 said:
RopeBuny said:

No no I saw my first quote..... I had written there "You have to watch" by mistake... It simply means that I am saying to watch it in that order only. But yeah I have changed that now so that it doesn't cause any misinterpretations.

Let’s make something good out of this. Wanna be friends? I got discord if you wanna hangout.
Mar 18, 2023 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
The Steins;Gate 0 anime came out 7 years after the original show.

S;G 0 only exists because the last thing the company that owns S;G had put out at the time flopped really hard.

S;G 0 does not actually take place between ep 22 and 23.

These 3 facts should tell you enough about how the "chronological order" being the "intended way" of watching it is entirely false.
It's a weird order you can try if you're feeling wacky for a rewatch, NOT the ideal way.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Mar 18, 2023 12:30 PM

Jul 2021
Just finish Steins;Gate before watching 0. It's simpler and it won't ruin anything for you.
Mar 18, 2023 1:26 PM
May 2022
watch 23beta then steins gate 0, then 23,24 and 25 of original, ignore all the pi&&y crying about release order , they don't want you to get good experience because they themselves didn't got to experience that , as someone who has seen it in different order than release order i can confirm it just makes the show 10× better, if you decide to watch in release order you will not enjoy watching steins gate 0 cause it's will not fell upto mark after completing original but if you watch it before final climax of original believe me 0 will only increase your love for characters and show
Mar 18, 2023 5:54 PM
Sep 2021
Deanomac2010 said:
Okay episode 12-22 was absolutely one insane plot twist after the next, and I've just finished the episode where the cancel the Dmail for kurasi so I'm wondering what way should watch the rest of the series?

Episode 23-25, 23 OVA then Stein Gate 0 or should I go straight to stein gate 0, people say it ruins the experience if you do both orders.

please don't do anything besides the launch order, anything different than that is basically a sin.
Mar 18, 2023 6:01 PM

Feb 2016
Suzu_nyan said:
After watching 24-25, reaching the end of the whole story, I personally didn't like going back to all that sad stuff again, when I already knew what the end will be like.
Then don't watch Steins;Gate 0. Nobody's forcing you.
その目だれの目?
Mar 18, 2023 6:47 PM
Nov 2016
Seriously, this shit again, how many of these threads will we have?

OP, watch Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched so finish Steins;Gate first (all 24 episodes) and then, you can watch the other things related to this franchise.

And for your own sake, ignore the dumbasses recommending the "Chronological Order" bullshit, it's not even chronological and that dumb fanmade order bullshit ruined it to some people too, it ruined it to a couple of my friends and I've read in other forums that it has ruined it to other people too and it gets ruined for a good reason, you are basically stopping the climax to shoehorn a slower, cringier and crappier anime in the middle of it and btw, it would have definitely ruined it for me as well since I'm one of those people that loves Steins;Gate but completely dislikes Steins;Gate 0, that anime is crap so don't do that same mistake.

Go with the Release Order so finish Steins;Gate first.
Mar 18, 2023 8:12 PM
Nov 2020
Search up release order on google, don’t watch steins gate 0 before finish steins gate
Mar 18, 2023 8:28 PM
Mar 2021
Watch all of steins gate, but only to 24. After a few weeks/months/years go back and rewatch steins;gate to 22, then do beta and zero, before ending on 23 and 24, then 25 and the movie. Best of all worlds. Steins;gate in it of itself is worth a rewatch or two, and Zero is great, but you can’t judge it separately from the OG, it has to be judged with it.
Mar 19, 2023 2:47 AM
Feb 2019
Just finish the original series first.
Mar 19, 2023 4:01 AM
Mar 2021
RopeBuny said:
Madhav001 said:

Let’s make something good out of this. Wanna be friends? I got discord if you wanna hangout.

Sorry for the late reply but I had replied a long time ago.... but when I thought you haven't replied till now I wanted to check ... When I opened the forum now I saw that what I posted that time was not there to be found....(Dunno how)
Leaving this aside, Haven't really used discord a lot so don't know how to use it other than normal messaging stuff, But I am always up to try it😉
Mar 19, 2023 7:10 AM

Jul 2020
Some are saying watch zero after episode 22 and some are saying to watch in release order but I'll say that do what you want. It won't matter much.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Jul 2011
Just follow the regular airing order, the anime is not meant to be watched in other way...plus is not even that good Steins;Gate zero....you are just going to ruin your experience

If you want to enjoy Steins;Gate zero read the novel
DortMar 19, 2023 7:24 AM
Mar 19, 2023 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
Spheromancer said:

S;G 0 only exists because the last thing the company that owns S;G had put out at the time flopped really hard.
How the hell can you think the Chaos;Child vn was a flop?
Mar 19, 2023 8:46 AM

Feb 2020
RyuRabbit said:
Spheromancer said:

The first release of C;C was absolutely a flop. At first it was an Xbone exclusive, when very few people in Japan had one.

https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-exclusive-chaoschild-fails-miserably-in-japan

https://www.dualshockers.com/japanese-xbox-one-exclusive-chaoschild-flops-in-japan-fails-to-make-the-top-50/

It eventually got better sales when they put it on other consoles and in the eventual west release.
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Mar 19, 2023 10:42 AM
Nov 2022
Madhav001 said:
RopeBuny said:

Sorry for the late reply but I had replied a long time ago.... but when I thought you haven't replied till now I wanted to check ... When I opened the forum now I saw that what I posted that time was not there to be found....(Dunno how)
Leaving this aside, Haven't really used discord a lot so don't know how to use it other than normal messaging stuff, But I am always up to try it😉

Alright. Sounds good fo me. Check your mailbox.
Mar 19, 2023 2:15 PM
Dec 2019
just watch the release order.
The chronological order is dumb, stiens gate existed for years before sg 0 was released, people didn't stop watching after ep 22 to wait for 0, nor is it that the show wasn't already extremely popular before that.
Mar 19, 2023 2:31 PM

Feb 2016
Spheromancer said:
The first release of C;C was absolutely a flop. At first it was an Xbone exclusive, when very few people in Japan had one.
Steins;Gate also began as a xbox exclusive. Did it flop in Japan?
その目だれの目?
Mar 19, 2023 5:10 PM

Feb 2020
Lucifrost said:
Spheromancer said:
Steins;Gate also began as a xbox exclusive. Did it flop in Japan?

Steins;Gate came out for the 360 not one, and at that time X360 was already well established in Japan.

Chaos;Child came out shortly after Xbone did and was exclusive to that.
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Mar 19, 2023 10:29 PM

Jul 2015
Spheromancer said:
RyuRabbit said:

https://www.dualshockers.com/japanese-xbox-one-exclusive-chaoschild-flops-in-japan-fails-to-make-the-top-50/

It eventually got better sales when they put it on other consoles and in the eventual west release.
Spheromancer said:

Actually didn't know that TIL i had always thought it was consistently in the top 10 due to the ratings overseas i saw around the time it came out on ps3 etc

TY for enlightening me 
Mar 20, 2023 5:50 AM
Feb 2021
TillyTrap said:
Deanomac2010 said:

1. Stein Gate episode 23 (b)
2. Stein Gate 0 (whole show)
3. Stein Gate OG episode 23-25.

Anyone who says otherwise just trying to ruin the story for you.

The story is most satisfying in this watch order IMO
Mar 20, 2023 7:17 AM

Jan 2021
people who reccomend the chronological order have no liver.

watch the series is it was released
as in finish steins gate, and then watch whatever the hell ya want
Read the visual novel nerd
Mar 20, 2023 2:41 PM

Nov 2010
Read the visual novels. I read the VN's before watching the anime (haven't bothered watching 0 so i can't comment on it)
The anime didn't really give me the sence of how much time passed in the time loop. Then reading SG0 didn't feel like it was out of place (and again, the anime will probably lack the time to give you a feeling on what actually went on)
Mar 22, 2023 8:25 AM
Nov 2020
Just watch them in release order. Do one of the odd orders if you're a rewatch or something
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Watch order ⁉️ ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - May 29

55 by Aki252010 »»
Jun 3, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuncchi - May 24, 2011

319 by Agathusian »»
Jun 3, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Is Kurisu alive at the very end ❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

39 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 1, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

311 by Agathusian »»
Jun 1, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 10, 2011

271 by Agathusian »»
Jun 1, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.