Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2020
Seriously though for 4 episodes why are the taking so much time to release it!!
Is it the lack of members working on the show? Or budget issues? Or did they just cancel it?
But if they made each episode 1hr duration then it is completely acceptable and I've got no complaints.
Jan 6, 2023 11:29 AM
Jan 6, 2023 11:29 AM
Sep 2018
This is just speculation, but maybe the changes in Warner Discovery affected its production. Look to the animes produced by Adult Swim like Shenmue. Probably they don't think it's profitable to release an anime that has taken more than 3 years to produce.
Again, this is just speculation.
Jan 6, 2023 11:33 AM
Jun 2021
I’m not sure if anyone has an answer to that question, It was scheduled for release in 2021, got postponed due to covid and then god knows what happened. Something like losing the hard-drive in which the episodes were contained in may not be that far fetched...
///
Jan 6, 2023 11:36 AM
Jun 2021
Kockorzo said:
I’m not sure if anyone has an answer to that question, It was scheduled for release in 2021, got postponed due to covid and then god knows what happened. Something like losing the hard-drive in which the episodes were contained in may not be that far fetched...

It seems that entities other than god do know what happened, only I have been living under a rock.
///
Jan 6, 2023 11:44 AM
Feb 2021
My guess is October
Jan 6, 2023 1:54 PM
Oct 2022
junior ito is just too good at art ig and they gotta make it perfect 👌
Jan 6, 2023 3:15 PM
Jan 2022
that's what i'm sayin 😩 i added this to my watch list when i was in my youth, now my grandkids have bugattis
Jan 6, 2023 5:19 PM
Mar 2021

june 2022😩😩😩 NOTHING since
Jan 6, 2023 7:03 PM
Jul 2021
I have completed the manga and so I'm really hyped as hell for this adaptation.
Jan 6, 2023 11:26 PM
Oct 2022
bruh fr feels like it has been an eternity since the anime was announced 😭
Jan 7, 2023 5:55 AM
Jul 2020
The trailer looked so damn good as well. Perfect style and animation from what we got. Would hate to see it just not get released
Jan 7, 2023 12:16 PM

Sep 2021
at this point i think you should read it away. there's no harm you can still watch it after reading just makes it better
Jan 8, 2023 10:10 AM
Apr 2022
Well I mean it is confirmed for 2023 so the wait shouldn’t be to bad
Jan 9, 2023 2:12 PM
Dec 2019
i thought it was at some point even almost released? Or am i remembering it wrong?
Jan 20, 2023 10:49 PM
Jun 2022
netflix released a junji ito compilation type series and I heard nothing of it until it was released. with uzumaki being anticipated for years now I can imagine it'll be a gta 6 thing and be released with little to no advertisement or update if it ever comes close to a release date. funny how they had 2 shows for his work in the time of which uzumaki has been in the works.
Jan 24, 2023 8:45 AM

Jan 2017
Kockorzo said:

Oh no. Losing progress never bodes well for the end product. Just look at what happened to Food Fight - that horrible 2012 American animated movie that was supposed to come out in like 2003. They had a hard drive stolen in the early 2000s. I hope to God that's not what happened here.
Jan 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Oct 2020
MarylandIzumiKun said:
Kockorzo said:

Oh no. Losing progress never bodes well for the end product. Just look at what happened to Food Fight - that horrible 2012 American animated movie that was supposed to come out in like 2003. They had a hard drive stolen in the early 2000s. I hope to God that's not what happened here.

Wait that movie took 9+ years to release like bro how many times did the hard drive got stolen?
Jan 26, 2023 3:56 AM
Jul 2020

MarylandIzumiKun said:
Kockorzo said:

It's more than likely not what happened. They're getting something that a lot of anime wished they got: a delay to make sure it's as good as it can be.
Jan 26, 2023 6:40 AM

Jan 2017
daft_mariner said:

MarylandIzumiKun said:

It's more than likely not what happened. They're getting something that a lot of anime wished they got: a delay to make sure it's as good as it can be.

yeah that's what I'm hoping. I'm watching Itou Junji: Maniac right now and a lot of those episodes could've used a few more months of polish. 
Feb 1, 2023 10:20 PM
Feb 2021
the studio that's working on Uzumaki also got 2 new projects which is konosuba S3 and the spinoff series focusing on megumin. it could be that they are "short staff" but maybe it's just for Uzumaki. who knows we haven't gotten any updates since June of last year.
Feb 2, 2023 2:21 AM
Jul 2020
Shin_snd said:
the studio that's working on Uzumaki also got 2 new projects which is konosuba S3 and the spinoff series focusing on megumin. it could be that they are "short staff" but maybe it's just for Uzumaki. who knows we haven't gotten any updates since June of last year.
It wouldn't work that way. Unless they somehow want to do it by themselves, Drive would realistically hire freelancers, like most studios do. So if the team didn't manage to get enough of them, maybe they're short in staff, but it wouldn't have anything to do with Konosuba.
Feb 3, 2023 2:29 AM

Dec 2010
i dont think its gonna happen tbh
Mar 7, 2023 11:43 PM
May 2015
amare135 said:
i dont think its gonna happen tbh
I'm starting to think this too.
Mar 19, 2023 12:48 PM
Aug 2020
My copium can only go so far.
Mar 29, 2023 5:32 AM
Jul 2016
they had high expectations for oct 2022 release, if it isnt out by october this year it could be cancelled
Apr 12, 2023 11:35 PM
Apr 2020
The most likely reason for the long wait is production hell, which isn't a new thing in anime. It's like with the Pluto anime, which was announced in 2017 but hasn't got any news until the first trailer was released this year. Or like Yuri!!! on ICE: Ice Adolescence, which was announced in 2017 but has an unknown release date. 
Apr 19, 2023 11:11 PM
Jun 2022
Rumors have it that Junji Ito is animating the entire thing by himself.
May 7, 2023 9:29 AM

Sep 2018
i will ask Nagahama for an update when i see him at Animazement
May 25, 2023 11:43 PM
Mar 2012
Intorachit said:
Rumors have it that Junji Ito is animating the entire thing by himself.

are you serious now (¬‿¬)
I cry with laughter thanks bro..
May 28, 2023 6:32 AM
Sep 2022
I think that most pikely, they'll postpone release date on 2024 year, again :(
May 31, 2023 6:44 AM

Jul 2020
LLBird said:
The most likely reason for the long wait is production hell, which isn't a new thing in anime. It's like with the Pluto anime, which was announced in 2017 but hasn't got any news until the first trailer was released this year. Or like Yuri!!! on ICE: Ice Adolescence, which was announced in 2017 but has an unknown release date. 

I think the Yuri on Ice movie was cancelled:(

anyways, I can't wait, I need new info about uzumaki asap

Jun 10, 2023 10:42 PM

Sep 2018
sorry i didn't update sooner but unfortunately i have nothing new to add. Hiroshi Nagahama is a delight at his Q&A panels but no one could get him to give us any hints or info about Uzumaki other than the same things he's said before... A hard drive crashed, they had to start over. Some of the staff were sickened by bacteria that take the shape of a spiral, which i take to mean someone got food poisoning once (Campylobacter). he tried to portray it as a cursed production, which is good marketing i suppose, but we couldn't even get him to say 2024 or later.

if you ever have a chance to go to one of his panels, take it. he's great. but he ain't spillin' these spirally beans.
Jun 16, 2023 4:10 PM
Apr 2020
AshRayKay said:
sorry i didn't update sooner but unfortunately i have nothing new to add. Hiroshi Nagahama is a delight at his Q&A panels but no one could get him to give us any hints or info about Uzumaki other than the same things he's said before... A hard drive crashed, they had to start over. Some of the staff were sickened by bacteria that take the shape of a spiral, which i take to mean someone got food poisoning once (Campylobacter). he tried to portray it as a cursed production, which is good marketing i suppose, but we couldn't even get him to say 2024 or later.

if you ever have a chance to go to one of his panels, take it. he's great. but he ain't spillin' these spirally beans.
Source: trust me bro
Jun 20, 2023 8:54 AM
Oct 2020
As long as I don't die or it's get cancelled then I can wait.
Jun 28, 2023 1:51 AM

May 2021
LLBird said:
AshRayKay said:

Well if your source of info is much better give us new info because at least he told us something(lies or not) in comparison with you who added nothing to the conversation. Prove it that he is lying . 
YubisoftJun 28, 2023 1:55 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 28, 2023 7:56 PM
Apr 2020
Yubisoft said:
LLBird said:
Well if your source of info is much better give us new info because at least he told us something(lies or not) in comparison with you who added nothing to the conversation. Prove it that he is lying . 
I will admit that my previous comment is a bit mean and ignorant because at that time, I wasn't aware of Nagahama-san having a panel at Animazement. However, I still find it very difficult to believe the statement of the production starting over because of a hard drive crash. 
Jul 6, 2023 9:13 AM

Nov 2018
Take it or leave it
I hate everyone equally
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Sep 2018
THIS year (2024) at Animazement, Nagahama is again in attendance, along with Toshio Furukawa who is listed as playing Kyrie's father, Yasuo Goshima, in Uzumaki. So maybe THIS year there will be something more for them to talk about. I will deff BOLO for any joint panels they might have. 🤞🌀
Apr 1, 7:01 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to AshRayKay
THIS year (2024) at Animazement, Nagahama is again in attendance, along with Toshio Furukawa who is listed as playing Kyrie's father, Yasuo Goshima, in Uzumaki. So maybe THIS year there will be something more for them to talk about. I will deff BOLO for any joint panels they might have. 🤞🌀
@AshRayKay only good news so far i guess...
May 26, 8:11 PM

Sep 2018
welp, sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but once again I don't have anything confirmed other than kantoku refuses to say anything about it publicly and cites the various NDAs he's held under as why. He did say he hopes that he can share something soon and someone in the crowd asked "Like next year?" to which he replied maybe. 😕

in the 3rd Q&A panel (of 3 throughout the weekend) he did show us some of his continuity sheet work for the well-known Uzumaki "first look" video we've all seen. i swear to the spiral, the continuity sheets he drew himself look like line-for-line copies of Ito and he pointed out that almost never do you see continuity sheets so intricately drawn because it delays all the work downstream from the director, but he thought it was important to convey to the key animators just exactly what sort of artwork he was demanding of them. "continuity sheet" was the term the interpreter used although they looked like very detailed storyboard-like sheets (i am not an animation terminology expert).

he did mention he's working on another project now that he can't say anything about yet, which, reading between the lines suggests that Uzumaki is finished but they're sitting on it for reasons we don't know. i got that feeling and my convention friend next to me also had that independent conclusion when we discussed it later.

anyway take of that what you will. i make no claims other than what i wrote above is what i was witness to this final day of Animazement 2024, so help me 🌌

PS: oh and Furukawa and Nagahama did not have any joint panels, nor did they invite me out for drinks late into the night, so no leads there.
AshRayKayMay 27, 6:52 PM
May 31, 7:43 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to AshRayKay
welp, sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but once again I don't have anything confirmed other than kantoku refuses to say anything about it publicly and cites the various NDAs he's held under as why. He did say he hopes that he can share something soon and someone in the crowd asked "Like next year?" to which he replied maybe. 😕

in the 3rd Q&A panel (of 3 throughout the weekend) he did show us some of his continuity sheet work for the well-known Uzumaki "first look" video we've all seen. i swear to the spiral, the continuity sheets he drew himself look like line-for-line copies of Ito and he pointed out that almost never do you see continuity sheets so intricately drawn because it delays all the work downstream from the director, but he thought it was important to convey to the key animators just exactly what sort of artwork he was demanding of them. "continuity sheet" was the term the interpreter used although they looked like very detailed storyboard-like sheets (i am not an animation terminology expert).

he did mention he's working on another project now that he can't say anything about yet, which, reading between the lines suggests that Uzumaki is finished but they're sitting on it for reasons we don't know. i got that feeling and my convention friend next to me also had that independent conclusion when we discussed it later.

anyway take of that what you will. i make no claims other than what i wrote above is what i was witness to this final day of Animazement 2024, so help me 🌌

PS: oh and Furukawa and Nagahama did not have any joint panels, nor did they invite me out for drinks late into the night, so no leads there.
@AshRayKay Could be that they figure "They've waited this long, they can wait for an October release when it feels seasonal"
Jun 1, 3:42 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to AshRayKay

@AshRayKay most likely waiting for october.(hopefully)

More topics from this board

» WHEN?!

TheRealRouges - Jun 9

33 by Patte25 »»
Jun 17, 1:55 AM

» Will Uzumaki revolutionize the anime industry? ( 1 2 3 )

Kanalense - Aug 26, 2023

134 by LaSainteBaguette »»
Jun 3, 1:45 PM

» Any news when it gonna release?

Otaku_Agent008 - Mar 15

20 by hypergoob »»
May 22, 11:38 AM

» Recipes for failure ? ( 1 2 )

daywithoutgames - Oct 12, 2021

86 by hypergoob »»
Mar 11, 7:26 AM

Poll: » The 2023 tag removed !!! The wait isn't going to end

the_nitrostorm - Dec 10, 2023

33 by Garvinator »»
Jan 31, 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.