Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2022 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
MAL lists this series as having 13 chapters but the scans I was reading end at chapter 9, so that's it. Y'know, I wasn't the biggest fan of Mazinger Z but I had fun with it. Great Mazinger, however, I can't say as much. Tetsuya and Jun just kind of came out of nowhere while Kouji and Sayaka were written out. And again, I wasn't super invested in either of the two original pilots, but at least they had proper introductions. We don't really get anything like that for the new pilots.

If there's one thing I can say was an improvement was how Go Nagai depicts women. Not that Great did a great job (heh) doing that, but in Z Sayaka was the most two-dimensional character imaginable who ended up becoming useless near the end and at times devolved into a damsel in distress. Sayaka here seems to be like a completely different character (From what I understand, that was more like her anime appearance) and while still not the best written character, I'll take it over her Z depiction anyday. The boob rockets are always gonna look dumb to me though.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.