16.1%
Chichi no Koyomi
45.2%
31 votes
Jun 20, 2022 3:08 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007

Helter Skelter [Helter Skelter: Fashion Unfriendly]
Japanese supermodel and fashion icon Liliko leads a posh life, wearing and promoting the biggest brands in the country. She stands at the top of the modeling industry with the beauty she has attained through full-body plastic surgery.

However, Liliko's body soon begins to break down due to the extensive surgery she has been through and the medication she has taken. Worse still, her fear of growing old and being rendered useless begins to drive her insane. Helter Skelter is the story of Liliko's struggles to remain in the limelight in a world where people are so easily replaced.

Yume de Mita Ano Ko no Tame ni [For the Kid I Saw in My Dreams]
Growing up in an abusive household, five-year-old twins Senri and Kazuto Nakajou found solace in each other. But they were not normal siblings—they could share pain and visions. One particular night, when Kazuto stepped in to stop their father from beating their mother, Senri is shocked when he feels nothing. Instead, he hears a different kind of commotion than normal. Investigating further, he finds to his horror that his parents have been murdered, and a vision of Kazuto being kidnapped stops him dead in his tracks. Noticing a scar on the kidnapper's arm that resembles the kanji for "fire," Senri vows to hunt down this "Fire Man."

Thirteen years later, Senri is no closer to finding the elusive Fire Man, and the visions from Kazuto have long since ceased. But just when it seems like he has no leads, he spots a man on TV with the same scar as his brother's kidnapper. However, his search for this mysterious man leaves him with more questions than answers, and Senri may find that he has more to fear than just the Fire Man.

Chichi no Koyomi
A family is devastated by the Great Tottori Fire of 1952, but the family comes to terms with the disaster and breaks free from the bonds holding them back.

BrandJul 1, 2022 4:19 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - October 2024

Brand - Sep 15

0 by Brand »»
Sep 15, 9:23 AM

» September 2024 - Flying Witch

Brand - Sep 2

3 by ilias23 »»
Sep 2, 2:18 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of the Month! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

186 by xxxATiON »»
Aug 12, 9:52 PM

» August 2024 - Helen ESP

Brand - Aug 4

0 by Brand »»
Aug 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - July 2024

Brand - Jun 20

1 by Brand »»
Jun 20, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.