Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2022 3:22 AM
Jan 2016
So I don't really care if this movie is considered redundant and unnecessary, I just really want to watch it in any capacity it is available. Searched pretty much every website I know but still could not find it. Is this movie considered lost media?
Jun 8, 2022 3:51 AM
Feb 2022
don't know to be frank
Aug 21, 2022 1:51 AM

Jan 2018
HidingHere said:
Is this movie considered lost media?

Could you find it??
It's been almost a decade since I watched Aoi bungaku so I thought I could watch this movie to refresh my memory but I can't find it
Sep 6, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2021
The title of this movie should be 'No Longer available' instead of 'No Longer Human' because this movie doesn't exist in this world. Fans of the series have been waiting for more than ten years and have not been able to see this movie. This movie could have been one of the best movies in the anime world because the first four episodes of the series were absolutely fantastic in all respects. Strangely enough, after the movie was leaked several years ago, it was removed from all watching sites, and it is repeatedly deleted whenever it is uploaded. It's also removed from Wikipedia and imdb. I think this is a huge disrespect from the producing company.
Hussam999Sep 6, 2022 1:57 PM
Sep 24, 2022 12:40 PM

Feb 2021
HidingHere said:
So I don't really care if this movie is considered redundant and unnecessary, I just really want to watch it in any capacity it is available. Searched pretty much every website I know but still could not find it. Is this movie considered lost media?

Sadly, yes.
Hussam999 said:
The title of this movie should be 'No Longer available' instead of 'No Longer Human' because this movie doesn't exist in this world. Fans of the series have been waiting for more than ten years and have not been able to see this movie. This movie could have been one of the best movies in the anime world because the first four episodes of the series were absolutely fantastic in all respects. Strangely enough, after the movie was leaked several years ago, it was removed from all watching sites, and it is repeatedly deleted whenever it is uploaded. It's also removed from Wikipedia and imdb. I think this is a huge disrespect from the producing company.

Absolutely agree! First four episodes are greatly done! I still can't understand why this movie wasn't released on DVD and Blu-ray discs. Mysterious.
Apr 19, 2023 3:04 AM
Jul 2011
So, I think I actually managed to find the movie! It was released on DVD and Blu-Ray in France under the name "La déchéance d'un homme" and is published by Kazé. There's a full version on YouTube but it's dubbed in french, just search  "La déchéance d'un homme film" to find it. Also, the movie is available on Amazon, I just bought it :)
Apr 23, 2023 10:59 PM
Aug 2019
Thank You,    Been searching this for a while ,    And Many have too. 
Jan 21, 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Megurine-Luka
So, I think I actually managed to find the movie! It was released on DVD and Blu-Ray in France under the name "La déchéance d'un homme" and is published by Kazé. There's a full version on YouTube but it's dubbed in french, just search  "La déchéance d'un homme film" to find it. Also, the movie is available on Amazon, I just bought it :)
@Megurine-Luka Appreciate the headsip.
I actually found a Japanese dub version on BiliBili.
Pretty sure I can't post links but search for "人间失格【1话~4话连播】"

I'm not 100% sure it's the actual "Director's Cut" but compared to the version you provided it's very similar aside from
- The introduction at the start from the narrator
- It not having the zoom-in with the picture at the start
- At the start of the second episode not showing Youzou being taken away on a stretcher
- The credits.

That said both versions seem to be just the first 4 episodes joined together (without any changes) so I don't really see a reason for this entry to exist if I'm judging it on other entries being deleted for the same reason.
PrOxAntoJan 22, 4:37 AM
Jan 28, 8:51 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Megurine-Luka
@Megurine-Luka nice find. So weird that there was not a single bilingual that resolved this quicker. Like it actually just boggles my mind.

maybe i'm wrong but this anime was such a mystery when i was trying to find it a few years back
Jan 30, 7:54 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Megurine-Luka
@Megurine-Luka After looking into it a bit more I noticed the publisher Kaze did the same release format for other arcs in this anime. Are you positive this is the movie entry and not a compilation made by Kaze?
Jan 30, 10:49 PM
Jul 2011
Reply to PrOxAnto
@Megurine-Luka Appreciate the headsip.
I actually found a Japanese dub version on BiliBili.
Pretty sure I can't post links but search for "人间失格【1话~4话连播】"

I'm not 100% sure it's the actual "Director's Cut" but compared to the version you provided it's very similar aside from
- The introduction at the start from the narrator
- It not having the zoom-in with the picture at the start
- At the start of the second episode not showing Youzou being taken away on a stretcher
- The credits.

That said both versions seem to be just the first 4 episodes joined together (without any changes) so I don't really see a reason for this entry to exist if I'm judging it on other entries being deleted for the same reason.
@PrOxAnto as of now I've only watched the first two episodes of the series and about half of the movie side by side but, while it's subtle, there's definitely some differences. Some camera plans are cut in the movie and there are some changes in the BGM. For example, at the start of what would be episode 2, a different music is played when Youzou says he's always been afraid of people.
Jan 30, 10:56 PM
Jul 2011
Reply to Shenhe
@Megurine-Luka After looking into it a bit more I noticed the publisher Kaze did the same release format for other arcs in this anime. Are you positive this is the movie entry and not a compilation made by Kaze?
@Shenhe Hmm you're right, it seems like all parts of the story published by Kazé are published as movies. I still haven't watched the first movie in its entirety so I can't say for sure it's the director cut, but there are some differences. The director cut supposedly includes new footage, I'll have to finish the movie and compare the two versions to really find out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ningen Shikkaku: Director's Cut-ban Episode 1 Discussion

PrOxAnto - Jan 21

0 by PrOxAnto »»
Jan 21, 7:32 PM

» Yozo's Story!!!

Valentiln - Dec 12, 2009

28 by ThatDeadMikey »»
May 7, 2022 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.