Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 2022 3:05 PM
Apr 2022
borderliner said:
pipeus said:

Would we though? If the obsession stems from a romantic or even sexual attraction, however twisted, wouldn't it be fair to make the connection? No one is saying that her obsessive behaviour is because she's gay or whatever, but whom the obsession is directed to can very well be attributed to that.

When did you last see an article about guys stalking girls bring up the fact they might be doing it because they are straight?

And the OP specifically asks if Yamai's behaviour is "because she is homosexual"

The OP is just asking if she is homosexual or just admiring and stalking Komi. She is obviously doing the latter, but I would also say that she is displaying clear signs of romantic and even sexual attraction to Komi. Shifting the goalposts here doesn´t serve any purpose. It might just be that we are both misunderstanding each other, so I will try to outline what I meant to say as accurately as possible.

I think Yamai Ren is clearly being portrayed as being attracted to a member of the same gender. This would make her homo/bi/pan or something else in that direction.
She is also portrayed as obsessive, creepy and most of the stereotypes that are typically attributed to the sweaty unpopular boy in the class(at least that is what I have seen in a lot of Anime). I would like to add here that it seems the author of the manga has chosen the opposite of that stereotype on purpose, but that is beside the point.
In my Opinion she is both a stalker and in some way shape or form homosexual.

Idk where you picked up on OP asking if it was because of her homposexuality that she behaves in that way, but I couldn´t find that in the original question.

I´d also like to add: In both of the replies I got the claim has been the same: We wouldn´t attribute the behaviour of a stalker to their sexuality. I agree. SO? The question is not why she is behaving in the way she does, it is whether or not she is a homosexual. And to that I would say: yes. Even if she displays that attraction in a somewhat wicked way.

One last thing. For a lot of ppl including me it has become quite a common trope to joke about straight yt males being weird or obsessive or whatever. This is obviously not to be taken super serious, I just wanted to add that to clarify what i meant by "would we though?" as that is a typical situation where someone would halfjokingly say: just another straight white male.

Well I have already used way too much time on this. I hope I could make myself clear. The points you brought up are fair and I see where you are coming from. Thanks for this discussion. :)
Apr 26, 2022 6:17 AM
Jan 2021
don't care. she's just a bitch
Apr 26, 2022 1:15 PM

Apr 2012
She's just a crazy beach.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 27, 2022 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
borderliner said:
radikrill said:
is Yamai Ren homosexual or just admiring and stalking Komi? i have no idea which is true, or if both are true at same time

Just a stalker...

Otherwise you're sort of implying her behaviour is typical of homosexuals!!

they are not really doing that lol. she does have an attraction to komi, which could imply she’s homosexual.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2022

189 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

151 by kociamatka »»
Apr 17, 9:14 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Feb 27

7 by nec0_0 »»
Feb 29, 4:23 AM

» Is this anime worth getting into?

Konan_Edogawa_ - Apr 10, 2022

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:48 PM

Poll: » is it even funny? ( 1 2 3 )

TamagoCracker - Apr 15, 2022

109 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.