Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2022 4:43 PM

Aug 2021
midnight on my country so that means Gurren Lagann is officialy 15 years old.
Such popularity with such age is not an easy task.
This show have saved many lifes and will keep doing it.
I wish more 100 years of people knowing Gurren lagann.
Thanks Simon Thanks Kamina Thanks Yoko Thanks Nia Thanks Kittan Thanks Viral Thanks lordgenome Thanks Rossiu Thanks dayaka Thanks Kyal Thanks Kinon Thanks kyoh Thanks old coco thanks Boota Thanks to the twins Thanks iraak Thanks Kid thanks everyone each one of you Thanks to gainax thanks to Imaishi but in the end the most important.
Thanks TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!!!
Mar 31, 2022 4:44 PM

Aug 2021
Vixer_YL said:
midnight on my country so that means Gurren Lagann is officialy 15 years old.
Such popularity with such age is not an easy task.
This show have saved many lifes and will keep doing it.
I wish more 100 years of people knowing Gurren lagann.
Thanks Simon Thanks Kamina Thanks Yoko Thanks Nia Thanks Kittan Thanks Viral Thanks lordgenome Thanks Rossiu Thanks dayaka Thanks Kyal Thanks Kinon Thanks kyoh Thanks old coco thanks Boota Thanks to the twins Thanks iraak Thanks Kid thanks everyone each one of you Thanks to gainax thanks to Imaishi but in the end the most important.
Thanks TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!!!
btw idc about the answers so i will mute, cry haters
Mar 31, 2022 5:01 PM
Jul 2021
Row Row Fight The Power!

this anime is awesome!
Mar 31, 2022 5:03 PM
Sep 2014
I remember watching Gurren Lagann in High School, probably like 5 years after it had aired! I would be skipping class, ordering mcdonalds and watching it over their WiFi! such great memories. it might sound corny and cliche but it was great for teaching the core values of Friendship, and persevering in the name of those you hold dear!! I'll always remember watching it on my phone qnd getting texts asking where I was, why wasn't I in class lol I hope it continues to live on and gets as many eyes to watch it as possible!!
Raise your drill high and pierce the Heavens!!
Mar 31, 2022 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
HELL YEAH.

Will forever remain a masterpiece in my eyes. Time for another rewatch of the show..
Mar 31, 2022 6:05 PM
Jan 2022
Hell yea happy 15th to the most manly epic show
Mar 31, 2022 6:09 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Gurren Lagann is the king of anime

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2022 6:09 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
I'm not a fan of mech anime (unpopular opinion), but I really did like Gurren Lagann!! One of the first anime I ever saw :)
Mar 31, 2022 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
One of the first animes I ever saw and one of my favourite
Mar 31, 2022 7:30 PM

Mar 2011
An untouchable masterpiece. My second favorite anime of all time. 10/10
Mar 31, 2022 7:32 PM
Dec 2021
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER <333
Mar 31, 2022 7:58 PM

Aug 2017
An all time great anime
Mar 31, 2022 8:04 PM

Aug 2017
Title with a goat status
Mar 31, 2022 8:05 PM

Nov 2017
Gurren Lagann was awesome tho !!
Mar 31, 2022 8:11 PM

Sep 2018
Happy birthday to a highly influential series!
don’t forget to ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWER
Mar 31, 2022 8:21 PM

Apr 2018
This anime is awesome! Row Row Fight the Power’
Apr 1, 2022 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
Happy Birthday Gurren Lagann!
Apr 1, 2022 11:43 PM
Feb 2022
Can someone explain why is this masterpiece, I watched it and it's nothing special?
Apr 1, 2022 11:59 PM

Jan 2022
Edika000 said:
Can someone explain why is this masterpiece, I watched it and it's nothing special?
Don't worry, it isn't. It's one of the worst anime i have seen. It's too much battle shounen-ish ,hell even worst. Kamina is one of the most annoying character , his cringe dialogues are really annoying.

"People normally feel happiness...when they love and are loved in return. I feel happiness when people hate me...and I feel compelled to hurt the things that are dear to me. But is that so strange?"
Apr 2, 2022 3:02 AM

Aug 2021
Edika000 said:
anyone asked your opinion
Apr 2, 2022 3:45 AM

Aug 2021
_Fallacy_ said:
Edika000 said:
Don't worry, it isn't. It's one of the worst anime i have seen. It's too much battle shounen-ish ,hell even worst. Kamina is one of the most annoying character , his cringe dialogues are really annoying.
Your taste is one of the most awful things i ever have seen
Apr 2, 2022 5:52 AM
Jan 2018
Edika000 said:

super robot at its best, the screenplay is consistently trying to pass its message about evolution in the micro and macroscope

it is about a boy who is growing up and evolving as a man

at the same time its a love letter to the mecha genre with every act about the story representing a step in the mecha history, act 1 being about the birth of the genre, making Constant references to Getter robo as the usage of Gattai as the main way to form Gurren laggan and the overall monster of the weak formula of the show

then act 2 is about the maturity of the super robot genre, referencing Ideon and Zambot 3 with the now, importance of adressing the psychological state of the pilot, who have to deal with the consequences of war and the loss of their own people

act 3 goes to real robot territory, exploring the 80s and 90s at their fullest by referencing the greats and focusing on politics and more complicated moral questions. kamina city is like macross city from Sdf macross, Gunmans now have guns and laser beams like the Rx 78 from Gundam, gone are the monster of the weak formula

and then act 4 is an answer to all of this, the answer the series give about revitalizing the genre by going beyond in scale and ambition in a way that literally pierce the skies and achieve heavens.

in the same way the mechas are always evolving, beggining with a very small and weak laggan and with the spiral power (an analogy to the Human Dna) they bigger to the point of using galaxies as boomerangs at the end

and they grew alongside the stakes and scale of the events.

because everything in the storyboard and screenplay are in complete harmony to give us a message and then question it at the third arc and final arc (is evolution really good if human expantionism will eventually doom our nature and society by the sheer ammount of destructive power we will certainly get along the way), the story ends up shining and feeling like a very well polished product.

the action is Fantastic and Imaishi's direction is known for portraying speed better than most anime, sometimes even being overwhelmingly fast to the viewer.

characters are easy to relate and feel empathy, sadness and hapiness for them

all in all is just very easily a very damn great classic.
Apr 2, 2022 6:03 AM

Jan 2022
Vixer_YL said:
_Fallacy_ said:
Didn't Ask + Don't care + cry about it + Cope + take L + Ratio + Touch grass + Kamina is complete garbage character + you are most awful (not one of ,but most awful) and cringe MALer I've ever seen.

"People normally feel happiness...when they love and are loved in return. I feel happiness when people hate me...and I feel compelled to hurt the things that are dear to me. But is that so strange?"
Apr 2, 2022 8:32 AM

Aug 2021
_Fallacy_ said:
Vixer_YL said:
Didn't Ask + Don't care + cry about it + Cope + take L + Ratio + Touch grass + Kamina is complete garbage character + you are most awful (not one of ,but most awful) and cringe MALer I've ever seen.
ratio? Every PERSON loves kamina
Apr 2, 2022 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
_Fallacy_ said:
Edika000 said:
Imagine not understanding super robot anime.
Nekketsu 101 my friend.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 4, 2022 2:08 AM

Feb 2021
Love this anime, will always hold a special a place in my heart. Seeing Simon's growth from start to finish was incredible to watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1159 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 16, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Gurren Lagann Episode 8 - Never Forget ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

windy - May 20, 2007

516 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MasterChief - May 10, 2007

184 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

208 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 4:17 AM

» A question for people who have watched Gurren Lagann and loved it. ( 1 2 )

_Reas - Aug 4

93 by ZeroMajor12 »»
Sep 13, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.