Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 14, 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
rohan121 said:
You forget about feedback loops.
Looks originate by genetics
Genetics influence base personality
Other people treat you based on your looks
Positive or negative reinforcement based on the treatment from your looks molds your behavior and personality.

So the introvert feedback loop is
Ugly to poorly treated by people to socializing less

Extrovert version
Good looks to treated good by others to social butterfly

Looks heavily correlates to wealth as it is well known taller people make more money. If you are ugly your family is also likely poor too. Surgery is most often done by rich good looking people to preserve looks like celebrities.
Surgery to increase height has its limit on how tall you can get ignoring potential risk of being paralyzed for life.

What you are saying is only somewhat true.

Genetics is only a starting point for looks. There are numerous ways for a person to improve their looks.

Same goes for personality. Genetics and looks may influence it, but they do not determine it, because there are so many things that influence personality.

The way people are treated has more to do with behavior than looks. If you are handsome but go around biting people, looking good won't prevent backlash.

I hope you realize there are millions of beautiful introverts and ugly extroverts out there.

There are plenty of people who are ugly or short, yet are kind, social, wealthy, have good relationships, etc.

Sure, on average, taller people tend to make more money...but you are greatly misinterpreting basic statistics. Just because many tall people have it better doesn't mean average height or shorter people can't also build good careers. There are endless ways to make money that have nothing to do with height.
May 14, 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
Now this is weird I don't remember voting in this pole yet it says I voted for less than 140cm lmao.
May 14, 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Height does not matter unless you are a male. If you are a male, the optimal height would be between 180cm to 200 cm. Any taller and you will be "too tall". Any shorter and you will be "too short"...just saying...
May 14, 3:14 PM

Oct 2015
Shorter men and heavier women earn less. This can be height and weight discrimination in hiring. It can also be shorter men and heavier women letting this fact get to them and be less confident/more self-conscious in the process, with confidence being the actual cause of hiring. Illustrative example of how establishing causality is hard.

I'm 190. Never been of any use to me though.

Independent of that, I find it fun that the polling results is a normal distribution. Any phenomena caused by multitude of independent probablistic factors should converge on a Gaussian distribution per the Central Limit Theorem, so it's good that people have largely been honest, and it's mathematically demonstrated.
Auron_May 14, 3:20 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

77 by leonardobarba »»
45 minutes ago

» do you eat to live or live to eat?

707supremacist - May 4

28 by ACasualViewer »»
45 minutes ago

» Is there a cure for mental illness?

DesuMaiden - May 23

21 by Taiyaa »»
2 hours ago

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

74 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago

» Plummeting Birthrates Is a Good Thing

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

12 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.