Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2021 3:45 PM
Feb 2021
I want to watch this anime but score is dropping every season is this really that type of anime who started strong but downgrade with upcoming seasons like,Tokyo ghoul,psyco pass,seven deadly sins because I didn't like inconsistent story I like story like haikyuu which is consistent or aot and gintama which gets better with time.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Sep 14, 2021 3:57 PM
May 2020
If I’m honest. Apart from the last season I can’t understand why it drops. There’s certainly no difference in pacing or quality so I’m at a complete loss. Season 4 is one of my favourite anime seasons of all time because it really builds on everything that’s been in the last three seasons and gives it a conclusion. Season 5 feels like a bit of a rushed after thought but it’s only 12 episodes long so you could watch up to season 4 and stop and it be amazing or just finish it off and just think about how amazing the previous 4 seasons were.
Sep 14, 2021 4:00 PM

Oct 2020
Not really. I mean S5 is the worst one by far, but the good thing about Food Wars is the characters that the show has, so no matter how bad the story/plot is, you’ll enjoy it (not saying the story is bad, it’s an example). I really enjoyed the series and don’t look too much at the scores, S4 was my favorite one, even though it’s one of the worsts in terms of ratings. Also, the show is completely adapted so it has an ending.

Sep 14, 2021 4:23 PM
May 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
I want to watch this anime but score is dropping every season is this really that type of anime who started strong but downgrade with upcoming seasons like,Tokyo ghoul,psyco pass,seven deadly sins because I didn't like inconsistent story I like story like haikyuu which is consistent or aot and gintama which gets better with time.
For this anime specifically I don’t understand why people say it gets worse, in fact the third season was my favorite, I say don’t worry about ratings and watch what you wanna watch
Sep 14, 2021 5:00 PM
Oct 2019
I think all seasons were very good for me.
I enjoyed the 1st ep and the last ep all the same.
I think you should give it a go :)
Sep 14, 2021 6:11 PM

May 2021
shivamrajput958 said:

It’s good but the same thing again and again just gets old fast
Sep 14, 2021 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
BananaKuma said:
It’s good but the same thing again and again just gets old fast

This is most definitely the main reason.

The first season is fun to watch, but it slowly becomes more laborious to watch after that.
There's no need for all this tension.
Sep 14, 2021 6:43 PM
Jan 2019
I mean I wasn’t super impressed with the 5th season, definitely felt rushed and over the top.
BUT food wars does maintain quality with its characters, art and for sho the music 👌🏼
First few seasons really are dope and funny (yukihira soma kills me I love him)
But ey if you like watching cooking in general, then DAMN CHECK FOOD WARS OUT THE COOKING PROCES ITSELF IS THE REAL DEAL
The way they throw food together is undeniable impressive (art and execution)
Watch it for the mad cooking skills dude
Sep 14, 2021 6:49 PM
Jul 2020
Quality stays about the same for the first few seasons. The story and art direction go a bit downhill starting in season 3 before taking a nosedive in season 5. Season 4 would have made a great ending for the series, and if you decide to watch it there’s an argument to be made that you should just stop at season 4 and pretend that’s the end.
Sep 14, 2021 6:55 PM
Dec 2020
Seasons 1-4 are all really good, but season 5 is pretty underwhelming. I’d honestly recommend just stopping after season four because it has a pretty conclusive and satisfying ending on it’s own.
Sep 14, 2021 8:17 PM
Jan 2021
My favourite season was S4, and honestly I didn't find any difference in quality of the anime, and I dislike s5 beacause it came out of nowhere and ended out of nowhere. That's all apart from s5 food wars makes a good series to watch
Sep 14, 2021 8:49 PM
Feb 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
Not really.Food wars is actually one of those rare animes that keeps it's quality consistently.Last season felt a bit off,but otherwise,thoroughly enjoyable
Sep 14, 2021 11:28 PM
Aug 2020
Ashok_Kumar said:
Does anyone knows where the season 5 is dubbed or not?
it’s not (15 characters)
Sep 14, 2021 11:33 PM

Feb 2020
Because Animation had a drop every season so did scores. Though not too much.

Its state more like MHA rather than other example u mentioned

If its unbearable for u with slight bit decease in quality, I suggest u not watch it
AdampkSep 14, 2021 11:38 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 14, 2021 11:45 PM
Jan 2021
shivamrajput958 said:

This season is totally unnecessary , because season 4 had a perfect ending and this new villian sucks , most food battles are skipped and only the outcome is shown , the final dish and food-gasm is too over the top even for food wars , but the second half of the final episode is really really good so watch that , otherwise all the other seasons are superior to this .
Sep 15, 2021 12:59 AM
Aug 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
bro the first and up until season 3 (including part 2) are so good
But i will say, the last season was kinda boring i guess, for me anyway
Sep 15, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2021
shivamrajput958 said:

Look personally for me it's 9/10 don't bother looking at the rating ....I saw this anime without reading anyone's opinion ...and I was surprised to get it this type of rating, I think it's mainly influencial ,I absolutely reccomend it and trust ur own opinion
Sep 15, 2021 8:54 AM

May 2020
The story was fine up to season 4,this last season is the only problem.So atleast watch upto season 4,and you won't disappointed.
Don't let the score bother you that much
Sep 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Jan 2021
Am on Season 3 part 2 and it's still decent if not better then before.

Most people say that Season 5 is bad.
Sep 15, 2021 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
shivamrajput958 said:

Honestly, I think the show peaks at, the 10 episode season, the Second Plate, and this final season is one of the lowest points in the series. Not to say it’s really bad, but by the time I got to this season I started to care far less for what was happening. They could have wrapped it up and ended the series the season before this one, but you can tell there was still one small thing they wanted to conclude between some characters and you don’t get that until the very end of this season because they throw in this villain that feels like filler and proposes little threat, from my eyes at least.

It’s a good series overall, but definitely falls off halfway through will animation that becomes less and less intriguing, albeit with stellar still shots of finished cuisines, and less and less interesting innovations with its storytelling and challenges with its food. The ecchi elements feel same-y and the background characters feel evermore stagnant and boring with more and more characters being introduced only to later fall to the same position as the rest of the side cast.

Give it a watch and after you finish the Second Plate season, consider if you wish to continue and if you believe you may get more out of the show!
Sep 15, 2021 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
BrotherMeSoftly said:
shivamrajput958 said:

Honestly, I think the show peaks at, the 10 episode season, the Second Plate, and this final season is one of the lowest points in the series. Not to say it’s really bad, but by the time I got to this season I started to care far less for what was happening. They could have wrapped it up and ended the series the season before this one, but you can tell there was still one small thing they wanted to conclude between some characters and you don’t get that until the very end of this season because they throw in this villain that feels like filler and proposes little threat, from my eyes at least.

It’s a good series overall, but definitely falls off halfway through will animation that becomes less and less intriguing, albeit with stellar still shots of finished cuisines, and less and less interesting innovations with its storytelling and challenges with its food. The ecchi elements feel same-y and the background characters feel evermore stagnant and boring with more and more characters being introduced only to later fall to the same position as the rest of the side cast.

Give it a watch and after you finish the Second Plate season, consider if you wish to continue and if you believe you may get more out of the show!

I also wish to add, it’s really common for a popular show’s score on this site to drop with every new season. AOT, Fruit’s Basket, and Gintama are outliers to this, but those shows are also more popular, have less seasons, and a stronger supporting fan base alike.
Sep 15, 2021 10:36 AM
Jan 2021
Don't worry about it. Season 2 is my personal favorite. It doesn't die down. It honestly improves. Ask any food wars fan about their favorite season. It will never be one. Not because it was bad... it was because the others were just that good. Season 5 was probably the worst but it's still really good. Definitely worth the watch. I liked the ending of S5 but it could've been better.
Sep 15, 2021 4:34 PM
Mar 2021
I think the main reason why this show drops in rating was because it became extremely repetitive over time, to the point that you could predict who was going to win based on the amount of screen time, who presented their dishes first etc.

This isn't forgetting to mention that the final season was probably the most anticlimactic, rushed and predictable season of them all. The way i'd describe it is "it was a speedrun to the final cookoff, only for it to hideously lazily done and anticlimactic".

The shot variance after the first season was basically non-existent, to the point where most scenes looked like powerpoint slides and during action scenes the only things that would move are the characters' mouths and the position of the Camera due to an obnoxious amount of panning shots.

The story was quite interesting as a concept though, and i actually had a lot of fun trying to guess who won each round and predicting how the story would progress.

Long story short, the reason why the seasons kept going down in score was bc the first season set a high production and "entertaining new concept" benchmark, which wore off as the seasons went on. This, paired with the rushed ending of the final season, was probably what gave it the lowest score.
Sep 17, 2021 4:59 AM
Apr 2020
@shivamrajput958 Seasons 1-4 are awesome its only season 5 which is a little meh when compared to the other seasons. I feel like the main reason these rating r falling is the number of people watching anime just increased and many of these people will give animes with even a little ecchi a low score so better to watch something on your own then decide rather than seeing MAL.
Sep 17, 2021 9:36 PM

Jul 2020
Watch it!! The whole series sets itself apart from average anime… I’d say the 5th season way the worst but every other season held it’s own! 9/10 overall series imo.
Oct 7, 2021 12:39 AM
Aug 2021
This is one of those rare gems thats been consistently good every season, even the OVAs. Unless you're bothered by ecchi, you should enjoy it.
Oct 19, 2021 4:35 AM
May 2021
I have completed season 1 and plan to watch until season 5. But I see the genre and hoping it will have romance but why no "Romance" tag until season 5? Is no romance at all in this anime? Is souma single until the end? Actually I will really dissapointed if it is true. Someone can spoil me a little I was really courious about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

120 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 26, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2020

135 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 26, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

169 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 26, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.