Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2021 2:35 PM
Oct 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it was the obvious team (even though I really like Ryusei's uniform) xD

And of course, Shijodori has a new secret weapon. And she used to be an acrobat! This is giving me Attack No.1 flashbacks once again. Not much happened in this episode, but I have to say I really enjoyed Fusejima's wake up call, as I'm in a similar situation. Oh, and the twins also want to get in the same team as Asuka, so I'm thinking whoever wins the match gets in. Or maybe not, who knows. I guess everything can happen. To the last episode we go!
Feb 9, 2021 10:05 PM
Dec 2015
Of course the team in the final was going to be Shijodori, after all the rematches Tachibana had previously. Even though Ryusei improved the dragon, it wasn't explained as they weren't playing Tachibana. A shame but this is not round robin so it can't be helped.

The girls wanted to train as much as possible until the last minute, good idea, they really are very serious about this! And the coach found a solution for the special moves, though it seems similar to what they did against the semifinal match.
Meanwhile the professional player finally reappared and really was watching the match huh, but I didn't expect her to have a similar backstory with the injury. Apparently she wanted to help Ichijou, which is nice; the hand went fine for now but it's still unclear about the rest of the match...

I always laugh when ALL Shijodori's girls are running before the special moves. But there is a new girl sitting on the bench, like the last time for the shadow girl; if it happens the same thing again she will be able to play for like 1-2 points in the entire tournament unless she comes out earlier... What's with that? Couldn't the coach let them play more without using special moves? That will actually conceal the strategy better...

The council student guy appeared again (well he appeared briefly in the last episodes listening to the radio, so I guess it makes more sense now). Their discussion was perhaps functional to the story, but again, I find it forced; even if you want to have such topics you aren't going to say that 5 minutes before a damn final... was Mimi going to be troubled about that during the final? I doubt, but now she is... Though it's true it's better planning the future more careful, but this isn't always easy, and I especially think he was a bit too harsh but oh well... (and it's japanese society we are talking about so it's more understandable)

Shijodori not counterattacking right away seemed a bit like the 2nd match with Kyoko where the girls where losing at first but being calm... And Mimi worrying too much for Ichijou is wrong imho. Sure, she wants to help her, but like when you shouldn't worry about rivals' weak points, at the same time you should worry more about yourself before others. Even the grandma said something similar so it kind of reinforces what we saw already about Mimi's characterization. Not that I don't like her though...

I think there was a translation mistake in the sub, Kimiko was going after the shadow instead of hte light ^^". Also, I checked the italian dub and it seems like the council student discussion was VERY different... but the english one sounded better. And also there was more of a romantic route behind it (well it's not impossible but I think they exaggerated there ^^" )

Man, 1 episode remaining! :"(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita e Attack! Episode 23 Discussion

MidnightSunset25 - Feb 7, 2021

5 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
May 18, 2023 7:18 PM

Poll: » Ashita e Attack! Episode 4 Discussion

MidnightSunset25 - Apr 6, 2020

3 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:50 AM

Poll: » Ashita e Attack! Episode 1 Discussion

MidnightSunset25 - Mar 21, 2020

10 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
Apr 21, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Ashita e Attack! Episode 21 Discussion

MidnightSunset25 - Feb 6, 2021

2 by Hanzo__Hattori »»
Feb 8, 2021 9:11 PM

Poll: » Ashita e Attack! Episode 20 Discussion

MidnightSunset25 - Nov 16, 2020

2 by Hanzo__Hattori »»
Feb 7, 2021 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.