Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2020 3:33 PM
Oct 2011
Ever since the first episode, it looks like a cry for help from modern men, it shows everything they tend to hate in their lives, and everything they are missing in their lives as well.

If this happened in real life, without 800yo deities the anime would probably go something like this:
Kuroto gets home, dies or kills himself
The end.

The anime is like an alternative reality of this not-so-rare story showing what could have happened if he had someone waiting for him at home, and doing all the things Senko does for him at home.
Apr 24, 2020 9:05 PM

Jun 2019
Well, i have study about Japanese society and i have learned a term called "Shoushika" or decrease number of the birth. This anime is a proof that japanese modern men mostly are not interested at real woman nor making a baby.

I know the society is hard, but why he don't try to find a woman if he already can make a money? I think making a family can healing his stress rather than living with a fox loli.
Apr 26, 2020 4:41 PM

Dec 2012
I think it's that he doesn't have time to do anything outside of work--Senko-san forcefully pushed herself into his life without him doing anything, and without that, there would've been no real way for him to have ever made the time to go out and actually try to find a partner, put in time with her to make the relationship work, etc.

He is able to coexist with Senko-san so peacefully because Senko-san basically has no desires of her own beyond making him happy and a few times where she gets irritated with him. She is an unreachable ideal based in the fantasy of the author, which is fine, but if the idea is that Nakano should just go out and get a gf then I think you're wrong because in this setting, Nakano does not have the ability to do that. Hence why it took the intervention of a 800 year old fox loli to save him from his lifestyle.

Also he should just switch jobs already ffs
Apr 26, 2020 4:57 PM

Jul 2019
Now that you mention it, I understand and see what you're saying. But I don't think that was the goal of this anime, I think Senko-san was just a comedy anime with the purpose of showing moe stuff. But I totally see how it seems like a cry for help, Nakano working every day with no actual purpose with all the built-up stress and he just repeats the cycle.
Apr 27, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2012
On top of Nakano Kuroto being busy all the time, like MonEspritLibre wrote, he is also probably too stressed out to go out with someone. Look at how he comes home every day; he doesn't really look like someone that has the energy needed to go out for a date with someone. What about his days off? It seems like he often only got one day off a week, if even that. I don't know if I'm just weak, but after working or going to school until late afternoon for 5 days straight, I prefer to just laze around on Saturday. If I worked into the evening 6 days a week like him, I don't think I would just laze around. I think I would probably just sleep Saturday away lol.

So like MonEspritLibre wrote; he should find another job. The kind of life he was living without Senko can hardly be called a life if you ask me. Even if she is there now, it looks like it's still a pretty crappy life to live.

One last thing. I hope that coworker of his quits or something. Asking him to come back to work during his vacation is messed up. If I were the main character, I would probably have literally told him to f off LOL
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Aug 11, 2020 2:51 AM
Sep 2019
Voidian said:
Ever since the first episode, it looks like a cry for help from modern men, it shows everything they tend to hate in their lives, and everything they are missing in their lives as well.

If this happened in real life, without 800yo deities the anime would probably go something like this:
Kuroto gets home, dies or kills himself
The end.

The anime is like an alternative reality of this not-so-rare story showing what could have happened if he had someone waiting for him at home, and doing all the things Senko does for him at home.
i agree completly, and i have been touched by this series so far even though ive only seen up to like ep 6......i like many people watching this series am a working stiff.....im going to be doing 8 12hr shifts this week alone, im working on a realitionship finally but my depression is real and this series has hit very close to home for me
Aug 26, 2020 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
MonEspritLibre said:
I think it's that he doesn't have time to do anything outside of work--Senko-san forcefully pushed herself into his life without him doing anything, and without that, there would've been no real way for him to have ever made the time to go out and actually try to find a partner, put in time with her to make the relationship work, etc.

He is able to coexist with Senko-san so peacefully because Senko-san basically has no desires of her own beyond making him happy and a few times where she gets irritated with him. She is an unreachable ideal based in the fantasy of the author, which is fine, but if the idea is that Nakano should just go out and get a gf then I think you're wrong because in this setting, Nakano does not have the ability to do that. Hence why it took the intervention of a 800 year old fox loli to save him from his lifestyle.

Also he should just switch jobs already ffs

"Switch jobs" in Metropolitan Tokyo? Easier said than done.
あなたは誰?
Aug 28, 2020 4:45 PM

Dec 2012
backdoornight said:

"Switch jobs" in Metropolitan Tokyo? Easier said than done.

True, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't try.
Aug 30, 2020 6:04 AM

Jul 2015
Japan has one of the highest suicide rate on the world for a reason.
There are many more Kurotos in and outside Japan.

Feb 26, 2021 6:00 PM
Mar 2016
I just watched the 1st episode and it felt too dangerous for people who are in a similar situation as the MC in real life.
In real life, you won't find such a sweet kitsune suddenly waiting for you to comfort you and give you such heartwarming love [while asking for nothing in return], it's basically Paradise and you're dead!

After watching this I felt so sad for people in such a situation, and felt bad that some of them might watch this and mix fantasy with reality... may God help them!
Mar 6, 2021 10:33 PM

Feb 2011
Hitoribotchan said:
Well, i have study about Japanese society and i have learned a term called "Shoushika" or decrease number of the birth. This anime is a proof that japanese modern men mostly are not interested at real woman nor making a baby.

Maybe he's searched for real women and doesn't like what he's found. And even more likely, the women aren't satisfied with him. I think in today's society both men and women are seeking to escape reality in their own separate ways. This is driven by the global economy as well as changing societal norms, and enabled by modern technology.

I know the society is hard, but why he don't try to find a woman if he already can make a money? I think making a family can healing his stress rather than living with a fox loli.

Society has always been hard, but the conditions for forming a stable monogamous relationship and then making a family are worse than they have been for a long time, certainly in the post-WWII era, and maybe longer. For many people, the expected return is no longer worth the investment.

So enjoy your life, look after your parents when they get older, and watch fluffy slice-of-life shows.
ijontichyMar 6, 2021 10:40 PM
Apr 23, 2021 1:05 AM
Jan 2021
At the very least he should try finding another apartment closer to where he works. It would save him the trouble of missing the train and being forced to sleep in the office, which has to break some kind of worker rights regulation I'd think. I don't know how the boss can demand he works these 16 hours days with unpaid overtime six days a week then not even be allowed to go home. The episode where he got drunk it seemed like he was seconds away from admitting he wanted to kill himself for god's sake.
Apr 23, 2021 1:33 AM

Oct 2015
Most popular anime nowadays are cries for help for lonely men. Isekais, romcoms, dramas, even slice-of-lifes. All of them nowadays are pandering for lonely NEETs.
Aug 10, 2021 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
I think it's supposed to give you hope about how you can improve your life by having a partner.

An idealized, unrealistic one for sure, but they are trying to make the idea as attractive as possible, the way I see it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2019

178 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jul 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

37 by lycoping »»
Jun 14, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

119 by ZERPYDERPYDUDE »»
Feb 19, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

44 by removed-user »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

45 by removed-user »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.