Forum Settings
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2019 11:27 AM

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She was right in the first chapter. He's trash to dismiss her being felt up on the train by a pervert. Like really, it's not a romantic comedy if they don't have some stupid love-hate relationship, but usually it's over a lot less than this. These are major things, he literally treats her worse and is worse than Domyoji in Boys Over Flowers.

Oct 7, 2022 4:33 PM
Aug 2022
Okay, so his mother (who REALLY wanted a girl) dressed her boy up in girl's clothes until he was old enough to realize what was going on and protest? Isn't that inherently an abusive thing to do, or at the very least extremely selfish? If this is the reason why he's so cold, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten some good therapy or something to work through his mother's abusive behavior towards him... and I don't mean just the abusive behavior in this case alone - I mean in every case after that, especially everything she does to pressure Naoki into loving Kotoko.  Fucking hell, I'm convinced that SHE'S the one obsessed with Kotoko, but can't act on those feelings, and uses Naoki for those ends.

To make matters infinitely worse, instead of the love interest (Kotoko) taking pity on Naoki here, she uses that information to blackmail him into helping her study? I get that Naoki deserves to be humiliated (to an extent) but did the person responsible for that humiliation have to be Kotoko, the future love interest?

Allow me to propose a different scenario: have another girl in Class F who crushes on Naoki just as much as Kotoko does, but take that obsession up to 11 so Kotoko's crush would look tame and somewhat pathetic in comparison.  That obsession could be how she gets her hands on the childhood photos of Naoki, and blackmails him for the explicit purpose of spending more time with him.  Kotoko could not only stand up for Naoki (even though he clearly doesn't deserve it) and challenge the girl in question to get the blackmailing material back from her if Kotoko makes it to the top 100 instead of her.  When she does eventually succeed and Naoki asks her why she did it, she could say something akin to "personal experience", hinting at knowing what it feels like to be humiliated over something you care about (in Kotoko's case, him), making Naoki feel terrible about the things he did to her prior to now.  That way, Naoki actually learns something, and Kotoko maintains the moral high ground.
MoonspiritXOct 21, 2022 6:35 PM
Oct 21, 2022 6:37 PM
Aug 2022
I can't stress enough just how inherently abusive Noriko, Naoki's mom, is in this manga. To make it worse, Kotoko takes advantage of that abuse to add more abuse: blackmailing the guy she loves into helping her study. Also, where is the dad in all this? Probably just a doormat when it comes to his wife's needs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 9 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 22, 2022

5 by MoonspiritX »»
Nov 21, 2022 7:46 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 8 Discussion

1 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 22, 2022 10:13 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 7 Discussion

0 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 22, 2022 10:04 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 6 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 9, 2022

2 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 9, 2022 11:10 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 5 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 9, 2022

2 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.