Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2019 3:39 PM
Nov 2018
I noticed that there aren't many forms on this topic so it will be interesting to see if people have suggestions.

Basically what I'm looking for is an anime where the main character has some god level attribute (power, weapon, ability, etc) that is ether legendary or from a prophecy.

I'm not quite sure if that topic is to broad, so here are a few other concepts I would enjoy seeing.

1. Everyone knows the MC's power exists due to prophecy or merely its greatness, but doesn't initially expect him to have it because of its rarity.

2. MC is a legendary hero that is prophesied to destroy some great evil.

3. MC acquires a rare power/ability/artifact and becomes one of the strongest people because of.

4. Has some hidden dormant power that the MC keeps under control, and letting it loose in a few battles.

5. MC is just plain flat out the best at what they do.

6. The MC is considered so brokenly OP that they might as well be from a prophecy (god level).

A few anime I have seen that fit this description, along with the way that they relate, are included in the following
*DISCLAIMER* I have never used the BBCode on MAL before so if the spoiler buttons don't appear then continue with caution!

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden

Boku no Hero Academia

Quanzhi Fashi

Tales of Zestiria the X

Sward Art Online

I have many more I can think of, but you should be able to get the general Idea off of that.

Ultimately if you cant think of anything, Just as long as the MC is OP then I am content. But please first try to find something specific to my request first.
-Thanks-
Jan 11, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2018
Black Clover < It keeps getting better and better, don't mind the MCs screaming :}

Bungou Stray Dogs
Jan 11, 2019 4:04 PM
Nov 2018
Cool! I saw the beginning of Black Clover and was very intrigued but I was also watching some other stuff at the time so I didn't think I was into watching something beyond 50 episodes. However I think I'll try and pick it up again.

Bungou Stray Dogs Sounds interesting as well. I'll add it to ma plan to watch list.
Thanks!
Jan 12, 2019 4:24 AM

May 2018
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - new releasing now quite similar to description
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - in this case he IS the evil
Nurarihyon no Mago
Jan 12, 2019 4:25 PM
Mar 2016
There's an anime airing now called The Rising of the Shield Hero where the MC is literally a prophesized hero. He isn't powerul at first but finish all of episode 1 before you judge.

These aren't "hero of prophecy" anime but they fit other things you say you like (ordered from best to slightly less good but still pretty good):

No Game No Life
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Log Horizon (this one is SAO minus the harem)
Trinity Seven
Hataraku Maou-sama
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (MC is one of the 4 great heroes of the world but he doesn't show it off much. This anime is pretty similar to Spice and Wolf)
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (I see you've watched season 1 but there's a season 2 and it's pretty good)
Blood Lad
Toaru Majutsu no Index

Also, there's a site called Anime Planet that has an Isekai anime category, and Isekai anime usually have an OP MC.

Good luck finding something you like!
VivalandeJan 12, 2019 4:29 PM
Jan 12, 2019 6:06 PM
Feb 2016
Quanzhi Gaosho: God-tier player play in newbe server.
Chrome Shelled Regios: One of the hero from battle city go to school at academic city.
Quanzhi Fashi: fits the point number 1.
Death march kara, isekai wa smartphone: Isekai with cheater as the mc.
Doupo Cangqiong, hikaru no go: fits the point 3, mc got a god-tier teacher.
Hitori no Shita: If I remember correctly, the mc is from a strong clan.
Higashi no Eden.
Fox spirit matchmaker: I recom to watch the 24ep of japanese, because I haven't watch the 6 season of Chinese lol. He is the reincarnation of legendary person (if I remember correctly)
K: the silver king who started everything.
Kaze no Stigma.
Kingdom.
Kuusen Madoushi, Asteric Record: a strong mc as the teacher.
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken: the first who conquered the dungeon.
Mahouka Kouko: Beyond Godlike person in highschool of magic.
Nanatsu No Taizai.
Nejimaki Seirei Senki.
No Game No Life.
Noragami.
Overlord.
Owari no Seraph.
Reikenzan.
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and betrayal, then tv series.
Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Your lie in april.
Towa no Quon.
Trigun.
Yao Shen Ji

I just end up looking at my list and give you some anime that I think pretty OP, sorry if u've watched a lot of them.
Jan 12, 2019 8:58 PM
Nov 2018
Vivalande said:
There's an anime airing now called The Rising of the Shield Hero where the MC is literally a prophesized hero. He isn't powerul at first but finish all of episode 1 before you judge.

These aren't "hero of prophecy" anime but they fit other things you say you like (ordered from best to slightly less good but still pretty good):

No Game No Life
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Log Horizon (this one is SAO minus the harem)
Trinity Seven
Hataraku Maou-sama
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (MC is one of the 4 great heroes of the world but he doesn't show it off much. This anime is pretty similar to Spice and Wolf)
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (I see you've watched season 1 but there's a season 2 and it's pretty good)
Blood Lad
Toaru Majutsu no Index

Also, there's a site called Anime Planet that has an Isekai anime category, and Isekai anime usually have an OP MC.

Good luck finding something you like!
Nice! For the most part I haven't seen any of these. I'll also give Anime Planet a try.
Jan 12, 2019 9:00 PM
Nov 2018
MirceaLisz said:
Quanzhi Gaosho: God-tier player play in newbe server.
Chrome Shelled Regios: One of the hero from battle city go to school at academic city.
Quanzhi Fashi: fits the point number 1.
Death march kara, isekai wa smartphone: Isekai with cheater as the mc.
Doupo Cangqiong, hikaru no go: fits the point 3, mc got a god-tier teacher.
Hitori no Shita: If I remember correctly, the mc is from a strong clan.
Higashi no Eden.
Fox spirit matchmaker: I recom to watch the 24ep of japanese, because I haven't watch the 6 season of Chinese lol. He is the reincarnation of legendary person (if I remember correctly)
K: the silver king who started everything.
Kaze no Stigma.
Kingdom.
Kuusen Madoushi, Asteric Record: a strong mc as the teacher.
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken: the first who conquered the dungeon.
Mahouka Kouko: Beyond Godlike person in highschool of magic.
Nanatsu No Taizai.
Nejimaki Seirei Senki.
No Game No Life.
Noragami.
Overlord.
Owari no Seraph.
Reikenzan.
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and betrayal, then tv series.
Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Your lie in april.
Towa no Quon.
Trigun.
Yao Shen Ji

I just end up looking at my list and give you some anime that I think pretty OP, sorry if u've watched a lot of them.
Thanks for the huge list! I have seen about half of them, but there are some I haven't even heard of before and I'm exited to try them out!

More topics from this board

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

62 by Alioli360 »»
11 minutes ago

» Looking for anime with Dystopian setting

Schlecka - Yesterday

3 by Schlecka »»
28 minutes ago

» Fantasy Setting and Magics Anime

shiroha - 4 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
40 minutes ago

» Looking for anime recs

Saiunknown - May 22

9 by shiroha »»
4 hours ago

» TV SERIES ABOVE 2005 WHICH ALREADY FINISH

dusitz - May 21

8 by Huskyhulk »»
Yesterday, 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.