Forum Settings
Forums

Shounen/Seinen Romance manga/anime with bullied/depressed/lonely/underdog (who get's stronger) male

New
Jul 28, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2016
Recently, I've been into romance manga/anime that involve a depressed main character, like Hikigaya for Oregairu or the main character in Iris Zero. I also like ones where the main male character starts off week but progressively gets stronger, DICE the cube that changes everything caught my attention, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy cuz it seems like unrequited love, could anyone tell me if I'd like it? Also the romance must actually go somewhere unlike in Oregairu. I'm already reading Horimiya, so don't say that lol.

And I do want it to be shounen/seinen and not shoujo/josei or for it to involve yaoi/yuri.

Thanks
Jul 28, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2016
Kaiji has a "lazy bum" protagonist who uses gambling to pulls himself out of debt. The first two editions of the manga have an anime, neither of which have romance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2017 3:36 PM
Apr 2016
katekyo hitman & history's strongest disciple kenichi both mc's are whimps who become stronger later, after the anime is done you can continue it on manga they're good series especially kenichi its manga is amazing
Jul 28, 2017 4:20 PM

Apr 2016
Oyasumi Punpun is first and foremost that you need to read

Onanie Master Kurosawa and Chikan Otoko came from same author

also:
Aku no Hana
reLIFE
Welcome to NHK
Otaku no Musume-san

Jul 29, 2017 12:20 AM
Jul 2016
gansh said:
katekyo hitman & history's strongest disciple kenichi both mc's are whimps who become stronger later, after the anime is done you can continue it on manga they're good series especially kenichi its manga is amazing

I swear neither of them has romance that goes anywhere though lol. I know I'm being picky but I absolutely hate it when it's only hinted at but nothing actually happens. I might still watch them later when I'm out of this mood though 😅
Jul 29, 2017 12:22 AM
Jul 2016
Zurajannai said:
Oyasumi Punpun is first and foremost that you need to read

Onanie Master Kurosawa and Chikan Otoko came from same author

also:
Aku no Hana
reLIFE
Welcome to NHK
Otaku no Musume-san

I've seen Welcome to the NHK but thanks. In Relife does anything actually happen in the manga?
Jul 29, 2017 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
Read Holyland, it's exactly what you are searching for
Jul 29, 2017 12:32 AM

Dec 2016
mosam00 said:

I've seen Welcome to the NHK but thanks. In Relife does anything actually happen in the manga?

Well can't say it does but it looks like its getting there.
Kariu and Ooga are moving forward tho lol. They had a kiss recently.
It's just that the chapters come out with too big a gap, monthly I think?

I haven't read much with shounen romance but since I'm posting anyway
Do you mind shoujo with male lead having a lot of problems? If not, you can try:
Orange
Bokura ga ita
Both could be considered depressed and lonely
Jul 29, 2017 12:57 AM
Jul 2016
Kratos805 said:
mosam00 said:

Well can't say it does but it looks like its getting there.
Kariu and Ooga are moving forward tho lol. They had a kiss recently.
It's just that the chapters come out with too big a gap, monthly I think?

I haven't read much with shounen romance but since I'm posting anyway
Do you mind shoujo with male lead having a lot of problems? If not, you can try:
Orange
Bokura ga ita
Both could be considered depressed and lonely

Aw man I don't really care about the side characters as much, I just remember watching the anime and shipping the main two a lot, but if nothing happens lol. I tend to avoid shoujo/josei but thanks anyway
Jul 29, 2017 6:04 AM

Apr 2016
mosam00 said:

Aw man I don't really care about the side characters as much, I just remember watching the anime and shipping the main two a lot, but if nothing happens lol. I tend to avoid shoujo/josei but thanks anyway

something definitely happen to both MC, but I can't say much without spoiling the main plot

Jul 29, 2017 11:22 AM
Jul 2016
Thanks, I've found a few more to read, anymore lol? I want to find as many as possible, it doesn't have to be manga, it can be manhwa, manhua or webtoons.
Jul 30, 2017 5:33 AM
Jul 2016
bump lol, soz i just want to have a long a list as possible 😅

More topics from this board

» TV SERIES ABOVE 2005 WHICH ALREADY FINISH

dusitz - May 21

8 by Huskyhulk »»
4 hours ago

» Any romances that have a happy or somewhat conclusive ending that I havent watched?

theanimefreak95 - May 22

9 by Huskyhulk »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for anime recs

Saiunknown - May 22

6 by mo_lave »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for chillin horror anime about ghosts

Shabo-kun - May 31

8 by JoeChip »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for anime with Dystopian setting

Schlecka - 12 hours ago

2 by Azulmagia88 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.