Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2015
Hello fellow WT fans!

The last chapter and especially the last discussion brought my attention back to the incident where Hatohara, Rinji and some unknown thrid parties used stolen triggers to escape to the neigborhood. This is a very interesting subject because we know so litlle. Here are the facts: Hatohara wanted to go on expedition but couldn't, Rinji told Osamu he was planning to leave with other people and they all disappeared together. That's it.

What were Hatohara's motives? Was there more to Rinji's? They didn't steal the ship so... how did they leave? What were the motives of the others? Who were the others (Mato?)? Does Ninomiya really knows more than we do? Does Border? So many questions that *might* start to make sense now that we have more info on the past. What do you think?
Oct 26, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
How did they leave is already answered. They jumped through one of the gates that dropped off Trion Soldiers.

Also what do you mean by AWOLs?
Oct 26, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
Botato said:
How did they leave is already answered. They jumped through one of the gates that dropped off Trion Soldiers.

Absent Without Official Leave
Sounds pretty fitting to me.

How did they know when and where the gate would open? Border doesn't know this so to me their *means* of escape is still a mystery.
Oct 26, 2016 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
LuzNight said:
Botato said:

How did they know when and where the gate would open? Border doesn't know this so to me their *means* of escape is still a mystery.
They had "suspected" spots where gates might open, and when Reiji explained Border's part of the story he specifically said they disappeared right where a gate opened.

As for how they based their guesses for possible gates, iirc Jin gives predictions of where gates are likely to open so that on duty squads can be on guard. She could have used that information.

Or you know, Jin might be behind it. We kind of forget about Jin's SE when it comes to Hatohara; why wasn't he aware of what she was about to do? Either he has a hand in it (as in she might have asked for his help), or he noticed what she was up to but either didn't interfere or subtly manipulated things so her plan would go smoothly.

The first guess is probably the least likely since Hatohara doesn't have any obvious connections to Jin so chances are she won't go out of her way to ask for his help. It has to be one of the other two cases tho, the only way for Jin not to know is if she avoided him so he won't see her near future, but I kind of doubt she'd be able to do that since he's needed everywhere. He must have seen her at least once right before starting the plan. Also he likes working behind the scenes so he could be related. Unless he was on an away mission at the time, which just makes the whole situation even more messy.

Idk there is too much to speculate I should probably stop writing now @_@
Oct 26, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2012
Botato said:
LuzNight said:

They had "suspected" spots where gates might open, and when Reiji explained Border's part of the story he specifically said they disappeared right where a gate opened.

As for how they based their guesses for possible gates, iirc Jin gives predictions of where gates are likely to open so that on duty squads can be on guard. She could have used that information.

Or you know, Jin might be behind it. We kind of forget about Jin's SE when it comes to Hatohara; why wasn't he aware of what she was about to do? Either he has a hand in it (as in she might have asked for his help), or he noticed what she was up to but either didn't interfere or subtly manipulated things so her plan would go smoothly.

The first guess is probably the least likely since Hatohara doesn't have any obvious connections to Jin so chances are she won't go out of her way to ask for his help. It has to be one of the other two cases tho, the only way for Jin not to know is if she avoided him so he won't see her near future, but I kind of doubt she'd be able to do that since he's needed everywhere. He must have seen her at least once right before starting the plan. Also he likes working behind the scenes so he could be related. Unless he was on an away mission at the time, which just makes the whole situation even more messy.

Idk there is too much to speculate I should probably stop writing now @_@

Or something more simple: stop Hatohara may have result to not trigger Osamu motivation to join Border (as he may have follow Chika brother's new plan), Osamu won't have found Yuma, ... and maybe lead to worst future. Jin know than he can't save everyone (like Replica) and make harsh choice (letting Chika be target) for the best future. He can't manipulate the future perfectly (as we know, the 2nd invasion was the 3rd best possible result) but he can influence to be the best possible. Saving Osamu and Chika was in the center of Jin's predication. How can we imagine what would have happen for the Border without Osamu (and possibly Chika)?

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 242 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

3 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 241 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

1 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

3 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.