Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2016 9:55 AM

May 2013
Okay, so who else is disappointed with Konohamaru?

Konohamaru first appeared in the second episode. Anyone would expect him to become a great ninja. Then, he really did show promise in Shippuuden. He turned out somewhat okay.

He even successfully hit a Rasengan to a Pain. He even made big claim that he would be a Hokage. Of course as Naruto's disciple, you would think he might actually make it.

Now, in this movie, he disappointed me. I did not expect him to be higher than Jounin rank, but I expected him to be a somewhat cool and strong. However, he used that lame tools and at the end, he was chased around by a panda. Kakashi would have played around reading his book around that panda.

Not only that, he just destroyed a very long and ancient legacy.
Hashirama & Tobirama -> Hiruzen -> Jiraiya -> Minato -> Kakashi -> Naruto -> Konohamaru -> Boruto
He's the only failure in that line.

So, disappointed with him?
Jan 23, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
If you think about it the third Hokage's student was pretty disappointing to. He was Naruto's teacher as well. So ugh... not surprised at all.

The first thing i thought was... Oh... that makes sense. Naruto's teacher was noob as well. And the world is now at peace. Not too many opportunities to improve yourself. He's probably only a Jounin because he's more knowledgeable though. Doesn't entirely depend on power/strength. Like how Naruto was a... Genin? the entire time lol

Jan 23, 2016 6:59 PM

May 2013
@duderus Third's student was not disappointing. Jiraiya didn't become a Hokage but, he's without a doubt the strongest in Konoha after Third's death. He's a lazy ass but he's still very cool and powerful.

Kakashi wasn't also a noob. He was a very well respected ex-ANBU. He also played an important role in the war.
Jan 24, 2016 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Oh my bad i was talking about Iruka Umino, and i forgot he was only inspired by the Third Hokage and was a chunin... Konohamaru though... it sounds pretty bold to call him a disciple. The guy barely learned jack-shit from Naruto. We never got to see him act as an instructor or w/e... wasn't he still a Genin when the war was over.

Naruto's ninja rank as we know it were only... Genin and then Kage. He didn't even have that many techniques to teach in the first place. Just the Sage mode, shadow clones and rasengan. His nine-tails is his own. Though, honestly i don't give a shit about this series anymore... it's finally over. Let it end already >.>

Tired of all these fillers and side stories/sequel movies.

Jan 24, 2016 6:35 PM

May 2013
Lol no wonder. I was confused back there.

Yeah, Naruto was not his team leader. It was Ebisu (that guy with sunglasses). Still, Naruto passed on his Rasengan, Shadow Clone, and Sexy Jutsu to him. Naruto didn't even learn much from Kakashi (except basic training like tree-climbing and such) either.

Maybe it was just me expecting too much from Konohamaru. I actually like him in Shippuuden since he turned out quite cool, especially when he hit Pain with Rasengan.
Jan 31, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm... it looks like we will get to see a lot more of Konohamaru... at least potentially maybe?

I didn't realize the author for Naruto was gonna start serializing a manga series for Boruto. And since he's the team leader maybe he'll try to show off a bit? O.o

Not sure what the new series can offer us at this point... the other Boruto movie i guess will be related to the manga since i think they both come out during the same month... probably same day too but i don't want to research that lol. Not like i can watch it the same day anyways.

Feb 15, 2016 4:23 PM
Nov 2015
I know but i thinks he will haves help with a other jounin.

In naruto, we haves a lot of timeskip after the fight is 20 years later. We dont know what he do in that time (Naruto).
Aug 13, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
I feel the same... Konohamaru's character was probably what bugged me the most from this movie. I kept thinking "So is he still aiming for Hokage after Naruto or did his own path change along the way as he grew up?"

I kinda expected more from him than just being the regular kind of teacher like how he was portrayed. He gave more like an Iruka-like vibe rather than a Naruto-like vibe which he had in the series.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto the Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

R4vel - Oct 10, 2015

167 by rohan121 »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:21 PM

» 8-tails dead? 1-7 aswell then?

Aapjuh - Apr 14, 2017

2 by darkestTimes »»
Mar 18, 2022 9:36 AM

» What to watch first?

SouL_Prisoner - Jun 6, 2017

7 by nightscape94 »»
Nov 6, 2017 11:06 AM

» Boruto : Naruto the Movie?

LokoFive - Oct 27, 2016

4 by Abyhape »»
May 3, 2017 10:54 AM

» The New Gen

Tatyonna - Nov 21, 2016

0 by Tatyonna »»
Nov 21, 2016 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.