Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2016 6:38 PM
Aug 2014
Disclaimer: PLEASE look at my list. Lately I've repeatedly been getting different recommendations for stuff already on my list. Please check the Completed, PTW, On Hold, and such, and recommend something on none of them. That being said, on to the main part.

So, I just finished Nozakis Monthly Girls, or something of the like? Anyways, it was VERY good. My biggest gripe is the fact that he seemed to be stupid about the main heroine liking him (though nowhere NEAR as bad as some anime), and that the romance wasn't/hasn't been resolved. I want just an innocent romance too, though I'm not opposed to occasional fan service. My top 2 disliked romances are Ai Yori Aoshi and ef : Tale of Memories. Ai Yori Aoshis lead was absolutely terrible written. The plot was stupid, but how dumb and clingy the heroine came off as didn't help. Which is weird cause I loved Golden Time. Anyways, ef I hated the obvious fact that they had coitus at the end, and that it was ill placed (plus I don't like romances that end with fornication typically). Also, it was too depressing the whole time, and really dim. An honorable mention is White Album 2. It was meh. I'm a fan of both music and romance anime, but it failed as both. It wasn't properly blended, so it seemed choppy plot wise.

Anyways, I want something sorta like Golden Time or Season 1 of Nisekoi, with a cute plot driven romance and such. I'm only interested in completed anime. Thanks for any and all help!
mapleleafsrfJan 22, 2016 7:57 PM
Jan 22, 2016 7:37 PM

Mar 2015
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - Light hearted romance with action and a bit of comedy
Jan 22, 2016 7:45 PM

May 2015
ookami shoujo to kuro ouji
working!!!
servant x service
mikakunin de shinkoukei
amagami ss
Jan 22, 2016 8:08 PM

Oct 2014
Zero no Tsukaima -- If you want to finally see them as a bona fide couple you pretty much have to watch it to the end of the last season. Good mix of humor, romance, action and (of course) fanservice/ecchi.

School Rumble -- More for the humor than the romance (though I haven't gotten around to the sequel to report on that yet).

Sora no Manimani -- Also more for the humor as the romance aspect is meh (it's close to being a harem though not quite). The astronomy aspect is nice, too.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jan 23, 2016 8:58 AM

Jan 2016
Ultimate Romance - anime list here :

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mischelle93

-enjoy ^^
Jan 23, 2016 10:44 AM
Sep 2012
Mischelle93 said:

-enjoy ^^

I would not call an list that drops White Album 2 and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien with a score of 5 the "ultimate romance list"
Jan 23, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2016
ChihayaHARD said:
Mischelle93 said:

-enjoy ^^

I would not call an list that drops White Album 2 and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien with a score of 5 the "ultimate romance list"

Well I got bored watching the drama ^^

*edit

Well I reconsidered and rewatched it , and I guess I wasn't in right mood at the time of watching those, that explains the negative leftover feelings as a memory. Thanks for appointing because those shows really didn't deserve "average" score , so be it I edited it on second though.
-my apologies if it wasn't accurate or if it somehow offended you.
GiveYouTheWorldJan 23, 2016 2:53 PM
Jan 23, 2016 7:33 PM
Aug 2014
Mischelle93 said:
ChihayaHARD said:

*edit

Well I reconsidered and rewatched it , and I guess I wasn't in right mood at the time of watching those, that explains the negative leftover feelings as a memory. Thanks for appointing because those shows really didn't deserve "average" score , so be it I edited it on second though.

Honestly, 5 is accurate for White Album 2 IMO. 5 isn't a bad score, especially since I personally found it average.
Jan 23, 2016 7:39 PM

Sep 2014
Maison Ikkoku

and

Ranma 1/2

After that, if you still need more, watch Ah My Goddess
Jan 23, 2016 7:40 PM
Aug 2014
Mischelle, all credibility is lost when School Days and SAO have 10s. Sorry, not sorry, lol.
Jan 23, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
+999 Servant X Service

Working!! (resolved later in sequel)
Toshokan Sensou (resolved later in sequel)
Jan 23, 2016 7:45 PM
Aug 2014
Zoltor said:
Maison Ikkoku

and

Ranma 1/2

After that, if you still need more, watch Ah My Goddess

Do you know of anything shorter? Lol, didn't know there were any romances that long tbh.
Jan 23, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2010
Toshokan Sensou - slow burn romance with some funny moments
Jan 23, 2016 7:46 PM
Aug 2014
Zoltor said:
mapleleafsrf said:
Mischell, ll credibility is lost when School Days and SAO have 10s. Sorry, not sorry, lol.

Who are you posting to, because it sure Isn't me?

I consider SAO one of the worst anime ever made, and it is the biggest abomination in the history of the written world.

As far as school days go, I avoid crap like that altogether, so yea, don't know who you are talking about.

Look up at Mischelle. I kept screwing up the name.
Jan 23, 2016 7:47 PM

Sep 2014
mapleleafsrf said:
Zoltor said:

Who are you posting to, because it sure Isn't me?

I consider SAO one of the worst anime ever made, and it is the biggest abomination in the history of the written world.

As far as school days go, I avoid crap like that altogether, so yea, don't know who you are talking about.

Yea, I noticed that after I posted lol, but evidently didn't delete my post fast enough.
Jan 23, 2016 7:50 PM
Aug 2014
Zoltor said:
mapleleafsrf said:

Yea, I noticed that after I posted lol, but evidently didn't delete my post fast enough.

Lol, it's cool. I didn't know you deleted till after I posted and you had responded, lol.
Jan 23, 2016 8:08 PM
Sep 2012
Mischelle93 said:
ChihayaHARD said:

*edit

It didn't offend me at all, it's just that I kinda couldnt accept that you would drop them off a romance list. Btw I am glad you liked it, WA2 is one of my all-time favorite dramas. :)
Jan 23, 2016 8:25 PM
Sep 2012
mapleleafsrf said:
Mischelle, all credibility is lost when School Days and SAO have 10s. Sorry, not sorry, lol.

I kinda agree SAO is not worth a 10, but as for School Days I dont get the point. It's just a traditional romance w/o the moe bullshit and classic-highschool-romcom feel. Even tho the characters are young and the anime scenario's mostly around highschool, the plot itself is very deep, just like in WA2. There are lots of NTR-Harem mangas with the same feeling as School Days yet they dont get 1/5 the hate our community does to School Days. I think today's romances are popular if they appeal to moe characters and cute innocent love, and thats why people hate on School Days when they see it, since its plot is more mature and shows the dire side of romance, with no other bs as moe to back you up for the trash plot.(It's just my opinion, you are free to ignore it if you dont agree w/ it)

So if someone asks me for real good Dramas around harem-romance I would totally include School Days on that list as a 7-8/10
Jan 23, 2016 9:20 PM
Aug 2014
ChihayaHARD said:
mapleleafsrf said:

I kinda agree SAO is not worth a 10, but as for School Days I dont get the point. It's just a traditional romance w/o the moe bullshit and classic-highschool-romcom feel. Even tho the characters are young and the anime scenario's mostly around highschool, the plot itself is very deep, just like in WA2. There are lots of NTR-Harem mangas with the same feeling as School Days yet they dont get 1/5 the hate our community does to School Days. I think today's romances are popular if they appeal to moe characters and cute innocent love, and thats why people hate on School Days when they see it, since its plot is more mature and shows the dire side of romance, with no other bs as moe to back you up for the trash plot.(It's just my opinion, you are free to ignore it if you dont agree w/ it)

So if someone asks me for real good Dramas around harem-romance I would totally include School Days on that list as a 7-8/10

I agree with most, pretty close to all, of what you said, and your rating is fair. My problem is a 10 for it, and though it IS a romance, I just find it misleading. I'm not a fan of a super dark twist for, in my eyes, little to no reason. It was good and entertaining, but I think a 10 is a bit of a stretch there. I also found White Album 2 to be extremely overdramatized and quite lackin tbh.

More topics from this board

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
7 hours ago

» Anime that fits this criteria? (or similar to GaoGaiGar)

GoldionHammer - Today

9 by GoldionHammer »»
7 hours ago

» Romance Drama

AdityaRizkiS - Sep 15

5 by UberBat »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for a certain shade of brown hair

Nagi_Karman - Today

3 by mo_lave »»
8 hours ago

» Recommend some anime (slice of life).

rey_s9 - Sep 12

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.