Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a fine/it-could-have-been-better series. It had potential, but lacks a lot in technical execution. Concept is original, it's a shame this would never become a classic.

Jul 29, 2022 10:20 AM

Mar 2021
I always really enjoy this series when I watch it, but it also has one of the worst endings I have ever seen in an anime. Rumina beats Pairon and Kashin far too easily for an amateur, but what followed just made no sense. Kashin opens the door to release the dragons on the world (whatever they are) for revenge, but I always thought it was Pairon that was looking for revenge against the surface, not Kashin.

Then we have Ruri using her power and we have no idea what she even did. She just tells Rumina to trust her and she somehow saves all of the people in the slums without any reason how and they end up back on the surface...........the end. So what about everybody else? are they saved as well? and what did she even do?

We just have to use our imagination and come up with our own reason to explain this. All I can assume is that when Kashin opened the door to release these dragons, she absorbed their power with her own (somehow) and used it to save everybody in the Underground, with that power somehow also being able to transport everybody to the surface. How she was able to absorb that power is anybodys guess.
Oct 27, 2023 12:42 AM

Dec 2022
The ending lacked the sequencing or explanation it should've had because the series previously had a glacially slow pace to it, and decided to wrap everything up in the last few minutes. It does leave you wondering what happened to the other Underground residents, or where/how Ruri acquired this astounding power.

Aside from the ending, this anime was decent. The Underground and The Company were intriguing concepts that were elaborated on to an appreciable extent, and it did make an effort to provide a role to even the most minor of newly introduced characters, sometimes even giving them recurring screentime where they build new connections or come to realisations about the nature of The Company. I do, however, really wish the animation was better, especially during the action scenes.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Underground Episode 25 Discussion

Archean-Return - Oct 26, 2023

0 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:33 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Underground Episode 24 Discussion

0 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:08 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Underground Episode 23 Discussion

0 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Underground Episode 22 Discussion

0 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 26, 2023 9:57 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Underground Episode 21 Discussion

0 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 26, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.