Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2014 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
I really like this LN. Anyone know the possibilities of this getting an anime?
LOL
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 8, 2014 5:28 AM

Jul 2012
Don't really know the possibilities but I'd put my guess around after the published Volume 13 is released or maybe after Volume 7 if it's lucky enough to be chosen based on the plot and story to be fleshed out in the anime. Not sure if productions use web novel content or not so yeah...
A follower of The Church of the Three Goddesses.
A believer of the Roxy Faith.
♥ Roxy ♥
Dec 16, 2014 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
To get an anime adaptation it generally needs to sell well, and neither the light novel nor the manga are selling all that well. If you ever see it on the best selling light novels weekly then there's a good chance, but until then you shouldn't hold your breath.

http://forums.lndb.info/showthread.php?tid=54
Dec 16, 2014 6:22 PM
Mar 2012
Mushoku Tensei actually has been selling like hotcakes, but if you compare them to other big-shot series, of course it'll be out of the rankings. Every one of the volumes has appeared in the weekly top rankings when they get released so I say it's doing pretty well.

As for chances of it getting an anime adaption, it's definitely questionable. If it does, expect it to be heavily censored and butchered especially with Rudeus' monologues omitted.
Dec 17, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
LastChapter said:
Mushoku Tensei actually has been selling like hotcakes, but if you compare them to other big-shot series, of course it'll be out of the rankings. Every one of the volumes has appeared in the weekly top rankings when they get released so I say it's doing pretty well.

As for chances of it getting an anime adaption, it's definitely questionable. If it does, expect it to be heavily censored and butchered especially with Rudeus' monologues omitted.

Oh, but I tried looking up Mushoku Tensei sales and I couldn't find anything. My bad then. Can you link the sales? And I'd be fine even if it's a crappy adaptation, as long as some of the parts are really cool. An adaptation would make it a lot more popular at the very least.
Dec 25, 2014 9:30 PM

May 2008
Mushoku Tensei could be lucky enough to get an anime adaptation sometime in the future, but it will be a tricky one to adapt and get right though.

I went to my local bookstore in Nagoya a few days ago and when asking where I could find volume 2, a worker said they've sold out, and told me she is also a fan of the series along with several of the other workers at the store. It appears to be doing really well and I think it's popularity will continue to grow.
Dec 26, 2014 6:18 AM

Mar 2013
I'm pretty sure it will get an anime in 2015. Rokka No Yuusha got an anime adaption, and neither LN/Manga sell that much. Mushoku sells more than Rokka. So maybe it gets one too. Well lets hope.
Dec 26, 2014 3:01 PM
Mar 2012
Rokka no Yuusha not selling as well as Mushoku Tensei? I'd love to see where you got that info. RnY got the top 10 spot in Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi for two years straight, with the first time being in third place after the SAO and Toaru powerhouses. The only reason it doesn't have a three-year streak is because the series didn't release a new volume in 2014 until after this year's KLNgS. Rokka no Yuusha is no doubt a bestseller, appealing to the general reading audience unlike MT which only has a specific target audience.

We're also forgetting that MT doesn't have that many volumes out. Only 5 are released, with a 6th coming out at the end of February. RnY is the exception getting an adaption at 5 volumes because it's that big of a hit with enough content to span 2 cours easily. Again, as much as I would love to see MT adapted into an anime and see it butchered, we'll have to face the facts. Tenkyou no Alderamin would be a much safer bet to see an anime adaption

@Rance-sama
Here are the rankings for each initial volume release: 1, 2, 3. 4. 5
Dec 27, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
Well I'm just going by LN/Manga rankings. MT ranks almost every new volume that it releases, while I only seen RnY rank once. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm just going by the LN/manga sales.
Jan 19, 2015 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
I can see it getting one if they tone down some of the prologue elements but honestly I hope if it does its way better than the manga's adaptation.

btw I can confirm as well MT is definitely selling better than RnY. Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi is a popularity poll not a sales chart or anything.
cloudsoraJan 19, 2015 1:42 PM
Jul 26, 2015 12:53 AM

Aug 2012
It'll take a miracle to have a proper anime adaptation if it comes down to it. The novel relies heavily on exposition which is incredibly hard to show/express in an anime format.
Aug 21, 2015 12:57 AM
Oct 2013
But Hunter x Hunter managed to pull off an exposition, including each character's monologues, making it one of the best Shounen anime. Albeit it lasted for 100+ episodes. If a studio could pull off 60+ episodes then I think it's possible to fully adapt all information from the MT's universe.
Apr 7, 2016 10:49 PM

Feb 2014
They better create an anime adaptation about this (Including the sex scenes)...
LOL
Apr 8, 2016 6:59 PM
Nov 2015
*9,930 **9,930 Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Vol.10

Just out of curiosity, since`i`ve been a member around here for a few months, do these numbers mean that the novel is selling well?
Apr 14, 2016 1:32 AM

Jun 2013
Haven't checked the sales for MT recently but it is definitely one of the more popular LN's, both in Japan and other countries (I actually found MT by looking on baka updates for the most popular series). I'm actually surprised it hasn't been licensed yet, though if it does get licensed I'm definitely buying it.

That said, I would so want an anime adaptation, but it'd definitely need to be 50+ episodes, and no sex scenes since less people would watch it. It can definitely do very well, though I dunno which studio should animate it, any ideas?
Jun 15, 2016 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
bronx819 said:
Haven't checked the sales for MT recently but it is definitely one of the more popular LN's, both in Japan and other countries (I actually found MT by looking on baka updates for the most popular series). I'm actually surprised it hasn't been licensed yet, though if it does get licensed I'm definitely buying it.

That said, I would so want an anime adaptation, but it'd definitely need to be 50+ episodes, and no sex scenes since less people would watch it. It can definitely do very well, though I dunno which studio should animate it, any ideas?

With how Re:Zero is going, definitely White Fox. Although it would be the biggest (in size) series they would have ever done.
Jun 16, 2016 6:18 AM

Jul 2012
JeBleach said:
bronx819 said:

With how Re:Zero is going, definitely White Fox. Although it would be the biggest (in size) series they would have ever done.

Yes, with how Re:Zero is selling, it's obvious that White Fox will try to adapt more of these types of novels. Re:Zero is easier to adapt since it starts showing some of its strengths, but if they do a good job to hook people, Mushoku can turn out to be a legendary anime.
Apr 15, 2017 2:58 PM

Aug 2011
I think it would be pretty hard to make a good anime out of Mushoku Tensei.
Novel covers timespan of what, 30 years? How to animate all that?!

Also, character design will have to change over time, which will be expensive. Usually in anime characters don't change.

Having a lot of time skips within one season seems pretty bad. They could make a lot of seasons with time skips between them. Something like that. But that also means that the first season should be successful. Would it cover first book, Rudeus age 0-5? I suspect it would not be enough for a season, there is not much going on. SO maybe it will cover books 1-2 or even 1-5.
May 12, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2016
I think its unlikely and even if it is adapted it won't retain the same charm as a lot of stuff will have to be omitted, namely the monologues and sex scenes. So the chances of getting a good adaptation is next to nil but i do hope it gets one!
May 14, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2018
I wonder if that supposed to be adaptation follows the flow of events in the manga version instead...
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Nov 11, 2018 12:52 AM
May 2017
well 2018 and still nothing, but I don't lose hope the manga is popular and even has a spin-off it even came out in france
Mar 15, 2019 4:13 PM
Sep 2014
An anime adaptation was finally announced just recently !

https://myanimelist.net/news/57136701
Aug 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Feb 2014
Shining-Abyss said:

Yay! Hope they put the sex scenes :lewd:
LOL
Aug 30, 2019 12:50 PM
Sep 2014
Phanolo said:
Shining-Abyss said:

Yay! Hope they put the sex scenes :lewd:

I agree, it could be subtle like in Parasyte.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: Poll: » Best Girl ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 18, 2014

57 by Louie002XvX »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:54 AM

Sticky: » Light Novel Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 18, 2014

31 by Shujuku »»
Mar 11, 2021 11:16 PM

» Mushoku Tensei finally gets an anime adaption - Teaser

xShinx - Jan 11, 2020

0 by xShinx »»
Jan 11, 2020 3:55 AM

Sticky: » Manga Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 18, 2014

9 by CrystaLyse »»
May 14, 2018 9:39 AM

» Mushoku Tensei Fan Arts

xShinx - Sep 22, 2015

1 by xShinx »»
Dec 18, 2015 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.