Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2014 11:13 PM

Jul 2013
So my friend gave me his PS Vita, only notable game it came with was Mortal Kombat

Did some searching and I'm interested between 2 Atlus games

Persona 4: Golden
OR
Conception 2

Really wanna know which one I should get, I have a friend who has both games, wondering if there's any online option to either of the games as well

Thanks for the help!
~Wulf

P.S. Any other games that I may enjoy as well? I'm open to suggestions
May 13, 2014 11:15 PM

Mar 2008
That's an easy choice. Persona 4: Golden.

If you've played 999, I'd consider checking out Virtue's Last Reward as well.
May 13, 2014 11:22 PM

Feb 2013
I've only played the original persona 4, but I have to say, that is one of my favorite games ever. I enjoy how they incorporate high school life social events with a diverse range of characters in a game that also has dungeon dwelling rpg elements. I would definitely recommend getting persona 4 golden.

I would also get danganronpa for the ps vita, if you're into games where you follow the storyline and identify murderers from evidence you find yourself. Though you can just watch the anime, as many others will say, the game is so much better due to a number of reasons. I really enjoyed the investigations and plot twists that take place in the school, so if you're into those things, consider danganronpa.
May 13, 2014 11:23 PM
Nov 2008
i'd get both, i have both and they're pretty fun.

i'd also recommend sorcery saga, danganronpa: trigger happy havoc, and virtue's last reward.
May 13, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2013
danganronpa: trigger happy havoc, is that a remake of the OG game or what?

Google brings me some pretty graphics
May 14, 2014 1:41 AM
Nov 2008
The_Wulf said:
danganronpa: trigger happy havoc, is that a remake of the OG game or what?

Google brings me some pretty graphics
it's an enhanced port of the psp version. super danganronpa 2 has gotten a similar treatment, and is being released in the west in september.
May 14, 2014 7:05 AM

May 2011
Conception is NTR shit. Persona 4 Golden is only NTR shit if you decide to romance more than one girl, and even then its them getting NTR'd not you. So I'd go with that. Its also probably the best Vita game out right now
May 14, 2014 7:08 AM

Oct 2013
Get Dangan Ronpa and Disgaea 3, Deception IV is a pretty rad game too.
May 14, 2014 7:15 AM

Aug 2008
Akiba's Trip 2 is seeing a localized release very soon, that should be a given purchase for the system. It has dual audio, if you were wondering.

http://www.amazon.com/AKIBAS-TRIP-Undead-Undressed-PlayStation-3/dp/B00IZ9T9QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400076802&sr=8-1&keywords=akiba%27s+trip

I'd also recommend getting a second memory card (at least 8GB) and making a Japanese PSN account to play PSO2. By now I just play everything on my Japanese PSN account. The carts are region free, so it's not like it matters.

Oh, and P4G over Conception 2 any day.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
May 14, 2014 7:17 AM

Oct 2013
Oh, I forgot, Senran Kagura shinovi versus is coming to Vita!
May 15, 2014 10:45 PM

Jul 2013
sonnandeskcar said:
Conception is NTR shit. Persona 4 Golden is only NTR shit if you decide to romance more than one girl, and even then its them getting NTR'd not you. So I'd go with that. Its also probably the best Vita game out right now

Oh god, not NTR, thanks for the heads up.

Also, any "Western" games you suggest? I live in Hawaii so foreign games are a limited market here and I don't like ordering stuff online too much.
May 15, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2011
The Vita doesn't really have any western games worth mentioning besides indies. Tearaway is supposedly good, though it doesn't interest me personally.

http://i.imgur.com/j0Orb1p.jpg
May 15, 2014 11:22 PM
Mar 2011
The_Wulf said:
sonnandeskcar said:

Also, any "Western" games you suggest? I live in Hawaii so foreign games are a limited market here and I don't like ordering stuff online too much.

right a place were over s third of the people of of east asian decent nad the place were arashi was formed
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 15, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
Persona 4G is a definite buy.
Other worthy games to play are Gravity Rush, Tearaway and depending on what you like perhaps Disgaea, FFX and Virtue's Last Reward.

I'd highly recommend just getting PSN+ though to play a handful of these PSV games as paying 20 bucks for a month of 'free games' is worth it. Instead of paying hundreds to beat a game and have it collect dust.

Just keep in mind if you don't want to keep paying monthly you'll have to beat the free games within a month though, as it 'locks' the games from your account once your membership expires.

Not a lot of great games out just yet, but assuming Sony sticks behind their words at the conferences, Vita should be getting a lot more love very soon.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 16, 2014 1:52 AM
Nov 2008
The_Wulf said:
sonnandeskcar said:

conception isn't ntr, it's harem.
May 16, 2014 7:13 AM

May 2011
Heredity said:
The_Wulf said:
sonnandeskcar said:

You're probably right, but I thought there was an NTR aspect with the whole classmating via online play. As in, without your consent or anything, your waifu will classmate with another player and will bear their starchild and will appear in front of you after the fact looking hot and bothered. Sounds like NTR to me. That is, that your waifu/ harem gets drilled by countless faceless dicks the moment you connect to the internet. Only reason why I never bought the game.
May 16, 2014 10:16 AM

Jun 2011
sonnandeskcar said:

You're probably right, but I thought there was an NTR aspect with the whole classmating via online play. As in, without your consent or anything, your waifu will classmate with another player and will bear their starchild and will appear in front of you after the fact looking hot and bothered. Sounds like NTR to me. That is, that your waifu/ harem gets drilled by countless faceless dicks the moment you connect to the internet. Only reason why I never bought the game.

None of the online functions are automatic. I don't even know how they work, since I've never tried them, but people can't just connect to your game without you going into the online mode.
May 16, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2013
Well, thanks guys, i've decided on P4G as my first game of choice, from what I hear it has a really good story to back it up
May 16, 2014 8:23 PM
Nov 2008
sonnandeskcar said:
Heredity said:
The_Wulf said:
sonnandeskcar said:

well, your loss. that's not how the online elements works though.

More topics from this board

» What are your favorite anime games and list down their pros and cons

DafuqBOOM - Mar 7

4 by ZAIRETHEGUY »»
31 minutes ago

» Do you play games in which you have to actually work to make it playable?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

3 by Vampire_Lord »»
44 minutes ago

» What gives you instant motivation to plat/100% a game

Joesaka - Jun 8

16 by Vampire_Lord »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Cs:go or Valorant?

bernierimo - Nov 1, 2020

43 by 88expert »»
3 hours ago

» Best site to rate and discuss video games?

lucjan - Jun 10

3 by Nette »»
Yesterday, 5:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.