Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 5, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2013
It was probably noticeable years ago, but it seems like this show isn't going to continue after all. One of the only shows I was desperate to get a continuation for, and it has nothing so far. It actually surprises me as to how this show didn't reach a third season yet; it was really good and I've seen a lot of people praise this show to death.

It would make sense that the economic aspect of the show might turn people away from this and its light novel counterpart, but come on. I think if this show got a third season, the large amount of people to support it would give satisfying results; at least I think it would. That way we can get more seasons to finish the large chunk of material that's left.

Ughh, it's wishful thinking, but I was really hoping that the light novels and manga (I think there's one of this) would sell well enough to keep going. Damn it, this sucks.

Time to go pout for the rest of the day.
May 15, 2014 3:17 PM
May 2014
well, there's got to be good mommentum in popularity for studios to pick up S&W again. it sucks, but ppl always think in profit, and as of now, the popularity of s&W is like throwing a dart at a dart table. i really like this anime and its so underrated, and i wish there's some way the anime picks up
Jul 2, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
Just finished it and disappointed by the ending which was not a real ending. More material, a season 3 or ovas would satisfy me
Jul 3, 2014 4:26 PM

Jun 2010
There won't be a third season.
MaouYuusha somehow proves it. If you've watched it then you probably know what I'm talking about.
They tried to bring the subject back with this fantasy/economy mixed adventure in order to satisfy a bit of the fandom, it kind of worked and it was nice to see the direction and cast back together... but it didn't bring enough profit so the project was abandoned -like S&W-
If we EVER get a 3rd season, it would be something like ZeroNoTsukaima Finalle. Just a 12eps short series for the joy of fans. However, since we lack the ecchi and fanservice in the original S&W story, I doubt they will make it. Obviously, 12 episodes aren't enough to tell the story of 10 freaking volumes, so... yea, read the novels (btw, YenPress translation is marvelous, but they're pretty slow.. still on Vol. 11).
Jul 4, 2014 3:21 AM
Feb 2012
xbobx said:
There won't be a third season.
MaouYuusha somehow proves it. If you've watched it then you probably know what I'm talking about.
They tried to bring the subject back with this fantasy/economy mixed adventure in order to satisfy a bit of the fandom, it kind of worked and it was nice to see the direction and cast back together... but it didn't bring enough profit so the project was abandoned -like S&W-
If we EVER get a 3rd season, it would be something like ZeroNoTsukaima Finalle. Just a 12eps short series for the joy of fans. However, since we lack the ecchi and fanservice in the original S&W story, I doubt they will make it. Obviously, 12 episodes aren't enough to tell the story of 10 freaking volumes, so... yea, read the novels (btw, YenPress translation is marvelous, but they're pretty slow.. still on Vol. 11).

I agree they tried MY but it's not like they failed with it that S&W wouldn't make it, for example, I love S&W but I didn't really like MY after all. My point is, there is no substitute for S&W, Holo is Holo, not a big boobed devil king (hope you get my point).
I really think that it is still possible for a 3rd season, why? Look at Sailor Moon, having it's 20TH BIRTHDAY and releasing a new season this Summer. Another one? Mushishi, it's been 8 years since the first season and yet they're releasing a brand new one + OVA.
We still have hope, just need to press them to make it, I really really REALLY did not like the ending of the 2°Season of S&W, it didn't finish there, it's not a good ending, they need to at least end in a part where it's more acceptable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Sep 16, 2009

133 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.