Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 9, 2014 5:15 PM

Sep 2012
ScazoN said:

I actually do listen to many white rappers but they are repititive and actually wannabes of eminem himself. They rap about how they are 'white' and how 'whites are also good rappers'. Please name a good white rapper that you think is good other than Em. inb4 Yelawolf,Mac Miller,Machine Gun Kelly

The Beasty Boys, Aesop Rock, El P, Slug, Celph Tiltled, Action Bronson, Evidence...

Son, please!
May 9, 2014 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
SetsukoHara said:
ScazoN said:

I actually do listen to many white rappers but they are repititive and actually wannabes of eminem himself. They rap about how they are 'white' and how 'whites are also good rappers'. Please name a good white rapper that you think is good other than Em. inb4 Yelawolf,Mac Miller,Machine Gun Kelly

The Beasty Boys, Aesop Rock, El P, Slug, Celph Tiltled, Action Bronson, Evidence...

Son, please!

SetsukoHara knows.

Also you pretty much proved what i said. You mentioned some really mainstream white rappers so it's a fact that you don't listen to enough Hip-Hop. Also all the cats SetsukoHara mentioned are better than Kendrick. Except for Beastie Boys in a lyrical sense.
May 9, 2014 5:45 PM
Dec 2013
SetsukoHara said:
ScazoN said:

Son, please!
Lmao , I was talking about recent rappers mang... (00's)
Yes I love the Beastie Boys & Aesop Rock myself! They were the shit.

LAOG said:
Also you pretty much proved what i said. You mentioned some really mainstream white rappers so it's a fact that you don't listen to enough Hip-Hop. Also all the cats SetsukoHara mentioned are better than Kendrick. Except for Beastie Boys in a lyrical sense.
Fair enough, and I mentioned them because I hate them. I don't even listen to there music.

These guys are pretty dope though
UchihaMay 9, 2014 5:50 PM
May 9, 2014 6:01 PM
Aug 2013
ScazoN said:
LAOG said:
ScazoN said:
Only good "white" rapper is Eminem.
Rap/HipHop is getting worse by the years but then you have people like Kendrick Lamar and Tech n9ne who save it.

It's all Lil Wayne's fault.

...YOUNG MULA BABYYYYYY

Clearly you don't listen to enough Hip-Hop if you think Eminem is the only good white rapper.
Kendrick Lamar > All white rappers. (Exept EM)

Someone apparently glazed over my previous post on the previous page.
May 9, 2014 6:18 PM
Dec 2013
VerbalEssences said:
Nah , The rappers you mentioned are lesser known because they are horrific(except Aesap Rock), It all comes down to taste anyways so...EMCEE SCAZBREEZY OUT.
May 9, 2014 8:59 PM
Aug 2013
ScazoN said:
VerbalEssences said:
Nah , The rappers you mentioned are lesser known because they are horrific(except Aesap Rock), It all comes down to taste anyways so...EMCEE SCAZBREEZY OUT.

So according to you......

Eyedea (R.I.P)
Sage Francis
Slug of Atmosphere
Apathy
Soul Khan
Sadistik
Iron Solomon
Charron

are whack........right......then..........

which is funny cause Setsuko pretty much posted a similar list and I didn't hear any complaints
VerbalEssencesMay 9, 2014 9:02 PM
May 9, 2014 9:16 PM
Dec 2013
VerbalEssences said:
ScazoN said:
VerbalEssences said:

So according to you......

Eyedea (R.I.P)
Sage Francis
Slug of Atmosphere
Apathy
Soul Khan
Sadistik
Iron Solomon
Charron

are whack........right......then..........

which is funny cause Setsuko pretty much posted a similar list and I didn't hear any complaints
I didn't agree or complain to Setsuko's list , I just said that I love Beastie Boys and Aesap Rock from it.
According to me personally*. Don't get butthurt over my opinion of your list dude, I'm just saying what I like.
May 9, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2014
>About 3 well known white rappers
>becoming too white

lol
May 9, 2014 9:32 PM

Nov 2013
Iron Solomon, Soul Khan, and Apathy are horrible at making hip-hop music. They are all good battle rappers but that's it. Soul Khan had a decent mixtape but he should stick to battle rapping.
May 9, 2014 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
cabacc2 said:
"too" white.

As if this was even slightly relevant. I just listen to the music, I dont care about the skin color of the people who produce this musicl.

I'm of this mindset as well. Who makes the music doesn't matter to me, the music itself is what matters.
May 10, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, there're too much spaniards thinking the write poetry, fuck them,
May 27, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
Personally have no problem with it, actually it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.
May 27, 2014 5:17 PM
Mar 2011
Boombawks said:
Eminem and Slaughterhouse are really the only real MC's left.
I BEG TO DIFFER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOINSUWOqyo
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 27, 2014 5:18 PM
Nov 2008
yo yo yo, buy a dog and have kids. gated communities!
May 27, 2014 5:32 PM

Sep 2013
Aylaine said:
cabacc2 said:
"too" white.

As if this was even slightly relevant. I just listen to the music, I dont care about the skin color of the people who produce this musicl.

I'm of this mindset as well. Who makes the music doesn't matter to me, the music itself is what matters.

Blacks sound, well, black though.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
May 28, 2014 5:14 AM

Jun 2009
There's still lots of good artists if you even attempt to find them, plus it's not like all of them are extremely underground neither. Hip-hop has always been filled with shitty gangsta artists rapping about bling and bitches, most of which were part of the "golden era" everyone loves so much. Certain artists stood out for a reason, because the genre was filled was just as much shit back then as it is now.

Most of the artists I listen to are white, but that's just because I loathe black people with a passion they make good music and just so happen to be white.

Slug (Atmosphere), El-P, Eyedea, Cage, Input, Sadistik, Aesop Rock, Sage Francis and Grieves are just a few white artists I like a lot. There's a bunch of other good rap artists of other races. The genre is just fine.

Shiratori99 said:
That being said, nerd rap can be pretty good. Or really anything with lyrics that are actually meaningful.

I'll never understand stuff like this. That's because like everything in existence, there's good and bad within things. It's like when people bash anime, acting as if there's nothing redeemable in it, then turn around and say "oh, but I do really like Akira and Spirited away".
TrapaliciousMay 28, 2014 5:43 AM
May 28, 2014 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
Hip hop has changed a lot from what it was in the 90s.
Even the 90s were different from 80s hip hop but it seems like the change in todays hip hop wasn't for the better.
I don't think it has much to do with ethnicity, just that whiter people can get more involved not that it's changed so much and has a different motive
May 29, 2014 4:08 PM
Apr 2014
Since when has Hip-Hop been exclusively for black people?

Many of the greatest pioneers in Hip-Hop have been white...

- Nujabes

- The Alchemist

- Thes One

- Kno
May 29, 2014 4:49 PM
Mar 2011
Boombawks said:
FGAU1912 said:
Boombawks said:
I BEG TO DIFFER
Immortal Technique is the man but you can't be serious matching him with Team Shady. Team Shady is consistent, every year, always releasing better material than the previous. Best bars, best lyrically, best hands down. Immortal Technique, Tech Nine, LB Horse shoe gang, Cass, Game, Hopsin, Papoose, Murda mook etc etc heck Jay Z, Nas, KRS-1 and Black Thought are still going now and then but right now it's Team Shady.

You walk up to any member of Slaughterhouse and ask them to drop bars, they will give you bars for days. With all my respect for Immortal Tech, if I walked up to him and asked for bars I will hear a full recycled bars. Check Slaughter's new mix tape that just dropped and all their freestyles, it's crazy.

+ They are doing what most real M.C's/lyricist fail to do, and that being succesful in the mainstream WHILIST being lyrical and keeping it all real.

Tech has more meaning in his lyrics that what people should listern to rap for beacuse most mainstream rap outside of say Macklemore are his ilk have no meaning in there lyrics

comapre Em to the rhymes that Ice cube was writing for NWA or Chuck D or Common sense or KRS one you see were im going here im sorry but mainstream works for rock with meaning[ look at Bob Dylan for example] but Mainstream Rao has no Soul or life its Brag Rap and im sorry that is not what i lisen to Rap for
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
FGAU1912 said:
Boombawks said:
FGAU1912 said:
Boombawks said:
I BEG TO DIFFER
Immortal Technique is the man but you can't be serious matching him with Team Shady. Team Shady is consistent, every year, always releasing better material than the previous. Best bars, best lyrically, best hands down. Immortal Technique, Tech Nine, LB Horse shoe gang, Cass, Game, Hopsin, Papoose, Murda mook etc etc heck Jay Z, Nas, KRS-1 and Black Thought are still going now and then but right now it's Team Shady.

You walk up to any member of Slaughterhouse and ask them to drop bars, they will give you bars for days. With all my respect for Immortal Tech, if I walked up to him and asked for bars I will hear a full recycled bars. Check Slaughter's new mix tape that just dropped and all their freestyles, it's crazy.

+ They are doing what most real M.C's/lyricist fail to do, and that being succesful in the mainstream WHILIST being lyrical and keeping it all real.

Tech has more meaning in his lyrics that what people should listern to rap for beacuse most mainstream rap outside of say Macklemore are his ilk have no meaning in there lyrics

comapre Em to the rhymes that Ice cube was writing for NWA or Chuck D or Common sense or KRS one you see were im going here im sorry but mainstream works for rock with meaning[ look at Bob Dylan for example] but Mainstream Rao has no Soul or life its Brag Rap and im sorry that is not what i lisen to Rap for
I do, I like my rap to have badass-ness in it.
May 29, 2014 6:41 PM
Dec 2013
Guys have a listen to 'The Palmer Squares' . They are pretty good and but most of their songs are narcissist.

Listen to :
Jane Addams
BROKEN LANGUAGE
Bring the bacon
Muffhugger
May 30, 2014 12:54 PM

Feb 2013
Eh, not really. I think you could say it's become affected by and becoming more "mainstream," but even then sure a lot of white people love Kanye and Lil Wayne, but there's so many artists more traditionally hip hop out making music that most people don't know about.
May 30, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
Nyantax said:
Since when has Hip-Hop been exclusively for black people?

Many of the greatest pioneers in Hip-Hop have been white...

- Nujabes

- The Alchemist

- Thes One

- Kno

Nujabes is Japanese not white
May 31, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2014
ataxia_ said:
but there's so many artists more traditionally hip hop out making music that most people don't know about.

I agree you just have to know where to look, and not be blinded by 'mainstream music' being extensively distributed, which in most cases (not all) is for capital gain.

A duo I came across recently, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjWNPWOxJlk
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7876 by Daconator »»
3 hours ago

» Ryusei Otome GALACTIA

GinIonSui - Yesterday

0 by GinIonSui »»
Yesterday, 11:36 AM

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 3 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

103 by cdh_221 »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM

» 'Your Name' set in Chicago? ( 1 2 )

Dave_Adrian - Feb 17, 2019

55 by k4rlo »»
Yesterday, 12:23 AM

» Favorite Hololive Vtuber ( 1 2 )

SOP-II - Jul 21, 2020

71 by k4rlo »»
Yesterday, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.