Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2014 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
There have been so many anime in which science ruthlessly tries to create a perfect human_ only to be stopped or to fail. For example, in Medaka Box,

Feel free to mention any of the other anime that try this sort of thing. :-)

From the Wikipedia article on Perfection:
Perfection is, broadly, a state of completeness and flawlessness.

The parallel existence of two concepts of perfection, one strict ("perfection," as such) and the other loose ("excellence"), has given rise — perhaps since antiquity but certainly since the Renaissance — to a singular paradox: that the greatest perfection is imperfection. The argument is, as given by the first two, that if the world were perfect, it could not improve and so would lack "true perfection," which depends on progress. To Aristotle, "perfect" meant "complete" ("nothing to add or subtract"). To Empedocles, according to Vanini, perfection depends on incompleteness ("perfectio propter imperfectionem"), since the latter possesses a potential for development and for complementing with new characteristics ("perfectio complementii").
People have also debated for ages on how to obtain perfection or whether one should even be perfect.

So what is perfection, and who/what, if anything, is perfect? Should people try to be perfect_ even at the harm of others? Can everyone, or even just anyone, obtain perfection? What would be some ways to do so?
einonymousMar 3, 2014 6:20 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 25, 2014 10:10 PM

Dec 2011
In the first place, what is perfection ?

It's impossible to a human be perfect, because at that time, you would be already a transcendental existence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 12:55 AM
May 2008
Haha I did a project similar to this at school.
like xJapaliicious said when we are ''perfect'' we are already past the point of humans
Oct 15, 2014 6:29 AM

Feb 2010
In an attempt to sedate my boredom, I'll take a swing at this question.

I like to think I'm the embodiment of perfection ;)

Jokes aside. Perfection is arbitrary. Each person has their own ideology explaining their paradigm of perfection. In some cases it may be a god, in other cases it may something else. Anyways I want to try and answer these questions using S.E.L.

Serial Experiments Lain had some euphemism of perfection lingering in the vast space of obscurity that is that show.... honestly I still have trouble wrapping my head around that show, I will have to re-watch it sometime.

I believe that concerns your second question, who/what is perfection? I guess Lain is perfection...softwarified (newly coined term, courtesy of moi) She transgresses humanity and dwells in both realms (reality and the wired). People (within the anime) to some extent worshiped her as a goddess, so that covers the subjectivity I mentioned earlier.

I might take a crack at the other questions after class, if I'm still bored.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» GAME: Ask the person below a riddle ( 1 2 )

einonymous - Jan 22, 2014

81 by l34str0 »»
Mar 8, 2016 7:53 AM

» New Members' Thread

einonymous - Feb 21, 2014

1 by l34str0 »»
Oct 15, 2014 6:56 AM

Sticky: » GAME: What's better?

einonymous - May 28, 2014

1 by Valuc2 »»
Sep 21, 2014 9:40 PM

Sticky: » GAME: What's worse?

einonymous - May 28, 2014

3 by einonymous »»
Aug 29, 2014 8:03 PM

» GAME: Ending Acronym

einonymous - Jan 28, 2014

17 by Nyaa »»
Jul 6, 2014 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.