Edit Anime Information

Japanese: ふるさと再生 日本の昔ばなし

Type: TV
Aired: Apr 1, 2012 to Mar 26, 2017
Premiered: Spring 2012
Broadcast: Sundays at 09:00 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Tomason
Source: Other
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: G - All Ages

Score: 7.091 (scored by 611 users)

Apr 4, 2012
nothereanymore (All reviews)
If like to learn about other culture tales, and in this case Japanese Folktales, you will probably enjoy this show.

The first thing you must have in mind is that the target public of this show is children. So if are expecting for something very elaborated that's not your show. With that in mind, let's go to the review.

The tales are like Aesop's fables, with a strong allegoric and moral background. But at the same time are simple. This simplicity is reinforced by the way the story is told, with clear and direct language since the narrator to characters.

The sound goes well with the animation, read more
Apr 1, 2012
purpletrees (All reviews)
This has the feel of a show for young children. Similar to an adaptation of Aesop's fables for westerners, this anime tells traditional Japanese stories that have a strong moral aspect.

The art is unusual and reminds me of My Neighbours the Yamadas (Studio Ghibli). The sound also emphasises the children's show aspect with 'noises' for walking and so forth. The opening and ending songs are sugary and nothing special.

Each episode consists of two or three tales and I think that character development is good for such a short delivery time. These are excellent stories told by a narrator in the style of bed-time story, read more
May 22, 2013
southheart (All reviews)
Story (8/10)
The story of course just handles three japanese folklores in every episode. I really like folklores and myths from other countries so that is why I really enjoy this show.

Art (7/10)
I gave seven out of ten because the show is animate cute and very child-oriented. You could think that the whole show is drawn with oil crayon by the small and young watchers themselves.

SOund (6/10)
Of course there isn't much you can do with the sound. The intro and outro song are relaxing and make you feel as if you just stood up as a small kid early in the morning read more