Forum Settings
Forums

'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

New
Apr 30, 9:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The website of the Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi (Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits) television anime announced a second season on Wednesday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured above). The second season is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2025.

The first season by animation studio Gonzo aired in 26 episodes beginning Spring 2018. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with English subtitles and dub.

The anime series adapts Midori Yuuma's fantasy gourmet light novel, which began publishing under Fujimi Shobo's Fujimi L Bunko imprint with illustrations by Laruha in April 2015. Kadokawa released the 12th volume in March 2022.

A manga adaptation by Waco Ioka began in B's-LOG Comic magazine in April 2016. Kadokawa shipped the tenth volume on February 1.

A second manga adaptation by Tsugaru Toba began in Monthly Shounen Sirius in January 2023. The fourth volume went on sale on March 8.

VIZ Media licensed the first manga adaptation in English in 2018 and released the ninth volume on April 9.

Synopsis
Abandoned as a child by her mother, Aoi Tsubaki has always had the ability to see "ayakashi"—spirits from the Hidden Realm. Shirou Tsubaki, her grandfather who shared the same ability, took her under his wing and taught her how to live with the ayakashi in peace. When her grandfather abruptly passes away, the independent Aoi must continue her college career, armed with only her knowledge in cooking as a means of protection against the human-eating spirits. In hopes that the ayakashi will not turn to her or other unknowing humans as a tasty meal, she takes it upon herself to feed the hungry creatures that cross her path.

After giving a mysterious ayakashi her lunch, Aoi is transported to the Hidden Realm, where the ayakashi reveals himself to be an ogre-god known as Oodanna, the "Master Innkeeper." There, she learns that she was used as collateral for her grandfather's debt of one hundred million yen, and that she must pay the price for her grandfather's careless decision by marrying Oodanna. Aoi valiantly refuses and decides to settle things on her own terms: she will pay off the debt herself by opening an eatery at Oodanna's inn.

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi follows the journey of Aoi as she proceeds to change and touch the lives of the ayakashi through the one weapon she has against them—her delicious cooking. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: http://kakuriyo-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @kakuriyo_anime

Source: Oricon News

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi 2nd Season on MAL
DatRandomDudeApr 30, 9:40 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 30, 9:29 PM
Feb 2018
It is about time. I thought this was pretty good back when season one aired
Apr 30, 9:44 PM
Aug 2010
Reply to Hofner1962
It is about time. I thought this was pretty good back when season one aired
@Hofner1962

This is surprising and wonderful news! It's a fun story. Found it when it first aired and have recently been reading the manga adaptation for it. Gives me hope that maybe Akatsuki no Yona might get a continuation one day. πŸ™
Apr 30, 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
Unexpected tbh, but not unwelcome. First season was cute, I'm getting my hopes up with the second one.
Apr 30, 10:29 PM

Jan 2020
Bare interesting… I would’ve never expected this to get a second season, but it does seem like it was the only major IPs to be produced by GONZO in recent years.

Judging from the Twitter, it seems GONZO will be returning and iirc they were first on the committee for the first season.

I’m curious to see who will be contracted for the animation work considering GONZO doesn’t have an animation production department anymore like AIC. Better not be fucking Seven lmao πŸ’€

It might be KAI, but I would assume their business relationship has ended since GONZO leaving the ADK Group after founder Ishikawa’s MBO in 2020.
Apr 30, 10:33 PM

May 2020
LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
οΌΌοΌΌ\\Ω©(ΰΉ‘`^´ΰΉ‘)ΫΆ////
This was such a sweet anime!! I've been waiting for so long for them to continue it. Even the manga was almost impossible to find.
Apr 30, 10:56 PM

Jul 2007
Never would have expected this!! I watched the first season earlier this year. I found the cast initially to be likable but for some reason the characters didn't resonate with me, I'm not really sure why. The concept and plot, while interesting, took a while to unfold. It wasn't bad overall but I gave it my worst rating and generally thought it was weak as a romance. Undecided if I'll give this another chance but I'm really happy for all the fans who have been waiting all this time (6 years!).
May 1, 2:20 AM
Feb 2014
YES!!!!! OH MY GOD YEEEEESSSSS!!!!! πŸ’“πŸ˜

This has made my whole day!!!!! πŸ’–πŸ₯°

This is amazing, finally an anime i loved is getting a well deserved sequel!!!!! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

And it has two of my favorite seiyuu's too, can't wait!!!!! πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Might be time to rewatch the first season before this one finishes airing!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
May 1, 5:41 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to ims-tokyo
Bare interesting… I would’ve never expected this to get a second season, but it does seem like it was the only major IPs to be produced by GONZO in recent years.

Judging from the Twitter, it seems GONZO will be returning and iirc they were first on the committee for the first season.

I’m curious to see who will be contracted for the animation work considering GONZO doesn’t have an animation production department anymore like AIC. Better not be fucking Seven lmao πŸ’€

It might be KAI, but I would assume their business relationship has ended since GONZO leaving the ADK Group after founder Ishikawa’s MBO in 2020.
@ims-tokyo as far as I know Gonzo literally went bankrupt years ago, and all the animators went to Kai
May 1, 7:26 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to Sleabedybarb
@ims-tokyo as far as I know Gonzo literally went bankrupt years ago, and all the animators went to Kai
@Sleabedybarb GONZO is still around these days, but just as a rights management firm for its past works at this point. After that whole accounting scandal in 2017, ADK liquidated the studio's reserves for all that it was worth and transferred its production department and then-upcoming production slate to Studio KAI. Although, it was an incredibly stupid acquisition on ADK's part for spending like 6.2 billion yen on an essentially a work for hire studio lol.

The only new project they've been up to post-Ishikawa's MBO of GONZO in 2020 was Samurai Cryptos in 2021, but it seems pretty much dead in the water at this point lol.
ims-tokyoMay 1, 7:32 AM
May 1, 7:42 AM

Jul 2015
Shoujo anime is getting resurgence lately, so I don't see why this one shouldn't get a sequel as well.

May 1, 8:33 AM

May 2023
OMG! This is amazing
May 1, 9:34 AM
Dec 2014
awesomeeeeeeeee this is unbelievable !!!
May 1, 10:37 AM

Jan 2024
Am I dreaming? This is the best news. Ōdanna-sama, okaerinasai!
0archeMay 1, 2:33 PM
May 1, 11:11 AM

Aug 2019
I had never dared to dream so far... OMG!
β‹˜ π“π‘œπ’Άπ’Ήπ’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“Œπ‘œπ“ƒπ’Ήπ‘’π“‡π“π’Άπ“ƒπ’Ή... β‹™
Now playing:
Pure Imagination - Kathleen
⇄ ◁ II β–· β†Ί
0:01 -•β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ 2:35
α΄ α΄ΚŸα΄œα΄α΄‡ : ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇▉
May 1, 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
Super random, this was one of the anime I assumed wouldn't get a second season.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 2, 2:12 PM

Feb 2022
Good news for fans. :)
May 3, 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't say I was a big fan of the original show, but it's nice to see a sequel announced. So it was still popular.
May 4, 6:26 PM
Feb 2019
my house is excited the only anime my sister love's and rewatched more than 10 time so thank you for a update!!
May 21, 9:35 AM
Dec 2020
I watched it around the time when it was first aired, those days I felt like it was a decent show and I wanted to see more ( I think there was a mystery some thing that was not fully covered) so I am happy to see story continues. I would differently check on it!

More topics from this board

» 'Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan' Reveals Supporting Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by Dranex752 »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Zegapain: STA' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

2 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki ChΠΎujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

2 by tsubasalover »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tasuuketsu' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Sorairo Utility' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.