Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 10:25 PM
Dec 2017
Why didn't they do this for 24 episodes? Watching the first season I felt that it was something very generic and that nothing happened that hadn't already been seen in other anime, that is, the protagonists go on a mission and at the end there is the villain to defeat, it was like Tokyo Ghoul season 1 or for the first 13 episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen, it didn't show anything innovative in this whole part... that's why I wonder why they didn't implement another 12 episodes to show more content and have a 24 episode for season? As have many successful modern anime like Demon Salyer or Jujutsu Kaisen
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 10:28 PM
Oct 2019
Mappa funded the season alone and it took them 3 years to get the money for a single cour. Send them a check if you want more friendly advice.
Apr 9, 11:11 PM
Oct 2020
Chainsaw man is already one of the most successful anime of the year and it hasn’t even really started yet
Apr 9, 11:26 PM
Aug 2023
There's a limit to how much money one studio alone can throw in on a show though I agree that it would have been better if they did 24 or 25 episode
Apr 10, 12:03 AM
Jun 2021
Kaitaka12 said:
There's a limit to how much money one studio alone can throw in on a show though I agree that it would have been better if they did 24 or 25 episode

I also think the same
Apr 10, 12:13 AM
Feb 2023
SSGAryaman said:
Chainsaw man is already one of the most successful anime of the year and it hasn’t even really started yet

BR/DVD sales says otherwise and it didn’t even reached the heights of AOT and OP as the most watched TV show.
Apr 10, 12:16 AM
Mar 2023
1. Mappa was stretched at the time so they couldn’t do it

2. 24 episodes is not enough time to fully adapt the bomb girl arc and the katana man arc and the origin. So 12 and a movie was literally the perfect solution (what most fans wanted) and 99% of people are happy that mappa went that way. If they wanted 24 they’d have to make a lot of filler or do it one piece paving and no one wants that.

3. Why 24 like of the top of my head I can’t think of any anime season which is 24 episodes. If you just want double the length of csm season 1… watch it twice duh
Apr 10, 12:17 AM
Jun 2019
There's a lot of reasons

the manga for part 1 is really short and it would be about 30 episodes only. A 24 episode would leave it in the middle of the last arc. And because how it was funded and the production values it would not be possible to adapt it whole.

So they decided beforehand on 12 eps - movie - 12 eps.
Psrtly also cuz movies are really profitable.
Apr 10, 12:19 AM
Mar 2023
Eldencheese said:

2. 24 episodes is not enough time to fully adapt the bomb girl arc and the katana man arc and the origin. So 12 and a movie was literally the perfect solution (what most fans wanted) and 99% of people are happy that mappa went that way. If they wanted 24 they’d have to make a lot of filler or do it one piece paving and no one wants that.

3. Why 24 like of the top of my head I can’t think of any anime season which is 24 episodes. If you just want double the length of csm season 1… watch it twice duh

Also csm was privately funded so mappa needed time to fund more episodes and a movie while needing more money makes mappa a lucrative investment ( for example jjk 0 was like the number 1 trending movie in Japan for months after its release)
Apr 10, 12:40 AM
Jun 2016
Eldencheese said:

There might be many with 24 episodes already.....
Apr 10, 1:07 AM
Nov 2022
SSGAryaman said:

Successful at this point just means reach.
Apr 10, 1:09 AM
Feb 2021
SSGAryaman said:

Yeah, that’s when you understand ppl’s bar is being setting lower and lower, I mean when shit like Solo Leveling gets so praised you can see how bad the situation is….
Apr 10, 1:14 AM

Apr 2023
Quality>>>Quantity
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Apr 10, 2:43 AM

Nov 2019
all the budget allegations makes me wonder regarding how many bucks went into hiring so many ED singers
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 10, 3:49 AM
Oct 2022
maybe because of schedule problems on MAPPA's part
Apr 10, 4:02 AM

Nov 2021
Because it didn’t deserve 24 episodes, it didn’t even deserve an anime adaptation in the first place.
Apr 10, 4:03 AM
Apr 2022
Chainsawman was actually going to have 2-3 years of production time however due to mappa taking on so many projects they ended up having to make it in less than one year(which is a stupidly small amount of time for an industry wide production like chainsawman). They started working on csm right after finishing the JJK 0 film. Also u remember that trailer we got of csm the first one it was a PV(pre visual) it was all pre animated(meaning the animation was only made for the trailer not the anime) we got that PV cuz Mappa hadn’t even made half the anime so they wanted to hype up the fanbase they wouldn’t have needed to do that is they didn’t start production so late
Apr 10, 4:16 AM
Apr 2022
Also they never intended to make 24 episodes cuz 24 episodes would end in the middle of an arc I think the international assassins arc (bomb devil is really a short arc perfect for a movie) also how would they make 24 episodes in one year kinda crazy. Let it be known that the longer and better looking an anime is the more time it needs and if it’s not given time well it’ll look half baked like jjk season 2(don’t start jumping at me ik it looks phenomenal but let’s be honest it had quite a lot of half baked animation as well)
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
because they got contract to do jjk s2 afterwards and that is 2 cour instead
Apr 10, 6:35 AM
Jan 2022
nishant0 said:
Because it didn’t deserve 24 episodes, it didn’t even deserve an anime adaptation in the first place.

Why doesn't it deserve adaption?
Apr 10, 7:10 AM
Jul 2023
thinking whether to drop or continue.
testing the waters.
confirmations.
gueses
Apr 10, 7:21 AM
Jan 2022
It was cost, anime is expensive as shit to make. If you put it all together with the beautiful animation and all the end songs being different the cost is very high. It should’ve been 24 but they wasted budget making all the end credits different.
Apr 10, 7:22 AM
Jan 2022
It was cost, anime is expensive as shit to make. If you put it all together with the beautiful animation and all the end songs being different the cost is very high. It should’ve been 24 but they wasted budget making all the end credits different.
Jan 2022
Jan 2022
Apr 10, 7:53 AM
Mar 2023
Wait, let me call them -_-
Apr 10, 9:30 AM

Aug 2020
Because it will easily catch up to the manga and we will end up waiting longer to adapt csm part 2 of the manga
Apr 10, 9:31 AM

Aug 2020
DottedDopedLi said:
testing the waters.
confirmations.
gueses

Drop and read the manga, it’s a better experience
Apr 10, 3:14 PM
Jan 2024
I agree. With 25 episodes they could’ve really did the reze arc in the first season and then teased the international assassins arc which is when I think the series really picks up in terms of chaos and the plot and begins to set it’s self apart from the Shonen you mentioned. It’s more realistic to do half of the reze arc in the first season. Maybe they planned all along to put the reze arc in a movie. What’s funny though is that the reze arc is 12 chapters but so is the international assassins arc (13 chapters) Does that mean they’ll probably do a movie for the international assassins arc too? I would expect the arcs after that to be full seasons though. Another thing is what is depicted in the first season is very tame and slow paced compared to what’s to come.
Apr 10, 4:01 PM
Jun 2021
budget, they wanted to maintain the high budget and multiple ed's were probably expensive
Apr 10, 10:23 PM
Nov 2021
Because it wasn't. It'll get a new season sooner or later dw. Maybe that one will be 24 episodes - probably cause otherwise the season might end with the big Makima spoilers reveal.

Honestly that might be wh it was only 12 episodes. Everything after the season's contents tied into Makima. It might have been even more of a cliffhanger if they'd stopped it anywhere else. I think with 12 more episodes it'd probably be in the thick of the arc with Quanxi.

I think its kind of funny you act like the season was nothing special but you're really interested in there being other episodes.
Apr 11, 12:40 AM

Aug 2011
Reply to filthyfrank8142
DottedDopedLi said:
testing the waters.
confirmations.
gueses

Drop and read the manga, it’s a better experience
@filthyfrank8142 people here already finish read csm manga 20 times. So what you want me to do next?
Apr 11, 1:24 AM
Apr 2022
I think another reason is because the story is short so they’d be adapting the full story almost. If it went on for 24 eps we’d also be getting the Reze arc AND the Assassins arc.
Apr 11, 5:04 AM
Jan 2021
see, you can clearly say by looking at it, it is the 3D and whole thing was on MAPPA's head, they were the one who were doing everything for it, no production committee organised, it was actually made to make money, seasonal anime is the hottest right now and, instead of doing everything on one go, doing it by parts makes even more, and people like us will be waiting for it, it is as simple as it is, MONEY
Apr 11, 5:35 AM
Oct 2023
SSGAryaman said:

As good as it is, this isn’t even remotely true. An anime may be successful overseas but if it doesn’t do well in Japan it won’t get priority. Some end up getting cancelled. Just pray CSM isn’t one of the ones that ends up in the latter group.
Apr 11, 10:36 AM
Apr 2023
Eldencheese said:

most anime seasons are 24-26 episodes. JJK, Ao Ashi, Kurokos basketball, Haikyuu, code geass, cowboy bebop, vinland saga etc. 24 episodes would have let them develop the story more and prevent it from being something more generic and forgettable
Apr 11, 2:02 PM
Apr 2023
Angglio_1 said:
SSGAryaman said:

BR/DVD sales says otherwise and it didn’t even reached the heights of AOT and OP as the most watched TV show.

if you expect a show that has just started to have the same sales as a a show that has been going on for a 1000+ episodes with a loyal fandom then you are an idiot ,sorry.
Apr 11, 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
^it should be noted Bocchi the Rock absolutely obliterated chainsaw man in sales, and that was the same time so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 12, 6:05 AM
Feb 2024
DoctorWasabi said:
^it should be noted Bocchi the Rock absolutely obliterated chainsaw man in sales, and that was the same time so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They were literally 7. And 9. Most seller
Apr 12, 6:10 AM

Jan 2021
Angglio_1 said:
SSGAryaman said:

I don’t think this is a fair comparison though. OP and AOT have been around longer than CSM. They also broke records long before CSM came around. I mean AOT outsold One Piece for a period of time.

CSM’s anime is good but it is clear something was missing. There’s something special about the manga that I don’t think the anime was able to capture. Now, how they go about this Reze film will determine next steps for the series.
The_Weekly_JayApr 12, 1:20 PM
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Apr 12, 12:55 PM
Aug 2021
The_Weekly_Jay said:
Angglio_1 said:

I don’t think this is a fair comparison though. OP and AOT have been around longer than CSM. They also broke records long before CSM came around. I mean AOT outsold One Piece for a period of time.

CSM’s anime is good but it is clear something was missing. There’s something special about the manga that I don’t think the anime was able to capture. Now, how they go about this Rize film will determine next steps for the series.

Any idea when it's going to come out?
Apr 12, 1:18 PM

Jan 2021
J2C said:
The_Weekly_Jay said:

CSM’s anime is good but it is clear something was missing. There’s something special about the manga that I don’t think the anime was able to capture. Now, how they go about this Rize film will determine next steps for the series.

Any idea when it's going to come out?

Unfortunately, no. If I had to guess, I’d say we will get an official trailer some time this year (maybe summer/fall) and the movie will drop within the first two quarters of 2025–most likely spring.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Apr 12, 5:05 PM
Feb 2023
To hurt us 😂 jk, I've heard that there is a lot of strife going on behind the scenes with MAPPA. Especially with animes like Jujutsu Kaisen. The animators are overworked/understaffed and having to meet really strict deadlines.
Apr 12, 9:29 PM
Jul 2021
Money? Time? Is this a genuine question?
Apr 13, 8:44 AM
Jul 2022
24 episodes would’ve covered like 80% of part 1
Apr 13, 9:45 PM
Feb 2024
It's a shame that Chainsaw man is neglected like this... it should continue like Solo leveling
Apr 14, 6:39 AM
Mar 2021
mappa wants fans to watch all low budget animes beside jjk n csm, so they want to keep the hype and hold the production under because people will wait for it and wach their other anime too
Anime Rules the world
Apr 14, 6:50 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to AnimeXlover78
It's a shame that Chainsaw man is neglected like this... it should continue like Solo leveling
@AnimeXlover78

It isn't, tho.

It's got a big Movie coming and broke many records, already.
It also got one of the most expensive Anime-Adaptations, ever. And it looked fantastic.

So....."neglect" is really not the right way to put this^^
It's wrong.
Apr 14, 6:53 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to nishant0
@nishant0

I translate: "I don't like this, so it shouldn't exist."
-And that would be alright, my dude. IF that's really your opinion. You don't like it - fair enough.

But a lot of people do. So saying that it doesn't "deserve" it, when so many people fell in love with it AND when we consider that a Movie is coming, which is already receiving massive amounts of hype then....you're just wrong. Objectively wrong and a bit childish.

The community and the industry already decided that it IS deserving of an Adaptation. We did it without asking your opinion. And I think you should accept this, without holding a grudge :) Watch something else. Let us enjoy, without telling us that it's shit, yeah?
Merve2LoveApr 14, 6:59 AM
Apr 14, 7:34 AM
Sep 2021
budget and or not enough manga material. idk if the manga has finished or not so I can't say for sure but that's usually the case. Animation is expensive because its so time consuming and difficult to produce. You also have to take into account that a company the size of mappa has many many other shows they're working on. All that budget needs to be spread out on other shows and I'm not just talking about money. I'm talking about staff as well who are working on multiple shows at once.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
May 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.