Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 4:38 AM
Oct 2017
I recently started watching this anime. Part 1 of season 1 I found okay, but part 2 bored me terribly, I'm on episode 10 of part 2 and so far there hasn't been any progress in the main story, the whole part was a slice of life of the daughter's school life without any progress on the star front and with the protagonist doing filler missions unrelated with the main plot. I'm thinking of dropping it if it continues like this, tell me if anything changes in season 2 in terms of story progression
Apr 1, 4:46 AM

Mar 2021
Its more of the same in season2 except for some episodes where Spoilers.......

finally we get to see Yor in action.
KHK001Apr 1, 4:53 AM
Apr 1, 5:00 AM

Apr 2022
It’s a slice of life show. The whole point is the smaller moments of comedy. Story progression is secondary and frankly, barely happens in S2 as well. But if that’s why you’re watching it, then I’d say bail now lol.
Apr 1, 5:32 AM
Aug 2021
yor got a scar on her belly thats it
Apr 1, 5:34 AM
Mar 2021
Short answer: No.

It seems like this season was used to flesh out some of the characters a bit more and kind of feels like a slice of life show.

While I'm not a massive fan of the slice of life genre, I do recommend watching this season as Yor's character arc towards the end is one I would say is very fulfilling.
Apr 1, 6:05 AM
Feb 2024
Yeah,go ahead and drop it. Its not the anime you think it is if you got bored by anyas school antics with damian i doubt you will enjoy this anime. Dont expect plot progression in spy x family in fact youre probably not supposed to want anything to change and have them be happy forever lol
Apr 1, 6:37 AM
Aug 2021
yeah I think the "plot" serves more as a backdrop and I'm fine with it.
Apr 1, 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Everything in it is the story the "stella" thing is a very loose endgoal.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 2, 5:09 AM

Jan 2023
easily the worst part of the show imo. The whole boat type arc was not interesting and I felt like the overarching goal has not been discussed for so long now
死人に口なし
Apr 2, 11:23 AM
May 2017
If what you're hoping for is a compelling narrative with regular plot development, SxF is simply not the show for you. It's an episodic comedy at its core not unlike your average western cartoon. There is not going to be major changes to the status quo any time soon. While that can be dissappointing for some, it's better to enjoy it for what it is than to keep watching expecting something different.

I'd recommend Buddy Daddies if you want something similar to SxF that tells a complete story in a single season.
Apr 2, 11:37 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to EXCLMaker
If what you're hoping for is a compelling narrative with regular plot development, SxF is simply not the show for you. It's an episodic comedy at its core not unlike your average western cartoon. There is not going to be major changes to the status quo any time soon. While that can be dissappointing for some, it's better to enjoy it for what it is than to keep watching expecting something different.

I'd recommend Buddy Daddies if you want something similar to SxF that tells a complete story in a single season.
EXCLMaker said:
It's an episodic comedy at its core not unlike your average western cartoon.

Okay, so that's why it's so boring... I find western cartoons boring as well. Thanks

EXCLMaker said:
I'd recommend Buddy Daddies if you want something similar to SxF

No thanks, a gay show would probably be even worse to watch for me. I guess I'll stick with an isekai for the moment being.
Apr 2, 12:16 PM

Sep 2022
Dije said:
I recently started watching this anime. Part 1 of season 1 I found okay, but part 2 bored me terribly, I'm on episode 10 of part 2 and so far there hasn't been any progress in the main story, the whole part was a slice of life of the daughter's school life without any progress on the star front and with the protagonist doing filler missions unrelated with the main plot. I'm thinking of dropping it if it continues like this, tell me if anything changes in season 2 in terms of story progression

Straight up answer - No.

More topics from this board

» Will it ever become good again? ( 1 2 3 )

goaTMaru - Oct 24, 2023

102 by Jammitylam »»
May 26, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

146 by Safrichh »»
May 25, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

183 by Seabury »»
May 21, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

126 by Safrichh »»
May 10, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

191 by AkioTz »»
May 5, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.